Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I don't want to jinx myself, but so far, the boys have been okay. I mean, they're 4 year old boys so there's that. :): But honestly, they've been easier than the oldest grandson and his cousins for sure. Hopefully things don't get worse and even more hopefully, things will continue to improve now that they're out of the chaotic situation from whence they came.

Their names are Bryden and Bryson. Bryden is really good. Bryson can be a handful and may be on the autism spectrum, but I'm not really seeing that. I just think they've gone so long without any real structure or discipline in their lives that they just haven't been taught how to behave. But they're learning. I think DoggyMama gave them a taste of how things would go back here when she was out there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks guys. Me too! I know there will be challenges, but I have to keep in mind that they're just kids and they're not responsible for how they've been raised up to this point.
    I know they "kind of" remember me from before going out to California, but I think they're still looking at me as an unknown at this point. I'm hoping I can use that to my advantage. :): I'm sort of looking at this as being like training a puppy. Positive reinforcement for good behavior is as important as negative reinforcement for bad behavior.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    so The window was open all day. No interest on the Kings part until I put the fan in it when I came to bed. Now he wants up there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Evening all. Had a nice day with my parents. I ended up cooking a batch of bluegill for them for supper. I had taken it to them a while ago and it was in their freezer. Thawed and cooked it and put it in the fridge so mom could pop it in the toaster oven to reheat for dinner. I figured that was a much better option than trying to microwave so I hope it was good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom