• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I’m not seeing any upside here, just lies and hypocrisy from the manufacturer and supporters…
    I'm talking as a consumer considering the lease or purchase of a vehicle for personal use.

You can continue to waste your time looking for truth, justice and the American way in politics and corporations.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The people I know that have or support EV's talk like you get charging for free. Even when telling me how easy it is to find charging stations on the road they never mention the cost. They are climate hero's in their minds. :nuts:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m not seeing any upside here, just lies and hypocrisy from the manufacturer and supporters…
    This is one of those things where the market will and should decide what it wants. If people want a primarily electric vehicle, but they’re dubious about the range, they might think adding a gas range extender would close the gap. Not everyone who is skeptical of electric vehicles hate them for ideological reasons.

I like the technology. I think it’s cool. Too many downsides for me to have seriously considered buying one. Range is just one of many reasons I didn’t buy one. But ideology isn’t on the list.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is one of those things where the market will and should decide what it wants... …Not everyone who is skeptical of electric vehicles hate them for ideological reasons.
    There it is, all susinct. The truth is the market is not deciding, man made warming is not a fact, thus folks are ideologically opposed, though the government is utilizing car companies to do that which would be unconstitutional if they did it themselves…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They tell us so at Davos and other times, but the sheeple snug in their normalcy bias do not believe them…

I don't understand people. The Resident in Chief is purposefully making our country dependent on foreign powers, the idiots at Davos are outright saying what their plan is for us in the future, with laws being passed accordingly, we're being told to take shots to keep our jobs, which aren't properly tested, lied to about their efficacy, our rights are being removed or constrained left and right and the Leftist DA's and other politicians are keeping criminals on the streets. Add to that our country has a huge, brightly lit Vacancy sign for all the third world countries to send us their people illegally, who will soak up benefits due to the corruption of our "leaders", but people think that things are just fine... :nuts:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't understand people. The Resident in Chief is purposefully making our country dependent on foreign powers, the idiots at Davos are outright saying what their plan is for us in the future, with laws being passed accordingly, we're being told to take shots to keep our jobs, which aren't properly tested, lied to about their efficacy, our rights are being removed or constrained left and right and the Leftist DA's and other politicians are keeping criminals on the streets. Add to that our country has a huge, brightly lit Vacancy sign for all the third world countries to send us their people illegally, who will soak up benefits due to the corruption of our "leaders", but people think that things are just fine... :nuts:
    The thinking of most people is less than that of a trained seal…

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

“In Q4 2022, typical mid-priced ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) car drivers paid about $11.29 to fuel their vehicles for 100 miles of driving. That cost was around $0.31 cheaper than the amount paid by mid-priced EV drivers charging mostly at home, and over $3 less than the cost borne by comparable EV drivers charging commercially,” Anderson Economic Group (AEG)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

“In Q4 2022, typical mid-priced ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) car drivers paid about $11.29 to fuel their vehicles for 100 miles of driving. That cost was around $0.31 cheaper than the amount paid by mid-priced EV drivers charging mostly at home, and over $3 less than the cost borne by comparable EV drivers charging commercially,” Anderson Economic Group (AEG)
    This can not be. It cost $ to run an EV?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This can not be. It cost $ to run an EV?
    The insurance alone is 50% more than a similar gas powered vehicle.

If you want to really raise your premium make sure to include insurance that covers the battery(full replacement if you are looking for serious pain). Most full coverage "gas" vehicle insurance covers any drive train cost repairs from an accident. Not with electrics though,most policies exclude battery replacement and unless you catch it that cost will be yours,even from an accident.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There it is, all susinct. The truth is the market is not deciding, man made warming is not a fact, thus folks are ideologically opposed, though the government is utilizing car companies to do that which would be unconstitutional if they did it themselves…
    Not everyone who wants an electric car or even likes them thinks about the environment. I think they’re cool. I don’t really give a **** about global warming.

This kinda confirms the source of people’s angst over EV’s. You guys act as if you think their availability at all is about nothing but global warming.

It is that at least a little. The green industrial complex is a huge industry. The market has not grown the sales organically. It was helped by government subsidies. I much prefer that EV’s would be market driven.

But. It is at least a little market driven. I think that market would be much smaller without government help. But you’re not making greater good arguments in this thread, are you. There are many more reasons to want an electric car than delusions of saving the planet.

I think they’re cool. I don’t own one only because they’re impractical for me. Right now. If I didn’t care about range, time to charge, availability of charge, cost of charging, battery life, impact on the power grid, mining battery material, and all that stuff, I would probably have bought one. Because they’re cool.

Top Bottom