Indiana
    Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    California is stupid, so everyone in the West needs to change things to accommodate California.
    Currently, California has excess electricity during late mornings and early afternoons thanks mainly to its solar capacity.

The researchers suggest that if most EVs were charged during these times, then the cheap power would be used instead of being wasted. However, if most EVs continue to charge at night, then the state will need to build more generators, likely powered by natural gas, or invest in expensive energy storage on a large scale. Electricity going first to a huge battery and then to an EV battery loses power from the extra stop.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Welp. That does it. Californians will just have to be nocturnal. Gotta save the planet and ****.
    No no. They have to use electricity in the evening and early morning when they actually have power of their own from solar. MIddle of the day they use too much and at night they have too little.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Still no desire for me. I don't understand how people who know how misrepresented these things are can even think about buying electric. My values don't allow me to even think about it.
    Misrepresented? My car is every bit as fast as advertised. Push the gas and the thing just leaps forward. It is a blast to drive.

My values make me buy the vehicle that best fills the roles I want in a vehicle. This time is was electric.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Misrepresented? My car is every bit as fast as advertised. Push the gas and the thing just leaps forward. It is a blast to drive.

My values make me buy the vehicle that best fills the roles I want in a vehicle. This time is was electric.

Tell me again how it's saving the environment. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Buying an electric car is damaging to our country because it's providing support for China, who is the largest/only provider of the rare earth minerals needed. We don't have the infrastructure for increasing support for more of them on the road and if we do increase the support at the time when gas/coal/natural gas is decreasing, we're harming our energy security. But yeah, go ahead and buy an electric car because they're "cool".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    High cost is definitely an issue with electric cars when compared to the market in general. You are getting into low end luxury car prices to get the decent ones.

Range is still going to be an issue if you like to drive long trips. Having to stop for a half hour every 200-250 miles is not going to be something a lot of people want to do. Hell, I would have to stop about every 150 miles in mine. I don't go anywhere far anymore though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Tell me again how it's saving the environment. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    Who gives a :poop: ? That had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to buy one, nor I imagine to many people's decisions.

Buying an electric car is damaging to our country because it's providing support for China, who is the largest/only provider of the rare earth minerals needed. We don't have the infrastructure for increasing support for more of them on the road and if we do increase the support at the time when gas/coal/natural gas is decreasing, we're harming our energy security. But yeah, go ahead and buy an electric car because they're "cool".
    :rofl:
    You think electric cars are what is providing support to China? Do you check every product you buy to see if it was made in China or parts were made in China? I doubt EVs are more than a drop in the bucket.

You have a bunch of faux outrage here. Sounds much more like politics than anything. Ds are pushing them, so obviously you hate them.

Top Bottom