• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Modern EFI/DI coupled with turbo technology has made a massive difference in “normal” cars over the past decade. It’s hard to overstate how different it is nowadays.
    I mean, the racecar/former daily is 350lbs lighter, smaller and still has GDI but is NA. It's silly fun but add a spoolie boi and **** gets real.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So I did the thing. Again. Bought a nice new daily so I can have something with warranty and modern for hte next decade. I know this is the hotrod thread so I do have to point out its way faster than my racecar. Like... way way faster. I like turbos now.

So my first new car (for me) since 2002, which is also the year I started down this Korean crap box rabbit hole.
    View attachment 264395

2023 Kia Forte GT Manual. 1.6Turbo and manual trans with all the goodies. Honda Civic Si competitor for abou $4k less.
    That should be a blast to drive! Nice. Manual trans improves anything as far as I'm concerned.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone recommend a good shop who rechromes bumpers. We have a guy here in town but they only go up to 4ft long. I need someone good. Dads Plymouth has been in a couple magazines and he is very particular. Would be nice if they were within driving distance. Thanks.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Anyone recommend a good shop who rechromes bumpers. We have a guy here in town but they only go up to 4ft long. I need someone good. Dads Plymouth has been in a couple magazines and he is very particular. Would be nice if they were within driving distance. Thanks.
    Tri City Plating is the only place I have experience with but that was 20 years ago. Hopefully they're still as good as they were.

Not sure if TN is driving distance for you.
    If he that particular Speed and Sport has always had the reputation as the best. I think they're in Texas though.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We used a place in Cuba MO, they pick up at various swap meets and will deliver in reasonable locations. They did our 63 Galaxie bumpers a couple of years ago and they came out GREAT! They're a bunch of hillbillies that have been around chrome plating chemicals for far too long but they're good people and do good work. https://highlineplating.webs.com/

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I’ve always wanted to slap some lights and a VIN tag on one of these and cruise it around.

I've been watching that one myself but I'm finally getting a grip on my current projects so am trying to remain strong. I don't know if I'd want to be in something that small in traffic though.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    We used a place in Cuba MO, they pick up at various swap meets and will deliver in reasonable locations. They did our 63 Galaxie bumpers a couple of years ago and they came out GREAT! They're a bunch of hillbillies that have been around chrome plating chemicals for far too long but they're good people and do good work. https://highlineplating.webs.com/
    I went to a paint shop in Fort Wayne many years ago. Those guys always seemed to be on something but they were some good painters.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Picked up a new set of tires last night. Guy I bought them from had them on for one pass at Muncie and decided he needed a slick. These will get mounted to a set of 15"x10" race stars that I picked up last year for dirt cheap.

After 2 years of driving the car on a tune that hasn't been the greatest, I am finally taking the car to get dyno tuned on May 6th. Hoping to pick up some NA power and tune for the 150hp shot of nitrous that I still haven't sprayed. Last year my fasted pass was a 12.43@109. This was only with 27 degrees of timing. It seems pretty common for SBF motors to run at 36 degrees so I think there is some power on the table.

338698575_767320258430272_8896383721486296396_n.jpg 20220726_160420.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Question: are the little Teflon seals for power steering hoses really needed? They're so dang small I can't imagine they're actually sealing anything.
    The one on the pressure side of my Foxbody broke and SHOCKER the only way I can find a new one is to ORDER one because no parts stores actually keep parts in stock these days.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I know some in this thread like to watch Street Outlaws. Some bad news from Lizzy Musi

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I know some in this thread like to watch Street Outlaws. Some bad news from Lizzy Musi

Damn, that's tough, she's young. I hope it hasn't spread to far and they can get it under control quick

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

She has a tough fight ahead and hate to see such things with anyone. I saw a video where she was talking about it and how it's a very rapid spreading variant.

Haven't seen it posted here (possible I missed it), but Likewise Mike Murillo is battling stage 4 lung cancer. It's my understanding he's never even been a smoker.

I wish them both the best and pray they come out on top in these fights. Good people

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well for wheels made just for Foxbodies I wasn't pleased with how they fit. I ended up having to machine some 1/2" spacers to get the tires to stop rubbing the spring perches. I also added some 3" studs so I have plenty of thread sticking out past the lug nuts. I need to take it out for a drive to make sure they don't rub the outer fender. I shouldn't have any traction issues now.

I also just purchased a 4 lug rear disc conversion. This will hold me over until I'm ready to spend some money on 9" ends. Planning on doing 31 spine axles, a mini spool (to make sure I'm ok with driving a spool on the street), and a manual brake conversion.
    20230419_160643.jpg
    Left is with out the 1/2" spacer and right is with the 1/2" spacer.
    20230422_180629.jpg 20230420_104946.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Well for wheels made just for Foxbodies I wasn't pleased with how they fit. I ended up having to machine some 1/2" spacers to get the tires to stop rubbing the spring perches. I also added some 3" studs so I have plenty of thread sticking out past the lug nuts. I need to take it out for a drive to make sure they don't rub the outer fender. I shouldn't have any traction issues now.

I also just purchased a 4 lug rear disc conversion. This will hold me over until I'm ready to spend some money on 9" ends. Planning on doing 31 spine axles, a mini spool (to make sure I'm ok with driving a spool on the street), and a manual brake conversion.
    View attachment 271470
    Left is with out the 1/2" spacer and right is with the 1/2" spacer.
    View attachment 271472 View attachment 271471
    If you're not running ARP extended studs yet, I would recommend that you look into installing those. Have heard about studs snapping when wheel spacers are added to the mix. Not to mention the lack of thread engagement.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Question: are the little Teflon seals for power steering hoses really needed? They're so dang small I can't imagine they're actually sealing anything.
    The one on the pressure side of my Foxbody broke and SHOCKER the only way I can find a new one is to ORDER one because no parts stores actually keep parts in stock these days.
    At this time, it would appear that those teflon seals are not needed. Put about 500 miles on the car so far and it's been fine without.

Top Bottom