• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can tell you from experience it won't hold up. Maybe a little better behind that auto, but a couple clutch drops will wipe one out mighty quick. I wouldn't waste much money experimenting on it, I would sell it and use the money

Mine was fully welded and even a girdle cover, didn't make it a week.

Yep 7.5's let go faster than may pops on an overloaded truck

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If the Ford is anything like the GM 7.5 it has a well defined fuse. That fuse gets shorter as you find forward bite. When you get the chassis figured out and work towards a better 60' time that rear end will literally just let go. Not enough support to keep the ring and pinion in full contact under the brutality of a treated launch pad and the desire to go as fast as possible from a standing start. That is the well defined barriers that drag racing presents to the builder. The faster you go the bigger the hammer you are dropping on the drive line.
    When you get it built and ready let us know. I want to start a pool on how many serious launches it will live through.....:):

Fox bodys are inherently easy to set up for drag racing. Lots and lots of info on how to tweak the rear suspension on them for this purpose. En

QFT. Let me know when the pool on that 7.5 starts...I want in. Like the Farmers insurance commercial, I've seen a thing or two. Especially on Mustangs
    joy the journey.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had several HVAC projects stack up on us so we are wading through them. Once done its back on the 64.
    After a few FTF meetings with the body shop they have put the 64 back in rotation and are working on it slowly but surely.
    Funny how reminding someone of impending health issues can motivate them.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'll happily let you guys know. I don't think I can sell it enough for the hassle that it would be worth dealing with the morons on FB. "Will this work on my Honda?" "Will you take half of what you're asking?" "I'll be there tonight (never shows up)."

Also.... I got a really dumb/good idea.
    Compound turbos.
    Why? Because my buddy doesn't think a 475 will spool on a bone stock 351. And if he's right, I'm just gonna build a compound turbo setup, basically identical to what's on my truck. Oh, and I also don't mind doing this because A - almost no one ever bothers, and B - I have the turbos to do it already.
    It will spool before 3,000 for sure.
    I have not encountered compound turbos in this context but I can tell you that they became the most hated feature on Caterpillar diesels, to the point that single turbo conversion kits and services became very commonplace.

Top Bottom