• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I got the P365 when they first came out. I took it to the range several times. I was constantly adjusting my grip because it was too small for my relatively long fingers. I found the H&K P2000 after that and it fits me much better.
    I felt the same way when I was shopping for my edc.. held but not fired at the time several offerings .. hellcat, 365, 43x, a g3 and the 43x felt the best in my hand and grip. No fumbling with it. It just fit the best. I shoot it ok but have maybe ran 3 or 4 magazines thru it

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I felt the same way when I was shopping for my edc.. held but not fired at the time several offerings .. hellcat, 365, 43x, a g3 and the 43x felt the best in my hand and grip. No fumbling with it. It just fit the best. I shoot it ok but have maybe ran 3 or 4 magazines thru it
    I’ve been beside a couple of guys with 43x in classes, and a buddy has one, while I’m not a g***k guy they have performed really well in those classes and seem to be great guns.
    You know you’re beside one because of the ejection pattern. Gets me every time.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I didn't really care for the P365 or the XL, but the P365 X Macro fits my hand really well. Haven't tried the P365x, but I'm not a fan of guns that small. I know it's likely just a training issue, but I always feel like I'd fumble something too small in a defensive situation.
    You can shoot mine at the SGE.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    As it has been said . . . I'm not a Glock guy either.
    But, for winter carry the 43X just fits me very nice.
    And ad a Apex trigger!

Also like my Sig 365XL, it fits well also.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    As it has been said . . . I'm not a Glock guy either.
    But, for winter carry the 43X just fits me very nice.
    And ad a Apex trigger!

Also like my Sig 365XL, it fits well also.
    my gdaughter really likes the g43..it's not the x as i wrongley stated earlier. she likes my g2c but prefers the g43.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a chance to run a few Sigs today. On the line with me was a P220 SAO Legion, P229 RXP 9mm, P229 Legion and a P226 in .357 Sig. The P226 was probably my favorite shooter but the P220 was awfully nice too.

All were great but I did figure out that I need to work on my red dot skills more. In fact, I need to just get out and shoot a lot more. Skills be getting rusty.
    68a4fe451cc34b703009cf4fe5e8dee3.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a chance to run a few Sigs today. On the line with me was a P220 SAO Legion, P229 RXP 9mm, P229 Legion and a P226 in .357 Sig. The P226 was probably my favorite shooter but the P220 was awfully nice too.

All were great but I did figure out that I need to work on my red dot skills more. In fact, I need to just get out and shoot a lot more. Skills be getting rusty.
    68a4fe451cc34b703009cf4fe5e8dee3.jpg
    Yes, the P226 in .357 Sig is a nice shooter.
    But I usually carry a P229 .357 Sig.

Reminds me that I have a P226 .40SW I bought new some years back, and when I swapped in the OEM .357 Sig barrel, it would sometimes drop the magazine when I was shooting it.

I wasn't hitting the magazine release, and it did the same thing for others that fired it.
    Haven't taken the time to figure out why this is happening.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks. I hope to shoot it this afternoon but weather might stop me. What were you carrying/shooting prior to this and to compare to? Thanks. Tim

Well, this isn't necessarily a replacement for my EDC, but I wanted one to test, compare and see what I thought about it. It's a fantastic gun, but I honestly still really like the CZ P10C OR that I've carried for the last few years. The Macro is close to the same size, but thinner and lighter, with a higher capacity. I normally carry concealed, OWB in a kydex pancake holster at around 2:00. I don't really need a thin gun due to how I carry, but I wanted something I could carry IWB in a pinch. This gun is definitely snappier than my P10C, but it's not bad at all. I have a HS507K X2 mounted on it and it does a great job. It's a slight bit less accurate for me than my P10C OR with a HS507C V2 on it, but that's likely because I've sent many more rounds downrange with the P10C OR. I would have no problem recommending the Macro to anyone, as it's a great option for an EDC IMO, aside from anyone who is recoil sensitive. While it's not bad for the size and thinness, if you can carry a standard double stack you'll get less recoil. Just my :twocents:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well, this isn't necessarily a replacement for my EDC, but I wanted one to test, compare and see what I thought about it. It's a fantastic gun, but I honestly still really like the CZ P10C OR that I've carried for the last few years. The Macro is close to the same size, but thinner and lighter, with a higher capacity. I normally carry concealed, OWB in a kydex pancake holster at around 2:00. I don't really need a thin gun due to how I carry, but I wanted something I could carry IWB in a pinch. This gun is definitely snappier than my P10C, but it's not bad at all. I have a HS507K X2 mounted on it and it does a great job. It's a slight bit less accurate for me than my P10C OR with a HS507C V2 on it, but that's likely because I've sent many more rounds downrange with the P10C OR. I would have no problem recommending the Macro to anyone, as it's a great option for an EDC IMO, aside from anyone who is recoil sensitive. While it's not bad for the size and thinness, if you can carry a standard double stack you'll get less recoil. Just my :twocents:
    So much for the effectiveness of the compensator I guess?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So much for the effectiveness of the compensator I guess?

I think the comp helps, but doesn't eliminate the recoil. It's pretty good for the size, but a standard double stack compact size gun has less recoil to me. Not by a ton maybe, but there's a definite difference. I was shooting the P10C OR and the Macro back to back at the range last week and could definitely tell the difference.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom