• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I CC mostly because many places will throw you out if they see you carrying a gun. Sad but true.
    Sad but true?

I have never been thrown out of any place I have Openly Carried. I OC at all tmes except in the winter. I am a carpenter and I go to every big box store, lumber yard, grocery store, restaurant gas station and convienence storein my area and out.

Years ago when I first found the freedom and comfort of OC, I had a few interactions with uninformed police and security personel. When they confronted me I informed them of thr law and nothing ever came of it. I believe the word got around and have not had any encounters in many years.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Sad but true?

I have never been thrown out of any place I have Openly Carried. I OC at all tmes except in the winter. I am a carpenter and I go to every big box store, lumber yard, grocery store, restaurant gas station and convienence storein my area and out.

Years ago when I first found the freedom and comfort of OC, I had a few interactions with uninformed police and security personel. When they confronted me I informed them of thr law and nothing ever came of it. I believe the word got around and have not had any encounters in many years.
    We do not seem to have as many posts about negative LEO interactions while OC. I wonder if there has been some focused training the last few years?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are both right.

The best incident was

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, I wonder how they are here in Indy? Perhaps I should find out? I ain't skeered, just thought it would be a constant hassle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I wonder how they are here in Indy? Perhaps I should find out? I ain't skeered, just thought it would be a constant hassle.
    At the time I was having encounters it was helpful that I had read and memorized all of the pertinent pertinent Indiana Code and case law.

Today everything is wrapped up in pinner and now that we have constitutional carry there shouldn't be any problems.

Property owners still have the right to ask you to leave at any time for any reason in reason. If you were to refuse to leave they can call the police and have you trespassed which is a misdemeaner.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, I'm one step away from open carry. I carry OTB under an untucked button down (with cargo shorts). No one has ever said anything as of yet. Well, one time the guy at the ammo counter of Walmart asked me what I carry. He may not have noticed, just asked in general.?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Without a link to the original story, it never happened

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At the time I was having encounters it was helpful that I had read and memorized all of the pertinent pertinent Indiana Code and case law.

Today everything is wrapped up in pinner and now that we have constitutional carry there shouldn't be any problems.

Property owners still have the right to ask you to leave at any time for any reason in reason. If you were to refuse to leave they can call the police and have you trespassed which is a misdemeaner.

I think, it helps to know the law, even when CCing.
    Cause, CC is not "invisible".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A salesman at an electronics store (don't remember the name, I'll probably remember an hour from now) asked me, do you know you have a gun on your hip.
    So, I looked scared and said "Oh no! Get it off, get it off", or something like that.
    We both laughed, and then we went looking for whatever it was I was buying.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom