The ones that got away which I regret now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    So I'm sure I'm not the only one that traded a gun for a different one and later regretted making that decision. I once owned a Beretta INOX 96 compact and have regretted trading it away which leads to this post.

I'm thinking on posting a WTT the Sig P320 compact for the Beretta but thought I would ask for your thoughts?

Feel free to to also post your "the ones that got away for something different".

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    My one that got away.
    I had a Colt Python Ten Pointer. About 300 were made. While I doubled my money on it, they are now selling for nearly 10 times what I sold it for. :ugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What caliber 320 compact? OEM grip module? What sights?... Asking for a friend.

Don't regret too many. Maybe my Ruger Sp101, but the others were a progression to where I am now.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've not sold any that I miss, but there are some I wish I'd bought when I saw them instead of leaving them in the shop.

The worst was when I was fresh out of college. A buddy and I were cruising the local stores. I came across some kind of 3rd gen Smith in 10mm. I don't remember the exact model, but I knew they were going for close to $750 at the time, and they had it listed for $350. I was about to buy it, when I saw a 6" stainless Taurus model 44 in .44 magnum, which was also tagged for $350.

Because I was an idiot, I got all excited about the prospect of a .44 mag (it's the most powerful handgun in the world!!), and ended up buying that gun instead. Being a Taurus, it was a piece of junk. It had timing issues and would occasionally fail to advance the cylinder. Plus I had not yet gotten into reloading, and couldn't afford to feed the stupid thing at that point in my life.

A buddy wanted it, so I traded it to him for a fully-rifled 870 slug barrel and an angle grinder. I don't miss that thing at all (he has since dumped it, too), but I do still wish I'd bought that S&W 10mm instead.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't get the whole account churn thing. If you have something you like and see something else you like just wait till you can afford both.

Seems like a lot of folks with their guns are like chicks shoe shopping with trade ins (or ebay) available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Colt Pythons. They were always having troubles but are pure gold now..........:dunno:

The Colt Real tree's. They too were problematic but are pure gold now.

I seriously do not understand the current market but brother I wish I had those 5 pieces back. New homes would be found.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In today's world - I wish I had them ALL back.

The Saiga 12 & mags...
    The AK-74m & mags...
    The 2 or 3 870s that I just had to have then sold/traded...
    The Steyr pistols...
    The older G17 and literal pile of mags...
    The 2 or 3 other G19s and mags...
    The M&Ps and pile of mags...

And on and on.

But only for the sake of having the value for them now; not sentimental.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    1611669361412.png

This is the one I miss most. Engraved M60 that I probably sold for too cheap when I lost my job a couple of years ago.

I also regret selling my first AR, but it was just a low-end Ruger AR that could be replaced. No tears for that one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A Maple stocked 1915 Swedish mauser on Gunbroker. While I was trying to closely examine the photos to see if it was really what it looked like it was, someone bought it (which is what I should have done). It had a 'buy it now' option and was only up for about 5 hrs. I had happened to stumble across it shortly after it was offered for sale

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    1990 S&W 4006. Man I shot that gun good. But then family bills came first and I sold it. I wish I had been born rich instead of so damned good looking. LOL

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Many I miss because of value increases but the only one I really regret was a very nice and correct 1903a3(a4).

Sold it to an acquaintance that had the correct scope for it.

Wish I would have just bought his scope....

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    The ones I regret weren’t worth a lot but have sentimental value . I traded my dad’s junky 22 revolver probably in someone’s junk box by now wish I had it still. My first gun I purchased was a charter arms bulldog 44 spl carried that heavy thing for years. traded it on 9mm . almost bought a bulldog last year right before the lock down by the time I made my mind up prices were on the way up just couldn’t justify it.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    I bought a colt python off a friend that was moving out of state and didn’t want to take it with him. Less than a half box shot through it. I didn’t know anything about handguns, this was my first purchase of a handgun. Paid 250 bucks for it, a couple weeks later my sister-in-law told me my brothers birthday was coming up and he always said that was the gun he always wanted. She begged me to sell it to her so she could get him the best gift she ever had given him. I didn’t want to sell it but he was my brother and I knew he loved his guns. I would never make a profit off family, so I sold it to my sister in law. Years later I found out how much it was worth and jokingly ask if I could buy it back, joke was on me . He sold it and made a grand or more. Makes me mad every time I think about. Lol yes I’m an idiot sometimes

Top Bottom