Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oops, got busy out on the deck. Tomatoes are sick. Yellow leaves with black spots. Happens almost every year. Ideas?
    Not for this year. Next year mulch under the plants to keep any splashing of water/mud back up on the plant. Some tomato varieties are also more disease resistant than others.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oops, got busy out on the deck. Tomatoes are sick. Yellow leaves with black spots. Happens almost every year. Ideas?
    For this year, trim off the yellow leaves and spray with a mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water at 1 part peroxide to 9 parts water ratio, then respray after it rains. When you water water underneath so it doesn't get the plant itself wet.

Next year mulch like Expat said and prune the lower foliage off. Look up a video on pruning tomatoes to get an idea. The disease is in the soil and it gets splashed up on the plant when it rains and when overhead watering.

is it in the ground or a pot?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dang. I think a spider got down my shirt somehow. My back started itching all over suddenly and these little welts came up. They look like mosquito bites but I know that's not what they are. DoggyMama sprayed me down with Bactine anti-itch spray and it's helped now. Weird!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For this year, trim off the yellow leaves and spray with a mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water at 1 part peroxide to 9 parts water ratio, then respray after it rains. When you water water underneath so it doesn't get the plant itself wet.

Next year mulch like Expat said and prune the lower foliage off. Look up a video on pruning tomatoes to get an idea. The disease is in the soil and it gets splashed up on the plant when it rains and when overhead watering.

is it in the ground or a pot?
    In a pot, already mulched since beginning of season. OK, will try all of this today. Thanks :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom