• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It might help if we could get everybody to call CRT for what it is: "Critically Racist Theory".
    Likewise, putting racism in perspective as a subset of bigotry would deflate that agenda. People divide themselves up over all kinds of things from tribe, language, religion, race, to politics and social class. I'm sure that list is incomplete. Lot's to choose from at the "hater's smorgasboard".

Yeah, I know that racism was the primary form of bigotry that was institutionalized in the US, and was use to create a "slave caste". I'm old enough to remember jim-crow and that we've had 50 years of "affirmative action". This country isn't the same as it was 25 years ago, let alone 50, 75, or 200 years ago.

Perspective isn't about forgetting the past, but about distinguishing it from the present

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It seems like no one really knows exactly what CRT is, but if you're looking for it, you'll see it everywhere you want to see it.

Some people want to be outraged, and some people's livelihood depends on that outrage, and CRT is the current cause célèbre.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    It seems like no one really knows exactly what CRT is, but if you're looking for it, you'll see it everywhere you want to see it.

Some people want to be outraged, and some people's livelihood depends on that outrage, and CRT is the current cause célèbre.
    Well this is just not true.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

CRT is teaching racism, plain and simple. We don't make up for racism in the past by allowing more of it currently and in the future.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well this is just not true.
    That's very insightful.

Part of my view on the CRT controversy is related to the church. We now have the anti-woke thinking any sermon on race is some evil social justice that must be quashed. (This debate is huge in the SBC now)

Honestly, I just want to be able to talk openly. But there's people on both sides wanting to be outraged and limiting what can be said.

One side is saying I'm literally raping them if I don't use their preferred pronouns.

The other side says I'm a Marxist setting up re-education camps if I say that there are systems in place that limits a black person's opportunities.

They're both yelling, they're both trying to enact laws, they're both wanting to muzzle teachers, they're both telling pastors what they can't from the pulpits.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    That's very insightful.

Part of my view on the CRT controversy is related to the church. We now have the anti-woke thinking any sermon on race is some evil social justice that must be quashed. (This debate is huge in the SBC now)

Honestly, I just want to be able to talk openly. But there's people on both sides wanting to be outraged and limiting what can be said.

One side is saying I'm literally raping them if I don't use their preferred pronouns.

The other side says I'm a Marxist setting up re-education camps if I say that there are systems in place that limits a black person's opportunities.

They're both yelling, they're both trying to enact laws, they're both wanting to muzzle teachers, they're both telling pastors what they can't from the pulpits.
    I think part of your problem is your insistence on planting yourself squarely "in the middle" of every controversial ideological discussion even though it's not always warranted by the facts. CRT is just another rebranding of the same Alinskyite tactics the hard left commies use to undermine the social and political orders in free western democratic countries. I don't know how anyone with even a modicum of critical thinking skill could read or listen to the words those espousing this filth write or speak without arriving at the conclusion that the objective is the destruction of national pride and values in western culture by denigrating people and ideas so foundational to what has made it great. No man or institution is perfect, but destroying an entire political ideology and culture that has created the greatest opportunities for the largest number of people in perhaps the entirety of human history because of a singular fault is laughable if the ramifications weren't so serious. Baby\bathwater, mote\ beam, there's a reason these idioms are repeated so frequently. I'd think one of your professed intellect would be able to see it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think part of your problem is your insistence on planting yourself squarely "in the middle" of every controversial ideological discussion even though it's not always warranted by the facts. CRT is just another rebranding of the same Alinskyite tactics the hard left commies use to undermine the social and political orders in free western democratic countries. I don't know how anyone with even a modicum of critical thinking skill could read or listen to the words those espousing this filth write or speak without arriving at the conclusion that the objective is the destruction of national pride and values in western culture by denigrating people and ideas so foundational to what has made it great. No man or institution is perfect, but destroying an entire political ideology and culture that has created the greatest opportunities for the largest number of people in perhaps the entirety of human history because of a singular fault is laughable if the ramifications weren't so serious. Baby\bathwater, mote\ beam, there's a reason these idioms are repeated so frequently. I'd think one of your professed intellect would be able to see it.
    Yeah , true CRT, maybe. But apart from academics who the heck can even fully understand it? It's a terrible complex amount of psychobabble.

The problem as I see it is that everyone is simply being told that's CRT! And the pitchfork come out.

1 CRT is evil
    2 that right over there is CRT
    3 that must be stopped

The problem is step #2.

The fact is real CRT teaching is few and far between. Yet we're being told it's everywhere if we just look hard enough. (See post #187). It the Red Scare all over again.

The left certainly has their problems, too - They work so hard on not being racist, that they actually become racist. (Even NPR has to acknowledge it)

Nevertheless, I've yet to hear one honest to God CRT sermon coming from an SBC church, but yet people think that's a bigger issue than covering up the sexual abuse going on.

I have heard plenty of sermons that point out injustices that were labelled as some as CRT.

Yes, CRT is messed up and has Marxist leanings, but not every discussion about race or critical view about America's past is CRT.

That's my issue: stop calling every racial discussion CRT and trying to silence it.

The left calls everything racist, the right calls everything racist. Both of you, just stop it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah , true CRT, maybe. But apart from academics who the heck can even fully understand it? It's a terrible complex amount of psychobabble.

The problem as I see it is that everyone is simply being told that's CRT! And the pitchfork come out.

1 CRT is evil
    3 that must be stopped

The problem is step #2.

The fact is real CRT teaching is few and far between. Yet we're being told it's everywhere if we just look hard enough. (See post #187). It the Red Scare all over again.

The left certainly has their problems, too - They work so hard on not being racist, that they actually become racist. (Even NPR has to acknowledge it)

Nevertheless, I've yet to hear one honest to God CRT sermon coming from an SBC church, but yet people think that's a bigger issue than covering up the sexual abuse going on.

I have heard plenty of sermons that point out injustices that were labelled as some as CRT.

Yes, CRT is messed up and has Marxist leanings, but not every discussion about race or critical view about America's past is CRT.

That's my issue: stop calling every racial discussion CRT and trying to silence it.

The left calls everything racist, the right calls everything racist. Both of you, just stop it.
    I think anything that fosters a victimhood mentality (which CRT surely does) should never be allowed to flourish, and certainly should never be taught to children. Teaching them that they can't excel at whatever they put their minds to because of something that happened 4, 5 or 6 generations ago is just wrong. How about we just stop doing that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think anything that fosters a victimhood mentality (which CRT surely does) should never be allowed to flourish, and certainly should never be taught to children. Teaching them that they can't excel at whatever they put their minds to because of something that happened 4, 5 or 6 generations ago is just wrong. How about we just stop doing that?
    Indeed.

But I don't think that acknowledging that it more difficult for one race to succeed than another is promoting a victimhood mentality.

I think it's only fair and honest to tell someone you're going to have work harder.

Which brings up another problem - no one wants to tell anyone to work hard and no one wants to work hard themselves.

Edit: 4, 5, 6 generations ago? Are we still pretending that equality was magically achieved when the Cosby Show first aired?

There's plenty of plenty of living folks that had to get their food from the back door of restaurants, needed a special guide to go in vacation to know which towns they could spend the night, and marched in Selma.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

1 CRT is evil
    3 that must be stopped

The problem is step #2.

The psychobabble is spot on. I read multiple definitions of CRT in an attempt to understand and simply could not find a simple answer. I finally found one that described it as the belief that some systems/laws/procedures are set up in such a way that it negatively impacts minorities. Ok, that may be. What I can’t seem to find are some solid examples of this claim. I don’t doubt the claim, I’m just trying to understand it in terms of how this bias manifests itself. Individuals being racist? I believe that.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Barack Obama really had his opportunities limited. Raised by white grandparents and given paid education his entire life. This could only happen is a systemic racist country. The reason white privilege is a thing is because a high percentage of young white males are not violent toward the rest of society. POC could enjoy the same benefits if they could control themselves

Top Bottom