• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

First, critical race Theory is centrally concerned with power, which it holds in higher regard than truth (indeed, it holds the postmodernist position that claims to truth are assertions of power by specific means). Second, it distinguishes itself from “traditional” civil rights and instead favors identity politics (in the radical sense). Third, it is not interested in progress but revolution. Fourth, it calls into question “the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.” That positions critical race Theory as explicitly anti-Western and, in the narrower context in which it arose and mostly applies, anti-American. Critical race Theory favors equity over equality, where equity specifically refers to a particular understanding of social equity theory and not a more generalist notion of fairness. Indeed, it explicitly characterizes the idea of (racial) equality as a kind of conspiracy theory that leads people, especially people of color (double especially BIPOC), to accept the status quo and their systemically oppressed state of affairs (see also, internalized dominance, internalized oppression, and internalized racism, i.e., false consciousness).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It seems like no one really knows exactly what CRT is, but if you're looking for it, you'll see it everywhere you want to see it.

Some people want to be outraged, and some people's livelihood depends on that outrage, and CRT is the current cause célèbre.
    Unh hunh. You right

Conceptual_diagram_of_political_triangulation.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Barack Obama really had his opportunities limited. Raised by white grandparents and given paid education his entire life. This could only happen is a systemic racist country.
    Cherry picking, FTW.

And did you really mean to imply that his white Grandparents and money was the reason for his success?

The reason white privilege is a thing is because a high percentage of young white males are not violent toward the rest of society. POC could enjoy the same benefits if they could control themselves

:wow:

You have just illustrated "systematic racism" better I could hope describe it. What better way to impede someone's progress in life than to simply assume that they are a violent individual because of the color of their skin?

Now, it could be argued that "that system" is "their own doing", but regardless of how it came about, it's a system that impedes black males in America.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The other side says I'm a Marxist setting up re-education camps if I say that there are systems in place that limits a black person's opportunities.
    What are those systems? Can you expound on that? What I see in this country is people having the opportunity to succeed, more than in any other country, regardless of race, religion, sex, place of birth, etc.

CRT is teaching concepts such as anti-racism, which is nothing but garbage. Teaching that being white equals being an oppressor, which is also garbage. The Left is changing definitions of such universal terms like racism, to exclude that one particular race can even be accused of it, which is garbage. Racism is any member of any race treating anyone badly due to race. Blacks absolutely can be racist. So can Whites, Native Americans, Hispanics and Asians. Trying to hold everyone accountable but one specific race is absolutely absurd.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yeah , true CRT, maybe. But apart from academics who the heck can even fully understand it? It's a terrible complex amount of psychobabble.

The problem as I see it is that everyone is simply being told that's CRT! And the pitchfork come out.

1 CRT is evil
    2 that right over there is CRT
    3 that must be stopped

The problem is step #2.

The fact is real CRT teaching is few and far between. Yet we're being told it's everywhere if we just look hard enough. (See post #187). It the Red Scare all over again.

The left certainly has their problems, too - They work so hard on not being racist, that they actually become racist. (Even NPR has to acknowledge it)

Nevertheless, I've yet to hear one honest to God CRT sermon coming from an SBC church, but yet people think that's a bigger issue than covering up the sexual abuse going on.

I have heard plenty of sermons that point out injustices that were labelled as some as CRT.

Yes, CRT is messed up and has Marxist leanings, but not every discussion about race or critical view about America's past is CRT.

That's my issue: stop calling every racial discussion CRT and trying to silence it.

The left calls everything racist, the right calls everything racist. Both of you, just stop it.
    You seem intent on deflecting and I'm not sure why. Why do you keep bringing up sermons? No one that I know of has been talking about this in churches, at least not to a large degree, but that's what you seem to be trying to wind us around the axles on. And it doesn't have Marxist leanings, it's purely Marxist in its goals and intent.

This purely racist rot is becoming endemic in the educational system, secondary and now primary, media, politics. It's not a racial discussion. It's elevated race and racism as the preeminent issue, leveraging past injustices in an effort to subjugate a majority by assigning the guilt of perpetuators long gone to living people based purely on the commonality of their melanin content.

Stop triangulating every ****ing position.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indeed.

But I don't think that acknowledging that it more difficult for one race to succeed than another is promoting a victimhood mentality.

I think it's only fair and honest to tell someone you're going to have work harder.

Which brings up another problem - no one wants to tell anyone to work hard and no one wants to work hard themselves.

Edit: 4, 5, 6 generations ago? Are we still pretending that equality was magically achieved when the Cosby Show first aired?

There's plenty of plenty of living folks that had to get their food from the back door of restaurants, needed a special guide to go in vacation to know which towns they could spend the night, and marched in Selma.
    I'm confused, which race finds it more difficult to succeed?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The psychobabble is spot on. I read multiple definitions of CRT in an attempt to understand and simply could not find a simple answer. I finally found one that described it as the belief that some systems/laws/procedures are set up in such a way that it negatively impacts minorities. Ok, that may be. What I can’t seem to find are some solid examples of this claim. I don’t doubt the claim, I’m just trying to understand it in terms of how this bias manifests itself. Individuals being racist? I believe that.
    That's like searching for meaning in a giant pile of horse ****. The sooner you realize it's horse ****, the sooner you can stop wasting your time looking for meaning.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Cherry picking, FTW.

And did you really mean to imply that his white Grandparents and money was the reason for his success?

You have just illustrated "systematic racism" better I could hope describe it. What better way to impede someone's progress in life than to simply assume that they are a violent individual because of the color of their skin?

Now, it could be argued that "that system" is "their own doing", but regardless of how it came about, it's a system that impedes black males in America.
    But it is not because the color of the skin. It is because the destruction of the family that the welfare programs have produced. They must be OK with is as they overwhelming vote for more. It is not racist to point out the predators in society nor to adjust behavior to reduce becoming a victim. Racism would be stating is is because of their color they can't help it. Of course, you probably have a different definition of racism , so you can feel superior.
    There is no systemic racism in Merica

You said white grandparents were his super power. It was a somewhat intact family structure provided by the grandparents, as the parents could not be bothered. Just define systemic racism as the break down of the family that overwhelmingly affects populations based on DEMOCRAT social engineering via government handouts. The undisciplined violence is just a happy by-product.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems like no one really knows exactly what CRT is, but if you're looking for it, you'll see it everywhere you want to see it.

Some people want to be outraged, and some people's livelihood depends on that outrage, and CRT is the current cause célèbre.
    This is one of the least informed posts on INGO. That’s saying a lot. If you want to know what CRT is. Read their books. Not some critic’s book. Read there’s. If you want I can provide a reading list, but actually, the video above gave a pretty good starting list. CRT is not simply talking about race, as many of the proponents have claimed.

It’s just not the case that no one knows what it is. And sure, the people who don’t know what it is can just look anywhere and imagine they see it. But the opposite of that is also true. The people who don’t know what it is can not see it anywhere it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's very insightful.

Part of my view on the CRT controversy is related to the church. We now have the anti-woke thinking any sermon on race is some evil social justice that must be quashed. (This debate is huge in the SBC now)

Honestly, I just want to be able to talk openly. But there's people on both sides wanting to be outraged and limiting what can be said.

One side is saying I'm literally raping them if I don't use their preferred pronouns.

The other side says I'm a Marxist setting up re-education camps if I say that there are systems in place that limits a black person's opportunities.

They're both yelling, they're both trying to enact laws, they're both wanting to muzzle teachers, they're both telling pastors what they can't from the pulpits.
    Now this is a sentiment that I don’t disagree with. To recognize it, people have to know what it is and what it isn’t.

A Republican won VA because of it. A man who was arrested for getting angry with the school board because they tried to cover up a tranny raping his daughter, probably sent fear out into the community. Then they hear about CRT and wokeness, they equate the two.

CRT is an evil. It does need to be publicly thrashed in the town square lime all bad ideas. But you have to know what it is and what it isn’t first.

Read their books. They’re dry. And often enraging. And just plain difficult to understand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

First, critical race Theory is centrally concerned with power, which it holds in higher regard than truth (indeed, it holds the postmodernist position that claims to truth are assertions of power by specific means). Second, it distinguishes itself from “traditional” civil rights and instead favors identity politics (in the radical sense). Third, it is not interested in progress but revolution. Fourth, it calls into question “the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.” That positions critical race Theory as explicitly anti-Western and, in the narrower context in which it arose and mostly applies, anti-American. Critical race Theory favors equity over equality, where equity specifically refers to a particular understanding of social equity theory and not a more generalist notion of fairness. Indeed, it explicitly characterizes the idea of (racial) equality as a kind of conspiracy theory that leads people, especially people of color (double especially BIPOC), to accept the status quo and their systemically oppressed state of affairs (see also, internalized dominance, internalized oppression, and internalized racism, i.e., false consciousness).
    New Discourses is a good reference site. It’s definitely biased against, but James Lindsey does a good job of telling you where his biases are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah , true CRT, maybe. But apart from academics who the heck can even fully understand it? It's a terrible complex amount of psychobabble.

The problem as I see it is that everyone is simply being told that's CRT! And the pitchfork come out.

1 CRT is evil
    2 that right over there is CRT
    3 that must be stopped

The problem is step #2.

The fact is real CRT teaching is few and far between. Yet we're being told it's everywhere if we just look hard enough. (See post #187). It the Red Scare all over again.

The left certainly has their problems, too - They work so hard on not being racist, that they actually become racist. (Even NPR has to acknowledge it)

Nevertheless, I've yet to hear one honest to God CRT sermon coming from an SBC church, but yet people think that's a bigger issue than covering up the sexual abuse going on.

I have heard plenty of sermons that point out injustices that were labelled as some as CRT.

Yes, CRT is messed up and has Marxist leanings, but not every discussion about race or critical view about America's past is CRT.

That's my issue: stop calling every racial discussion CRT and trying to silence it.

The left calls everything racist, the right calls everything racist. Both of you, just stop it.
    If a racial discussion occurs that uses the CRT buzzwords, it’s not an honest conversation about race. That’s a good rule of thumb.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cherry picking, FTW.

“Systemic racism” I don’t think you know what that is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You seem intent on deflecting and I'm not sure why. Why do you keep bringing up sermons? No one that I know of has been talking about this in churches, at least not to a large degree, but that's what you seem to be trying to wind us around the axles on. And it doesn't have Marxist leanings, it's purely Marxist in its goals and intent.

This purely racist rot is becoming endemic in the educational system, secondary and now primary, media, politics. It's not a racial discussion. It's elevated race and racism as the preeminent issue, leveraging past injustices in an effort to subjugate a majority by assigning the guilt of perpetuators long gone to living people based purely on the commonality of their melanin content.

Stop triangulating every ****ing position.
    If he’s a Southern Baptist I can see why it’s an issue. They had this **** written into their bylaws or whatever their denomination calls it. Diversity. Inclusion. Equity. That’s the holy trinity of CRT.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Those are all just buzzwords; diversity, inclusion, equity. They are garbage which has never been proven as effective or helpful in regards to the workplace. Thomas Sowell has a great video where he talks about diversity and what a scam it is. There is no inherent benefit to having a diverse workforce. You can have a team of all women of one color, or men of one color, who are perfectly effective at their jobs. You do not need one of each race/sexual orientation in order for the workplace to be effective. That is nothing but fairy dust the Left is trying to sprinkle to cause division. Why do I even need to know the sexual orientation of someone I work with? I don't. It adds absolutely nothing to a work relationship. Do I need to know someone else's struggles or desires to effectively work with them? Nope. Absolute Leftist :poop:, same as equity and inclusion.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Focusing on the color of someone's skin as the reason for their success or lack thereof in this country is complete and utter ********. We've had a person of color in the white house for ****'s sake, that doesn't happen when there's systemic racism. (Racism is so rampant he used his 8 years in office to do nothing other than stoke the flames)

The problem facing the black community in this country is not the color of their skin, it is prejudice against a culture that other races have no desire to mingle with. The democrats helped create it, the media has ensured that almost all blacks are automatically associated with it and both have absolutely helped ensure its survival. There is no place on earth where a black person has better opportunities to succeed than in this country. The fact that our system of laws and governance is not wrapped around that subculture is not the problem of the vast majority of the people who don't conform to it.

There are millions of successful black Americans in this country, I've worked along side many of them my entire adult life. They are no different than successful whites in that they must make decisions on how they behave and how they treat other people and if they make the right decisions they face no more struggles than whites in the workplace. In fact, their path to success is made easier in many instances via Equal Opportunity policies, quotas and the like.

There are just as many poor, unemployable or unwilling to work whites in this country as there are blacks. The difference is they don't have someone pissing in their ears about how unfair they're being treated due to something as meaningless as the color of their skin.

You want to succeed in this country? Act appropriately. Things like honesty, responsibility, accountability, respect, pride in your appearance and effort will get you there regardless of the color of your skin. If someone wants to disregard all of those things then **** and moan because their life is hard that is on them. If a black person wants to adhere to those traditional values their path to success is undoubtedly as easy, if not easier than a white's. There are trailer parks and ****** neighborhoods full of white's in this country who find themselves in the exact same circumstances as the poor blacks, the decision to remain in those circumstances is their own, no one is making that decision for them, at least once their old enough to control their own behavior. Unfortunately the predators convince them otherwise so we have a significant population which believes they don't stand a chance.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Focusing on the color of someone's skin as the reason for their success or lack thereof in this country is complete and utter ********. We've had a person of color in the white house for ****'s sake, that doesn't happen when there's systemic racism. (Racism is so rampant he used his 8 years in office to do nothing other than stoke the flames)

The problem facing the black community in this country is not the color of their skin, it is prejudice against a culture that other races have no desire to mingle with. The democrats helped create it, the media has ensured that almost all blacks are automatically associated with it and both have absolutely helped ensure its survival. There is no place on earth where a black person has better opportunities to succeed than in this country. The fact that our system of laws and governance is not wrapped around that subculture is not the problem of the vast majority of the people who don't conform to it.

There are millions of successful black Americans in this country, I've worked along side many of them my entire adult life. They are no different than successful whites in that they must make decisions on how they behave and how they treat other people and if they make the right decisions they face no more struggles than whites in the workplace. In fact, their path to success is made easier in many instances via Equal Opportunity policies, quotas and the like.

There are just as many poor, unemployable or unwilling to work whites in this country as there are blacks. The difference is they don't have someone pissing in their ears about how unfair they're being treated due to something as meaningless as the color of their skin.

You want to succeed in this country? Act appropriately. Things like honesty, responsibility, accountability, respect, pride in your appearance and effort will get you there regardless of the color of your skin. If someone wants to disregard all of those things then **** and moan because their life is hard that is on them. If a black person wants to adhere to those traditional values their path to success is undoubtedly as easy, if not easier than a white's. There are trailer parks and ****** neighborhoods full of white's in this country who find themselves in the exact same circumstances as the poor blacks, the decision to remain in those circumstances is their own, no one is making that decision for them, at least once their old enough to control their own behavior. Unfortunately the predators convince them otherwise so we have a significant population which believes they don't stand a chance.
    We need a super like button.

Top Bottom