• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a quick FYI while we're working on some of the server performance issues we've been experiencing lately:

The Official Status Update thread seems to be a causing bit of a performance hit on the server, due to the number of posts in it that have to keep getting reloaded every time the thread is refreshed. As an experiment, I'm going to trim off the last few pages of this thread and move the rest to a locked thread in the Break Room. If we see a performance gain from that this evening, we'll leave it that way and we'll call the new thread "Part 2" or something. If there is no change, I'll merge the two threads back together. This will be the top post in "Part 2".

Just giving you guys a heads-up so you don't freak out when you suddenly see 90,000 posts "vanish".

Link back to "Part 1" (for later):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/72879-the_official_status_update_thread.html

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just a quick FYI while we're working on some of the server performance issues we've been experiencing lately:

The Official Status Update thread seems to be a causing bit of a performance hit on the server, due to the number of posts in it that have to keep getting reloaded every time the thread is refreshed. As an experiment, I'm going to trim off the last few pages of this thread and move the rest to a locked thread in the Break Room. If we see a performance gain from that this evening, we'll leave it that way and we'll call the new thread "Part 2" or something. If there is no change, I'll merge the two threads back together. This will be the top post in "Part 2".

Just giving you guys a heads-up so you don't freak out when you suddenly see 90,000 posts "vanish".

Link back to "Part 1" (for later):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/72879-the_official_status_update_thread.html

I have suggested this several times before...

There is a site I go to that threads get closed and reopened as "part 2" after ~1,000 posts.

Things run much smoother that way.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Does anyone know how much lightly used Yugo AK 47(Century) underfolders, with wood hardguards are going for?
    I see new ones for $550.00-$600.00 depending on the dealers markup.
    I paid $475.00 for mine a couple of years ago but mine has the synthetic stocks. :dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Cool, thanks for the heads up Scutter. Hopefully that will work, glad to hear that you guys are trying to make it better.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That makes sense to me Scutter. I hope it works. If I may make a suggestion, if you do end up splitting the thread, it might be better to keep the title "official status update" on the thread that remains in use since that is what everyone is used to looking for. Maybe the locked portion could be called "official status update archive" or something similar. Just my :twocents:. I'm sure we'll figure it out, however it gets done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom