• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The owner is a fantastic guy but isn't there too much because he and his son run a chassis fabrication shop and do top notch work there.
    The chassis shop is just up the road from my house. I've stopped in several times. Dude has always been super nice to me. I bought some bars and a kit for my Mustang, and had him do some custom bends for our Champ Car.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    What is the name of the shop? At some point I need to put a cage in my car.
    Two Lane Performance. If you know the blue Mustang that the owner of Brown County Drag Way owns, I know it was in Two Lane at one point. Not sure if he built the full cage or was just doing some work on it.
    And everything I've seen in that shop looks top notch. I prefer to do my own work, but if I was gonna pay someone to do it I'd pay him.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah Automotion really only has 2 employees and one is in a wheelchair. Brandon does all the nitrous refills, tires etc. He usually gets stuff done pretty darn quick but it really just hinges on how busy the store is and if he is needed on the counter. I've always been able to drop my bottles off (sometimes 6 at a time) and was able to pick them up the next day. But, the bottle has to be cool to fill so that is a factor too. Tires are usually the same way, drop off the old and a day or two later I go pick them up. Even though I can use the tire machines at work, I don't mind paying someone to mount them bigazz slicks and deal with the bead locks (or used to be rim screws).
    The owner is a fantastic guy but isn't there too much because he and his son run a chassis fabrication shop and do top notch work there.
    Really good people but Brandon can be sarcastic especially to people he doesn't know.
    I had them do some work for me at their fab shop, they were spot on with their quote and finished several days earlier than expected and did superb work. I didn't feel worthy having my car in their shop looking at some of the other things they were working on but they treated me just like one of their higher dollar customers that I could tell.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What is the name of the shop? At some point I need to put a cage in my car.
    Two Lane Performance fantastic guy to deal with and he and his some both do fantastic work. Bill did all of the original chassis work when we built our Thunderbird and it's as nice as anything we've had done by others over the years. I wouldn't hesitate to take any fab work to him

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had them do some work for me at their fab shop, they were spot on with their quote and finished several days earlier than expected and did superb work. I didn't feel worthy having my car in their shop looking at some of the other things they were working on but they treated me just like one of their higher dollar customers that I could tell.
    Glad you had such a good experience with them. I felt like our old friend Churchmouse and I may have had some influence on you going there since we both give good recommendations

Little known fact, Bill first went into business for himself doing automotive detailing

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Glad you had such a good experience with them. I felt like our old friend Churchmouse and I may have had some influence on you going there since we both give good recommendations

Little known fact, Bill first went into business for himself doing automotive detailing
    Yes you both did, I asked, you both responded and you were right on the money with your recommendation. :bacondance: :patriot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been busy on mine lately

1684373277012.png

It's running, goes into gear and just finished bleeding the brakes a couple of days ago so I'm hoping to move it out of the shop this weekend under its own power for the first time in at least 25 years.

This is the one that Bill at 2 Lane did some work on; added a couple of more bars to the cage and tubbed out the rears for me.

I'll get a better pic once its outside.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Went to a track rental at Muncie Saturday. The rental was 10-2. Started late because the track was wet from the overnight rain. They finally let us run at 11:20. Got one pass in and they shut it back down because water was coming up through the track. Just before 2 they finished drying the track and it was ready to go.

First pass I made was NA. I wanted to see if there was any improvements after having the car tuned, 12.26@111. This is a little slower than before the tune but I might have been a little hot on the timing when I made the 12.1 pass.

2nd pass we decided to have the nitrous come on at 4350 RPM at 50% duty cycle and maintain 50%. On the dyno this was good for about 125hp. Car felt really good. This was the first time I had ever sprayed the car and I was pretty impressed. 11.59@120! Went back to the trailer and checked the data log and looked at some plugs. Everything looked good.

For the 3rd pass we upped the nitrous to 50% duty cycle to come on at 4100rpm and by 4400, 100%. I also bumped the launch up 100 RPM to 3000. I was able to hold the brakes tight enough to hold the extra 100 rpm and the car left really well. It was wild feeling the driver's side tire come off the ground. First time I have ever pulled a tire! Get my time slip and it was 11.039, my fastest pass ever!! 1.44 60' felt crazy compared to the 1.75 I had been running before. Crazy feeling the nitrous coming on at 50% and ramping up to 100%.

Get back to the pit to check plugs and the data log. Plugs looked good. Went to check the data log and somehow I screwed up, I had overwritten the log and now had no data.

Setting up for the 4th pass and trying to decide what to do with the nitrous ramp and launch RPM. This is when I realized for pass 3, I had fat fingered the keyboard and had the nitrous coming on at 2100 instead of 4100. It now made sense why pass 3 was so good!

Ended up pushing through the brakes on pass 4 and 5 so didn't have great passes. I sent my logs off to the guy who tuned it hoping to make some improvements. There seems to be a long delay between shift points with the nitrous turning off. Hoping That could be fixed.

Overall it was a good day. Car drove back on to the trailer with zero issues even after bringing on the nitrous too early on pass 3. Hopefully next time out, I can break into the 10s!

IMG_4427.PNG 20230520_201330.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Went to a track rental at Muncie Saturday. The rental was 10-2. Started late because the track was wet from the overnight rain. They finally let us run at 11:20. Got one pass in and they shut it back down because water was coming up through the track. Just before 2 they finished drying the track and it was ready to go.

