• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the link.

OK, wife ordered 4 taters, 1 butter, 1 peanut butter. She’s looking at milk but we don’t use much milk. If the taters are OK we’ll order more of them.

Thanks to you both for passing this on, I’ll let folks know if the taters are good. I’m gonna open one for a test. :thumbsup:
    If you have ever used the Hungry Jack(kroger,target,walmart ect) brand found in most stores they are pretty much the exact same thing. Rehydrate then sauté in butter. I have used those camping for a very long time. I would save your #10 cans and try cooking with those little containers.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    If you have ever used the Hungry Jack(kroger,target,walmart ect) brand found in most stores they are pretty much the exact same thing. Rehydrate then sauté in butter. I have used those camping for a very long time. I would save your #10 cans and try cooking with those little containers.
    Wouldn’t know for sure, wife makes some ag’rautin (sp) tatoes some times from a box that r pretty good. My only concern is shelf life, and of course calories. Thanks for the heads up.

Camping, if it ain’t venison or Irish stew in a cast iron Dutch oven over a camp fire I ain’t eaten it. Cat Fish is lunch, Coffee n homemade biscuits is before I get in the boat.

B n B, beer n bourbon, around the fire, is after the fish are cleaned.

[ I do know what you are saying, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t put my spin on it],

:thumbsup:…….:)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well apparently Prime delivered on Sunday. Got my shredded potatoes, butter and peanut butter today. Not disappointed but surprised the shelf life of the powdered butters is only 5 years. Shreads is 25 years. Decided not to open one, gonna use @smokingman ‘s suggestion and try one of the store bought brands. Will watch for the milk to go on sale, then order a couple of them.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    HUMANITARIAN DAILY RATION (TWO ENTREES)

$49.50 for 10

View attachment 338685
    A good price, but after basic UPS shipping on AIM, Amazon comes up a bit cheaper per unit for me (with Prime free shipping).

EDIT- double checked myself… must have fat fingered a number on the calculator. It actually works out to almost identical cost per.

I guess I shouldn’t do price comparisons when hungry.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    HUMANITARIAN DAILY RATION (TWO ENTREES)

$49.50 for 10

View attachment 338685

I started the above thread a while ago. I finally opened one. The cookies, crackers and peanut butter & jelly were good, on par or better than trad MREs. It even had commercial pop tarts - just a commercial two pack sealed in another pouch.

I have not tried the two entree dishes included. They are peas in tomato sauce and rice with veggies. I have heard they are a little plain and I think they would serve well as a base to add a little hunted protein to.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking at these meals as a way to add variety and supplement the stash with something that tastes different. Way back in the day I used to buy MRE entree's only back when that was a thing, now those are all expired or old enough that it's not much life insurance for the next 10 years.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County

I started the above thread a while ago. I finally opened one. The cookies, crackers and peanut butter & jelly were good, on par or better than trad MREs. It even had commercial pop tarts - just a commercial two pack sealed in another pouch.

I have not tried the two entree dishes included. They are peas in tomato sauce and rice with veggies. I have heard they are a little plain and I think they would serve well as a base to add a little hunted protein to.
    I agree with you, those entrees sound like a great way to change up the same old in the preps.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Great deal. I went to checkout with 3 of those cases and the shipping was $172. Maybe someone else will get better shipping, but for me I'll probably just buy more from AIM Surplus because they'll have it at my door in a day or two for much less $$$.

Top Bottom