6f60d7e222ce805f157a6cf21fb4ab03.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah, I never got that whole thing. But I am not a tier one operator like most of the INGOistas.
    I have a personal theory regarding the creation of the low bore axis myth. My belief is that when the Glock was being designed, it needed to shoot like what shooters were used to in order to be accepted in a world of revolvers and full metal frame pistols. To achieve this, the bore axis needed to be pushed as low as possible.

Glock pushed the bore axis so low, they had to rotate the grip angle back a few degrees to get the trigger finger back in alignment with the trigger. It worked but it caused a mistaken belief that the low bore axis is needed on all guns instead of actually just being a compromise needed to drive the adoption of light polymer framed pistols in the era of heavier metal framed guns.

Now that polymer framed pistols are an accepted standard, other poly gun makers don't need to force that degree of compromise and can use the more tradional grip angle.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

I had seen this article on another forum awhile back that tries to explain some of this.
    So in looking at this, the difference in bore axis between a 1911 and a P226 (which I assume is the same as a P229) is a whole 6 hundredths of an inch? :lmfao:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    P322 cleaning cheat I discovered. Apologies if posted elsewhere, I'm sure someone already figured this out.

The hammer protrudes just enough in the cocked position to obscure the path of a cleaning rod down the barrel. A small zip tie strategically placed keeps the hammer out of the way. I push down on the hammer, and tighten the zip tie.

20221124_121929.jpg

20221124_121945.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My P229 .357 Sig DAK had a light primer strike malfunction on 3 rounds when I let somebody else shoot a magazine load through it on Thanksgiving.
    Am open to suggestions as to what caused it.

This pistol has always functioned FLAWLESSLY for me.

Yet when this other guy shot it, he had 3 rounds that failed to fire with light primer strikes.

He even tried pulling the trigger multiple times on each of these rounds and they didn't fire.
    He also NOT a novice when it come to shooting.

I put these same rounds back in the magazine and they all fired fine for me.

YESTERDAY, I removed the firing pin and spring, and checked the firing pin channel for any gunk or buildup.
    I wiped some Breakfree in it, and when I wiped it back out I just got a minute amount of carbon.

Any ideas? Mainspring?

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    My P229 .357 Sig DAK had a light primer strike malfunction on 3 rounds when I let somebody else shoot a magazine load through it on Thanksgiving.
    Am open to suggestions as to what caused it.

This pistol has always functioned FLAWLESSLY for me.

Yet when this other guy shot it, he had 3 rounds that failed to fire with light primer strikes.

He even tried pulling the trigger multiple times on each of these rounds and they didn't fire.
    He also NOT a novice when it come to shooting.

I put these same rounds back in the magazine and they all fired fine for me.

YESTERDAY, I removed the firing pin and spring, and checked the firing pin channel for any gunk or buildup.
    I wiped some Breakfree in it, and when I wiped it back out I just got a minute amount of carbon.

Any ideas? Mainspring?
    Too light of a grip?

Top Bottom