• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

In the Houston area, the muddled flight from the city killed almost as many people as Rita did. an estimated 2.5 million people hit the road ahead of the storm’s arrival, creating some of the most insane gridlock in U.S. history. More than 100 evacuees died in the exodus. Drivers waited in traffic for 20-plus hours, and heat stroke impaired or killed dozens. Fights broke out on the highway. A bus carrying nursing home evacuees caught fire, and 24 died.

Good thing the cars all ran on gasoline.

:):

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

In the Houston area, the muddled flight from the city killed almost as many people as Rita did. an estimated 2.5 million people hit the road ahead of the storm’s arrival, creating some of the most insane gridlock in U.S. history. More than 100 evacuees died in the exodus. Drivers waited in traffic for 20-plus hours, and heat stroke impaired or killed dozens. Fights broke out on the highway. A bus carrying nursing home evacuees caught fire, and 24 died.

Welcome from 2005 my time traveling friend. I hope you enjoyed the trip :D

The promised peril from the Category 5 storm never materialized. Rita weakened to Category 3 before coming ashore in East Texas (much further east than predicted) on Sept. 24, 2005.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    EVs obviously are not perfect, but you guys are so against them politically that you try to make everything some big gotcha where they are concerned.
    Gas cars are obviously not perfect but you people are so politically against them that you try to make everything sone big gotcha where they are concerned.

It goes both ways. Here. Electric cars aren’t the panacea we are being sold. There’s isn’t a single source solution to the worlds needs. Period. The sooner sone morons get that through their thick skulls the sooner we can go about providing actual solutions and not sone hype driven ******** that makes a select few money.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Gas cars are obviously not perfect but you people are so politically against them that you try to make everything sone big gotcha where they are concerned.

It goes both ways. Here. Electric cars aren’t the panacea we are being sold. There’s isn’t a single source solution to the worlds needs. Period. The sooner sone morons get that through their thick skulls the sooner we can go about providing actual solutions and not sone hype driven ******** that makes a select few money.
    As CM would say, BINGO!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Welcome from 2005 my time traveling friend. I hope you enjoyed the trip :D

The promised peril from the Category 5 storm never materialized. Rita weakened to Category 3 before coming ashore in East Texas (much further east than predicted) on Sept. 24, 2005.
    The point is not the hurricane, or when it happened. This is the EV thread, not the hurricane thread. The point is that the chaos of a mass evacuation makes vehicle propulsion methods irrelevant.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Who here is saying anything about how bad gas cars are? I just point out that a lot of the stuff people want to complain about electric cars is not what they make it out to be. It is mostly just bias against the idea in general.

I don't agree with any of the attempts to mandate them or to force the end of use of ICE vehicles. That is a disaster in the making.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Who here is saying anything about how bad gas cars are? I just point out that a lot of the stuff people want to complain about electric cars is not what they make it out to be. It is mostly just bias against the idea in general.

I don't agree with any of the attempts to mandate them or to force the end of use of ICE vehicles. That is a disaster in the making.
    I took your quote and turned it around. Sone people are so “all in” on ev that they are doing exactly what you complain of others doing about ev.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I took your quote and turned it around. Sone people are so “all in” on ev that they are doing exactly what you complain of others doing about ev.
    I wasn't replying to those people, so I am not sure how that was relevant. No one here fits that bill either, as far as I know.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Didn't AAA just come give them all more gas?

In fairness, Houston traffic SUCKS even when it's normal. I have never seen a more congested interstate at off hours. I've read that Houston grew much more rapidly than the infrastructure could support, and it shows. Like Indianapolis traffic transported to Greenwood roads, but rush hour lasts from 0400 to 0345 the next day...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just point out that a lot of the stuff people want to complain about electric cars is not what they make it out to be. It is mostly just bias against the idea in general.
    Do you equally point the same out to those that desire to take our ICE vehicles and their desires in general?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you equally point the same out to those that desire to take our ICE vehicles and their desires in general?
    I would if I knew anyone that did. I'm not going to go hunting for them in places that I don't frequent already.

I've considered getting an electric. I generally travel less than 30 miles round trip, and am intrigued by the performance. The Mach-E would be fit my needs well. If they had been available earlier this year I probably would have pulled the trigger on one. With prices going up like they have, that isn't likely now.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That “performance” only lasts for the first few percent of charge level. As it discharges the performance goes down.

ICE cars have the same performance until the tank is empty (or a little better as an empty tank is lighter).
    You have something to back that up? I've never heard that claim.

Top Bottom