Not open for further replies.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Interesting pics anc, what kind of bug is that

Its a wheel bug. It's a predatory insect that apparently kills harmful caterpillars and the like. Mostly harmless to humans until you mishandle them, and they give a nasty poke and inject you with saliva full of bacteria which is painful and gets infected.

I just took the picture and was careful not to upset it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Its a wheel bug. It's a predatory insect that apparently kills harmful caterpillars and the like. Mostly harmless to humans until you mishandle them, and they give a nasty poke and inject you with saliva full of bacteria which is painful and gets infected.

I just took the picture and was careful not to upset it.

I thought it might have been an Assassin Bug. I think they look similar.

1664312412478.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man, Susan's parents are right in the bullseye for Ian (Bradenton). Sounds like they'll be going to a shelter. They have to go to a "handicapped" shelter because of their age and because her mom uses a walker to get around.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I can't imagine it automatically being able to have the heat on in the morning and then a/c in the afternoon. i would go nuts.
    Normally a house won’t change temps that much in course of a day. But if it does what is the issue ? Would rather have heat or a/c kick in and keep temp in proper range than not.

We have whole house humidification, dehumidification, air purification, etc. We both have allergies. Our house is never really “open”, closed & all on auto. We love it, never touch the thermostat or other settings year round. If you want to do manually/seperately, heat only, cool only, all off, adjust different humidity, etc. you can but why ?Set everything at proper points and forget it. Not saying wrong to do it otherwise but we see no need/benefit.

To each their own. Ain’t America great ?!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Normally a house won’t change temps that much in course of a day. But if it does what is the issue ? Would rather have heat or a/c kick in and keep temp in proper range than not.

We have whole house humidification, dehumidification, air purification, etc. We both have allergies. Our house is never really “open”, closed & all on auto. We love it, never touch the thermostat or other settings year round. If you want to do manually/seperately, heat only, cool only, all off, adjust different humidity, etc. you can but why ?Set everything at proper points and forget it. Not saying wrong to do it otherwise but we see no need/benefit.

To each their own. Ain’t America great ?!
    Our house has that big of a swing. Tri level problems. Southern exposure and poor 70's insulation. The upstairs and downstairs can easily be 10° different

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our house has that big of a swing. Tri level problems. Southern exposure and poor 70's insulation. The upstairs and downstairs can easily be 10° different
    Ours is surprisingly efficient I think. Bedford stone over cinderblock exterior walls, one-story ranch, big picture window with a southern exposure (we do sometimes close the light blocking curtains when it's stupid hot out though). But I think the stone/cinderblock helps keep the temps fairly regulated in moderate temps at least.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom