DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get it.
    At any rate, I've never had the little bitty thing that I'm referring to as the tenderloin. :): Are they similar to a beef tenderloin or a venison backstrap? They look to be all dark meat. I'm going to have to try one one of these days. To further muddy the waters, good ol' Indiana tenderloins (the sammich) are made from the pork loin! :lmfao:

Funny story. I worked for a small mom & pop restaurant in Lafayette, helping them open up. The owner had his own successful construction business, but knew absolutely nothing about the restaurant business. A couple of days before we were going to open, I was looking around in the walk-in cooler and saw all these beef tenderloins so I asked him if he wanted me to start cutting them into filets.

He got a puzzled look on his face and said, "No, those are for our tenderloin sandwiches!" I had to explain to him that he would have the most expensive "tenderloins" of any restaurant if he wanted to use those! :faint:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    At any rate, I've never had the little bitty thing that I'm referring to as the tenderloin. :): Are they similar to a beef tenderloin or a venison backstrap? They look to be all dark meat. I'm going to have to try one one of these days. To further muddy the waters, good ol' Indiana tenderloins (the sammich) are made from the pork loin! :lmfao:

Funny story. I worked for a small mom & pop restaurant in Lafayette, helping them open up. The owner had his own successful construction business, but knew absolutely nothing about the restaurant business. A couple of days before we were going to open, I was looking around in the walk-in cooler and saw all these beef tenderloins so I asked him if he wanted me to start cutting them into filets.

He got a puzzled look on his face and said, "No, those are for our tenderloin sandwiches!" I had to explain to him that he would have the most expensive "tenderloins" of any restaurant if he wanted to use those! :faint:
    The "Chocolate Moose" in Farmland makes a hand pounded fresh breaded right before your eyes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I miss the Tie Dye Grill down here in Indy. They had "tenderloin Tuesdays" and they were awesome. I always got mine grilled but people raved about the fried ones too. Also had great Reubens that I thought were every bit as good as Shapiro's Deli.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom