• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    My concern is becoming a target for someone that wants to take your gun away. This is based upon real World cases. I just feel concealed is a much better chance of the gun remaining mine instead of ours(trying to take it away) or theirs(took it away). If you open carry better have hands on skills to fight off a takeaway attempt which I don't have.

As far as open carry making you first target that is a real possibility which is the disadvantage. I agree that open carry could persuade criminals to move on which is an advantage. Seriously doubt if anyone is going to rob the restaurant where the waitresses open carry.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I open carry to publicly show people that not every MWAG is evil. I do this around areas I am familiar with that aren't crowded and are easy to maintain situational awareness.

I conceal carry in crowded areas where I anticipate close contact with strangers.

Most people don't even notice when you open carry.

Eerily like politics. I just can't seem to take a side.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't OC because I tried it once and felt like I was walking around with my personal appendage hanging out. I don't care how any of you carry as long as you are happy with your choice.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't OC because I tried it once and felt like I was walking around with my personal appendage hanging out. I don't care how any of you carry as long as you are happy with your choice.
    When I am browsing INGO, I know exactly how you feel. However, I like it that way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My concern is becoming a target for someone that wants to take your gun away. This is based upon real World cases. I just feel concealed is a much better chance of the gun remaining mine instead of ours(trying to take it away) or theirs(took it away). If you open carry better have hands on skills to fight off a takeaway attempt which I don't have.

As far as open carry making you first target that is a real possibility which is the disadvantage. I agree that open carry could persuade criminals to move on which is an advantage. Seriously doubt if anyone is going to rob the restaurant where the waitresses open carry.

Please cite these real world cases that concern you.

The Original Post #1, containas a very good article that addresses some of your issues.

I apologize for thesnarkiness of the post that I have now edited.

Last edited:

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    Please cite these real worldcases you speak of. As anti freedom as the media, gogol, face plant, twitty &al are you should be able to provide 200 pages easily. You will be surprised if ou actually try.

It seems that you did not read the Original Post, inorder to know what this thread is atually about.

I can only think of one that I have read about an open carrier being attacked and his weapon taken. From the story you could not determine if he was attached and killed for just being a target of opportunity in a very bad location or that the attackers knew he had a weapon and targeted him. So I am guessing there are very few cases you could say a guy was targeted solely due to OC.

I can point to several that have died for not carrying one in the chameber.:wallbash:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please cite these real worldcases you speak of. As anti freedom as the media, gogol, face plant, twitty &al are you should be able to provide 200 pages easily. You will be surprised if ou actually try.

It seems that you did not read the Original Post, inorder to know what this thread is atually about.

I mean, he's pretty new here. Maybe cut him some slack? Lot's of people just jump right into new things. I mean that's not so good when there's something on the line. But what harm did he do here?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I mean, he's pretty new here. Maybe cut him some slack? Lot's of people just jump right into new things. I mean that's not so good when there's something on the line. But what harm did he do here?
    People do seem to have a bit of an antagonistic attitude around here at times. We all should try a little harder to be nicer in situations like this one.

We have 192 pages with over 3800 posts rehashing the same arguments. Maybe a polite "You should try reading the thread, especially the first post. Then come back and give your arguments refuting it."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Tom,

You know I love you man (not in the biblical sense OK) so please go easy on the new guy's. Please.

I have said and will say again....,getting snarky with the new members will put you in a bad light with me. We will not chase them off any more. If we get one that needs set straight thats a different game but the new guys deserve a chance.

And they will get one.

:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People do seem to have a bit of an antagonistic attitude around here at times. We all should try a little harder to be nicer in situations like this one.

We have 192 pages with over 3800 posts rehashing the same arguments. Maybe a polite "You should try reading the thread, especially the first post. Then come back and give your arguments refuting it."
    "Winning"

Read my last post.....:)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tom, very nice job with the edit.

If we really are trying to grow this place and with the number of new gun owners out there who will find our corner of the web, we are going to meet several first timers who have no preconceptions about some things we may have spent a lot of time thinking about. How we interact with them will be a huge factor in how long they stay.

Top Bottom