• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Be careful of off brand lids. I bought 100 no name lids last year. So far three have lost their seal. The ball lids I used at the same time are fine. Neighbors had the same problem.

If rd has name brand lids closed out I should get some also because I’m throwing the no names away so I’m not tempted to use them.
    Absolutely we only use the Ball lids as well.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Be careful of off brand lids. I bought 100 no name lids last year. So far three have lost their seal. The ball lids I used at the same time are fine. Neighbors had the same problem.

If RK has name brand lids closed out I should get some also because I’m throwing the no names away so I’m not tempted to use them.
    3 out of 100

^^^^^^^^^^

LOOK UP THERE # 24

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought a 100 no name lids from Amazon a few years back. Then I seen the warnings. :ugh:

While they are noticably flimsy, compared to Ball, these are not unusable. A wrinkle on occasion, but I have not had any lose seal in storage. Not any more failure to seal initially than name brands.

To qualify, I have not done cases and cases of salsa with these, only a couple to test. I still have remaining ball lids.

At least in my situation the cheap lids are an OK backup to have on hand. If I had to can freezers worth of meat in a long term power outage or can a lot more than I do I'd certainly want name brand. If you don't have a reasononable choice though???

To qualify further, I'm one of the weirdos who is not shy about reusing name brand lids, sometimes even more than once... :nailbite:

Reactions: Mij

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Speaking of My Patriot Suppy....

For those of us that don't have the source for canning vegetables, or a food dehydrator. We buy our preps ready made. I placed a couple of orders with My Patriot Supply, so now I'm on their mailing list. I get a new deal about every other week. Some are interesting, some are not. This week:

Fruit Case Pack 4-Box Kit (144 total servings, 18 pk.)​

349 reviews
    Your Price:
    $109.80 was $139.80
    You Save: $30.00 (21%)

1684159744062.png

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$8

I hope this is the right spot.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

GET 50% OFF WITH PROMO CODE: MOIST50
    SALE FROM 06.22 – 06.25.2023

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

$6.50 with code: BEATPRIME50
    I was about to buy a pile of these before realizing they are a knock off of the North American Rescue CAT tourniquet. There's a time and place to save money and I'm not betting on a knock off when it tourniquet time.

spfldbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    N FL
    Costco has had some Mountain House and Readywise stuff on sale lately. I don’t mind MH meals taste wise but even on sale it ain’t cheap,

Top Bottom