• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Had a 229 Legion and sold it to Kokomo Dave , think that’s the right Dave. Wish I had it back, very nice shooter. Don’t even know why I sold it. One of those moods I guess.

pjfan29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Boone County
    Had a 229 Legion and sold it to Kokomo Dave , think that’s the right Dave. Wish I had it back, very nice shooter. Don’t even know why I sold it. One of those moods I guess.

Correct me if I’m wrong but, the 229 Legion is not ambi, correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Are any of the scaled versions of the Sig P226 (P220, P229, etc) ambidextrous?

As a lefty, I can comfortably operate the controls on my P226 with my left hand without much hassle, but when I held a smaller framed P-series (I think a P229), I had issues using my left index on the lefthand side (LHS) of the gun. For my CZ P-09 (another full sized pistol), I can quite easily operate the slide release with my LH index finger and the ambi-docker is nice since the decocker is quite far back compared to the Sig P226. (The design of the P-09 slide release also provides excellent leverage for my left index finger, but this is the Sig thread, not the CZ thread.)

I can't operate the LHS of the slide release on my P250 compact (same frames, slides, barrels as a P320) with my left index finger, so I installed the larger Wilson Combat slide release to make it a little easier with my left thumb on the RHS of the gun since there is a noticeable difference in the force needed to release the slide on the two sides of the slide.

Anyway, if you're a lefty and want to be able to operate the gun with either hand, I think it would behoove you to hold a sample of a given model in your hand to see how it fits even if ordering online.

pjfan29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Boone County
    Are any of the scaled versions of the Sig P226 (P220, P229, etc) ambidextrous?

As a lefty, I can comfortably operate the controls on my P226 with my left hand without much hassle, but when I held a smaller framed P-series (I think a P229), I had issues using my left index on the lefthand side (LHS) of the gun. For my CZ P-09 (another full sized pistol), I can quite easily operate the slide release with my LH index finger and the ambi-docker is nice since the decocker is quite far back compared to the Sig P226. (The design of the P-09 slide release also provides excellent leverage for my left index finger, but this is the Sig thread, not the CZ thread.)

I can't operate the LHS of the slide release on my P250 compact (same frames, slides, barrels as a P320) with my left index finger, so I installed the larger Wilson Combat slide release to make it a little easier with my left thumb on the RHS of the gun since there is a noticeable difference in the force needed to release the slide on the two sides of the slide.

Anyway, if you're a lefty and want to be able to operate the gun with either hand, I think it would behoove you to hold a sample of a given model in your hand to see how it fits even if ordering online.

Yeah... I was looking at that and realized, it’s not ambi friendly like my Legion XFive.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There’s a P226 Extreme in the classes right now that seems to be about $900 over priced. From what I can tell, the Extreme was just another flavor of the day from when Sig was doing the Kimber method of putting out 30 different variations that only varied in the color.

But, people are going to charge what they want and hopefully it sells for the guy. Prices are up but I do think he might be a bit optimistic about that one.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    There’s a P226 Extreme in the classes right now that seems to be about $900 over priced. From what I can tell, the Extreme was just another flavor of the day from when Sig was doing the Kimber method of putting out 30 different variations that only varied in the color.

But, people are going to charge what they want and hopefully it sells for the guy. Prices are up but I do think he might be a bit optimistic about that one.
    Seen that. Thought it was a bit outrageous. Gotta love people who think just because the flavor changed that makes those guns value sky rocket. Most of the time nothing is changed outside the etching of the name or the coating on the gun or maybe a different grip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

pjfan29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Boone County
    Seen that. Thought it was a bit outrageous. Gotta love people who think just because the flavor changed that makes those guns value sky rocket. Most of the time nothing is changed outside the etching of the name or the coating on the gun or maybe a different grip.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My fav though is the price of their mags. That the BEST!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picked up some of the P320 Act-Mag 17rd magazines from Greg Cote. I must say I am impressed, they seem to be every bit of quality as OEM Sig mags and for half the price. I've used this brand in the past for 1911's with no issues.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sa...auer-p250-p320-m17-9mm-17-rd-3209-p-2047.html

A little mini-review if I may....

- Fit and function are the same so far during in house testing, have not live fire tested
    - Act has a hi-gloss finish, Sig has a satin/matte finish
    - Act has an extra round count hole for the 15rd mark
    - Both springs are 0.0485" diameter coils, but the Sig spring is longer with an extra coil or so.
    - Similar in weight, Act - 2.99oz, Sig - 3.01oz
    - Base plates and insert plates are interchangeable, did not check followers

I have no concerns running these. I know it will be mentioned, so I will say it now, I have plenty of Sig mags for carry/defensive use. I'm not saying I wouldn't use one of the Act mags for those uses, obviously it would be after putting them through the paces, but I'd have no reason to do that when I've already done that with the OEM mags.

DVRsjtg.jpg

paaoqDC.jpg

ivS4QID.jpg

FxcZ5Qd.jpg

7r2FRqm.jpg

fVt1ont.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    More Sig mags inbound. Greg Cote must be swamped right now. It took almost 4 hours between ordering them and getting a shipping notice. Anyone that’s ordered from him before will know that is about 3 times the normal turn time.

Top Bottom