• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep, INGO is great for getting new to me guns, maybe too good... :):
    That's sooooo true here too. I've probably bought guns I'd never considered before dozens of times based on threads here. The Czickness thread alone has cost me the price of a nice car. I don't know how I got hooked on Sigs, but it is not a cheap addiction.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well my springer precision mag release showed up on Tuesday, they accidentally sent a second mag catch and mag catch spring, so now I have 2 complete extra mag release kits, but the blue mag release looks sharp, I might actually have to buy the blue aluminum mag funnel they make, just to add a little more color to my gun!

Attachments

• D0314E44-3F74-4382-95FE-B115F859E0EE.jpeg
      D0314E44-3F74-4382-95FE-B115F859E0EE.jpeg
      543.3 KB · Views: 4

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So the only malfunction I had was when I intentionally limp wristed I did get a shell to hit the optic base and jump into the port to stop it. Under all regular 1 and 2 handed shooting it ran fine. My hopes that the ZEV barrel would work with this new slide were unfounded. It still shoots with horrible accuracy results. Putting the factory barrel in yielded better results. Not sure which barrel to go with in this assembly. Looking at True Precision or Killer Innovations right now, but that could change.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So the only malfunction I had was when I intentionally limp wristed I did get a shell to hit the optic base and jump into the port to stop it. Under all regular 1 and 2 handed shooting it ran fine. My hopes that the ZEV barrel would work with this new slide were unfounded. It still shoots with horrible accuracy results. Putting the factory barrel in yielded better results. Not sure which barrel to go with in this assembly. Looking at True Precision or Killer Innovations right now, but that could change.
    Was it horrible accuracy with irons and the original slide I take it? Sorry if I haven’t followed along.

What is horrible for your standards and what is good?

Not familiar with that dot, how big is it? Just wondering if a larger dot size could be contributing.

Sorry for the simple questions, I know you’re lined around, just trying to think what else could be at play.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Was it horrible accuracy with irons and the original slide I take it? Sorry if I haven’t followed along.

What is horrible for your standards and what is good?

Not familiar with that dot, how big is it? Just wondering if a larger dot size could be contributing.

Sorry for the simple questions, I know you’re lined around, just trying to think what else could be at play.
    This gun has not been accurate from the beginning. We are talking 25 yards freestyle groups roughly twice the size I put out with my Walther Q5 and Staccato. That puts it around 5-6 inches, and I have to work real hard for that. With the Zev barrel it will barely keep them all on the B8. It looks like a shotgun pattern not a group. Optic is 5 MOA, same as everything else I run. That optic on my Walther from a bench or prone will do 2 inches at 25.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This gun has not been accurate from the beginning. We are talking 25 yards freestyle groups roughly twice the size I put out with my Walther Q5 and Staccato. That puts it around 5-6 inches, and I have to work real hard for that. With the Zev barrel it will barely keep them all on the B8. It looks like a shotgun pattern not a group. Optic is 5 MOA, same as everything else I run. That optic on my Walther from a bench or prone will do 2 inches at 25.
    I run the smaller dots (2moa)?) but if your the same with your others dot size is not it.

I wonder if you moved up to 7 yards if it would look more accurate? (Not be, just look)
    I’m proud of my accuracy on some guns and know some others are weak, but only know that from 7 yards. So you’re got me thinking….

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I run the smaller dots (2moa)?) but if your the same with your others dot size is not it.

I wonder if you moved up to 7 yards if it would look more accurate? (Not be, just look)
    I’m proud of my accuracy on some guns and know some others are weak, but only know that from 7 yards. So you’re got me thinking….
    7 yards slow fire should be more or less one hole to make me happy. Below picture is 3 round fadeback. 3 shots from the holster at each distance 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25. 5 yards is WHO, 7 is SHO, rest are freestyle. The 2 shots off the card I called as fliers. That is acceptable accuracy for an IDPA gun, which this is, but I am not thrilled with it.
    PXL_20230226_174602107.MP.jpg

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Technically not a Sig, but it is related…
    Just picked up a printed p320 magazine adapter for my Ruger PCC.
    The individual who recommended it said that he has done hundreds of mag dumps. 1000’s of rounds with no issues.
    He stated the original model used different materials and didn’t hold up. I dropped it in with no problems.
    Haven’t ran the gun yet but I’m hoping it works as I was told.
    Maybe this will mean that Ruger will come out with a factory one soon.
    3BA3F1FA-1C28-40BD-8B99-5ECEC6601FC6.jpeg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Been getting back into the Sig game after being away for a while. Sold off a 9mm P226 several years ago and regretted it ever since. Picked up a 320 in 9mm and 2 police trade in 229s in .40 S&W recently. I noticed though that the P series guns (226,229,228) have all seemingly skyrocketed in value since the last time I was shopping around for one. Hence me buying the .40s since they were alot cheaper than the 9mm counterparts. This have anything to do with Sig shutting down their German factory? Not making the DA/SA guns here in the US?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Been getting back into the Sig game after being away for a while. Sold off a 9mm P226 several years ago and regretted it ever since. Picked up a 320 in 9mm and 2 police trade in 229s in .40 S&W recently. I noticed though that the P series guns (226,229,228) have all seemingly skyrocketed in value since the last time I was shopping around for one. Hence me buying the .40s since they were alot cheaper than the 9mm counterparts. This have anything to do with Sig shutting down their German factory? Not making the DA/SA guns here in the US?
    They still make the double/singles here in the USA, I think the price increase is due to the polymer models, the price difference and demand for the poly guns makes them more popular

Top Bottom