• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Man, I am still just not ready to accept that fall is here.
    I have plenty of end of the season things to get done before the thermometer gets closer to the freezing mark.
    It was a good time hanging out at the NMCA race over the weekend. Saw some friends I haven't seen for a while so that was nice.
    Gotta get the short block dropped off to be freshened up. So I am hopeful that parts won't be an issue. I would really like to get it done and back in time to get everything back together by early spring.

What's everyone else's hot rod plans to get done once the temps drop too far to be out playing?
    Continue getting the racecar together, swap in an "in between" engine into the Galaxie as well as rebuild the rear suspension and brakes, swap in the new motor into the convertible. And whatever else comes along. 4 to 6 months isn't that long.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not a hot rod, but my plan now that I got most of the driveline squared away on the XJ, I have moved on to making the paint look as good as 23 year old paint that has been abused.

I also fixed all the leaks, flushed the coolant, replaced all the charging, starting and battery cables with some 4 GA stuff and added an auxiliary trans cooler.

Going into the cold months I will focus on the interior, getting all the crap audio stuff the PO did, fix the items that are causing codes and cleaning the entire intake system. Possibly new fuel injectors too.

That should take me to spring. Especially since I have gutted the interior and will rebuild everything down to the door catches.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I have plenty of end of the season things to get done before the thermometer gets closer to the freezing mark.
    It was a good time hanging out at the NMCA race over the weekend. Saw some friends I haven't seen for a while so that was nice.
    Gotta get the short block dropped off to be freshened up. So I am hopeful that parts won't be an issue. I would really like to get it done and back in time to get everything back together by early spring.

What's everyone else's hot rod plans to get done once the temps drop too far to be out playing?
    Holley ecu is supposed to ship tomorrow. We'll see if their "ship by 9/28/22" claim holds up.
    Finish assembling the 351, get it in the car, build a turbo kit for it, and test drive during the winter. Wanna get it ready for Florida next year. If Cleetus does the spectator drags at the beginning of the year I'm gonna try to go. And if not, or plans don't like out, then I'm at least gonna go down there for the Freedom 500 with some friends. Camp at the Factory, and cruise around a ton in the car.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

I need to put a new rear main seal in my 351w. With the trans and converter out I am considering sending the converter in for a reflash and then rebuilding the trans. I also need to pull the dash and attempt to clean up some wiring.

I'd also like to start on a turbo kit. Pulling the trigger on a turbo will be the first step to that. I do already have an intercooler. Getting all the piping done would be awesome.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’m ok with fall. I’ve got a road trip in the racecar coming up next month before it’s all over. I’ve had to give up the last 3 events of the season to keep the home life happy.

Camping on site has definitely cut costs and the car is cheap to operate. One set of tires lasted the entire season even with one lap, one set of brakes and I’ll even be using the rears again next year. Fronts will go in the box as a back up in case something happens to the new. Working the events to attend for free has been hugely helpful as well. Total out of pocket for the year was pretty low thankfully.

Now it’s time to start planning for next year.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Also update on the C10 from the new owner. Had rocker studs back out after an hour of driving. Intake gasket was the source of the smoke show. Sitting is hell on grounds. All those little issues are fixed and he took it for a 4 hour drive. Hates the headers as much as I did.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I made it to the 3rd round Sunday in open comp. Wife ran True Street 1st round.

Fastest time
    Me 10.52 @134 MPH

Wife 10.59 @ 135 MPH

Wife has white helmet and mirrored glasses with a MOPAR fire jacket.

I have a day glo orange helmet. View attachment 228370 View attachment 228371
    Looks like you were at Beech Bend (Bowling Green KY). It's still amazing you can run that kind of et/mph in a factory car and then drive it home when you're finished.

Top Bottom