First pass I made was NA. I wanted to see if there was any improvements after having the car tuned, 12.26@111. This is a little slower than before the tune but I might have been a little hot on the timing when I made the 12.1 pass.

2nd pass we decided to have the nitrous come on at 4350 RPM at 50% duty cycle and maintain 50%. On the dyno this was good for about 125hp. Car felt really good. This was the first time I had ever sprayed the car and I was pretty impressed. 11.59@120! Went back to the trailer and checked the data log and looked at some plugs. Everything looked good.

For the 3rd pass we upped the nitrous to 50% duty cycle to come on at 4100rpm and by 4400, 100%. I also bumped the launch up 100 RPM to 3000. I was able to hold the brakes tight enough to hold the extra 100 rpm and the car left really well. It was wild feeling the driver's side tire come off the ground. First time I have ever pulled a tire! Get my time slip and it was 11.039, my fastest pass ever!! 1.44 60' felt crazy compared to the 1.75 I had been running before. Crazy feeling the nitrous coming on at 50% and ramping up to 100%.

Get back to the pit to check plugs and the data log. Plugs looked good. Went to check the data log and somehow I screwed up, I had overwritten the log and now had no data.

Setting up for the 4th pass and trying to decide what to do with the nitrous ramp and launch RPM. This is when I realized for pass 3, I had fat fingered the keyboard and had the nitrous coming on at 2100 instead of 4100. It now made sense why pass 3 was so good!

Ended up pushing through the brakes on pass 4 and 5 so didn't have great passes. I sent my logs off to the guy who tuned it hoping to make some improvements. There seems to be a long delay between shift points with the nitrous turning off. Hoping That could be fixed.

Overall it was a good day. Car drove back on to the trailer with zero issues even after bringing on the nitrous too early on pass 3. Hopefully next time out, I can break into the 10s!

View attachment 277379 View attachment 277380

Not bad at all. Yes there is a big difference between 1.75 & 1.44 60' times. It starts putting you back in the seat from there on. Just based on those time slips you could probably go run some heads up 7.0 or 7.50 index class stuff.

You mentioned the brakes holding on the line then pushing through them. Are you foot braking or do you have a line lock?
    Edit- also factory brakes or aftermarket?

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Not bad at all. Yes there is a big difference between 1.75 & 1.44 60' times. It starts putting you back in the seat from there on. Just based on those time slips you could probably go run some heads up 7.0 or 7.50 index class stuff.

You mentioned the brakes holding on the line then pushing through them. Are you foot braking or do you have a line lock?
    Edit- also factory brakes or aftermarket?
    I would have to be consistent to do any good index classes. lol Would be fun though.

I do have a line lock but I only use it for the burnout. I think having the rear brakes working helps hold the tires from spinning on the 2 step. Stock brakes. Working on gathering the rest of the parts to convert to rear disc.

Obviously a trans brake is best but not something I am looking to do. Just added complication and most of the trans brake valve bodies are manual, I want to keep the auto shifting.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would have to be consistent to do any good index classes. lol Would be fun though.

I do have a line lock but I only use it for the burnout. I think having the rear brakes working helps hold the tires from spinning on the 2 step. Stock brakes. Working on gathering the rest of the parts to convert to rear disc.

Obviously a trans brake is best but not something I am looking to do. Just added complication and most of the trans brake valve bodies are manual, I want to keep the auto shifting.
    You have what's needed to make it run consistent. Just takes finding what lets you run the number and repeating it.
    You can always run 2 line lock solenoids so all 4 brakes lock up. Just an option
    With the nitrous on an RPM control, it maybe wise to consider being cautious about any RPM overlap between the launch and when the spray comes on. If it were me, I'm not sure I would want it coming on while I'm sitting on the line but that's just me.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    You have what's needed to make it run consistent. Just takes finding what lets you run the number and repeating it.
    You can always run 2 line lock solenoids so all 4 brakes lock up. Just an option
    With the nitrous on an RPM control, it maybe wise to consider being cautious about any RPM overlap between the launch and when the spray comes on. If it were me, I'm not sure I would want it coming on while I'm sitting on the line but that's just me.
    I've never thought about adding another solenoid for the rear brakes. Once I swap to rear disc, I planned on using the parking brake.

Yes, I don't want to be spaying while waiting on the line. That was never the plan. I think I will add a safety that the nitrous can never be activated while the 2 step button is pressed.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Pretty sure just about everything picks up a ton of power running nitro. But man, the carnage would be extreme if the mixture isn't dead on

Cool video though
    For one lap this year we got sponsored by stabil and 303 and along with that they sent a **** ton of products. Rio, being a GDI engine that likes to run in the ragged edge of detonation ****ing loved adding 1/3 bottle of the octane booster to the 93 pump gas. It could run the timing up and damn did it run well. Transits were almost 2mpg better while running 80+.

I think the modern engine controls and higher static compression really benefits the most (to a degree) of more octane and fuel quality.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For one lap this year we got sponsored by stabil and 303 and along with that they sent a **** ton of products. Rio, being a GDI engine that likes to run in the ragged edge of detonation ****ing loved adding 1/3 bottle of the octane booster to the 93 pump gas. It could run the timing up and damn did it run well. Transits were almost 2mpg better while running 80+.

I think the modern engine controls and higher static compression really benefits the most (to a degree) of more octane and fuel quality.
    I agree most modern engines seem to benefit more from higher octane/better quality fuel.

Top Bottom