Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Morning all. Hot one ahead today. More inside “work” today sitting @ desk/computer & maybe more cleaning in shop. BOD meeting this evening for Lake Association.

Weather girl this morning said possible .1” - .5” of rain POSSIBLE tomorrow. Weather app for my area yesterday said .05” possible Friday. Today it says .00 expected. Center pivots on the ag side and sprinklers on the residential side running every where. Lot of sick looking lawns and non-irrigated crops.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    People ask me if I worry about my son traveling all over the world. I worried more when he lived in Lafayette for school and in Indy when he was going to art school and working than I do since he left the states. In Lafayette he was working as a pizza delivery driver so that concerned me. In Indy, he lived in a pretty crappy neighborhood and often walked to work...including at night.
    My oldest son is a foreign service officer for the State Dept. Has spent roughly 2/3 of the last 20 years stationed in the arm pits of Central and South America. Scariest happenings were during 3 years in Bogota, Columbia back in early 2000’s. Bolivia & Venezuela also had some scary moments. Havana wasnt scary but had some “things” happen that spoke directly to Communist gov’t surveillance/control/abilities. As parents, we always worry about our kids...goes with the territory. But we have learned to accept it. They have to live their own lives and it is out of our control.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My oldest son is a foreign service officer for the State Dept. Has spent roughly 2/3 of the last 20 years stationed in the arm pits of Central and South America. Scariest happenings were during 3 years in Bogota, Columbia back in early 2000’s. Bolivia & Venezuela also had some scary moments. Havana wasnt scary but had some “things” happen that spoke directly to Communist gov’t surveillance/control/abilities. As parents, we always worry about our kids...goes with the territory. But we have learned to accept it. They have to live their own lives and it is out of our control.
    FSO... isn't that code for CIA :-)
    Was he in Havana when everyone ended up with hearing damage, headaches and such?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    FSO... isn't that code for CIA :-)
    Was he in Havana when everyone ended up with hearing damage, headaches and such?
    Cannot comment.

Yes that's when he was there. It was for Obummer's trip to open relations back up. He was experienced in dealing with presidential visits abroad so was pulled from another country and sent there with advance team. Did not suffer/experience health issues. But many stories of other happenings...such "private" conversations that had associated happenings afterwards that showed absolutely nothing and no place is private there.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Sorry guys, I deleted that last jumbled up nonsensical post. They called my name as I was writing it. lol
    Anyway, was at hospital getting INR bloodwork done. I do it every 2 weeks now (was every week). I think it then goes to every 2 months. So, we are trying to get a dosage figured out. This is second time the result was low (1.48). Not extremely far off, just a little (supposed to be between 2 & 3). Was alternating between whole pill and half pill. I bet she will tell me to take 2 whole pills on the weekend, then, alternate during the week.? We shall see. She will call any minute now. Had my cardio workout today as well (Planet Fitness is right down the road from IU West) so, that is convenient. I am lifting weights every other day, so, just cardio today (30 mins. on bike, 30 mins. on treadmill).

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Just realized my arthritis hasn't bothered me in at least 2 months. Hard to pin down reason, because, I have new heart valve, raised my testosterone, and lost 40 lbs. Oh also, haven't had a migraine headache in at least 3 months. YAY!

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Just realized my arthritis hasn't bothered me in at least 2 months. Hard to pin down reason, because, I have new heart valve, raised my testosterone, and lost 40 lbs. Oh also, haven't had a migraine headache in at least 3 months. YAY!
    You are doing very good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom