• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What do you fellas think of this. I always had a soft spot for the Falcon and Comets.

Not a fan of the 65 and later Falcons and Comets. Managed to pick up a 64 Falcon Sprint many moons ago, no driveline and not much interior. Money was tight and I unloaded it 2 weeks prior to accepting a great paying position that I held for 11 years. Merde!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As a tribute to the title of this thread "Burnouts for Distance," you need to watch the first 9:30 of this video. The last one is a square body doing rolling burnouts from 50 mph while pulling a trailer. E P I C ! ! !

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    That AMC Javelin running drag week is crazy. As is the Volvo wagon.
    I watched that car crash in person yesterday. Very, very sad moment. Happy and amazed that the driver made it out OK.

Speaking of which, chased Drag Week with my buddies from Wednesday to last night. Got home around 3am.
    One of the guys had a 1984 Volvo 245 (real similar to the one that was running low 7's all week long). He had just completed Power Tour in it and thought everything was kosher, so we took that on this trip. Well he showed up to the track in Michigan Monday morning and it was smoking horrendously. He limped it all the way to Ohio and then back to my place at Indy. He had put head gasket fix in it in Ohio, but it was smoking again Wednesday morning.
    Long story short, we threw K-seal in it, clogged the radiator, fixed some wiring, blew the radiator back out, and then got on with the trip. Crazy times, guys. We had a great time.

Does anyone have a better place to look for car parts than FB Marketplace? I'm trying to find some SBF heads and it seriously just keeps feeding me worthless junk, or SBC heads. I freaking HATE it.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Love my Volvo wagon! 325k miles on the chassis with a fresh engine running a Holset HX30 turbo, very dependable daily driver.....best car I've ever owned. It's been totaled twice and I was paid $2500 each time. I do paint and body work so I just keep putting it back together.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I watched that car crash in person yesterday. Very, very sad moment. Happy and amazed that the driver made it out OK.

Speaking of which, chased Drag Week with my buddies from Wednesday to last night. Got home around 3am.
    One of the guys had a 1984 Volvo 245 (real similar to the one that was running low 7's all week long). He had just completed Power Tour in it and thought everything was kosher, so we took that on this trip. Well he showed up to the track in Michigan Monday morning and it was smoking horrendously. He limped it all the way to Ohio and then back to my place at Indy. He had put head gasket fix in it in Ohio, but it was smoking again Wednesday morning.
    Long story short, we threw K-seal in it, clogged the radiator, fixed some wiring, blew the radiator back out, and then got on with the trip. Crazy times, guys. We had a great time.

Does anyone have a better place to look for car parts than FB Marketplace? I'm trying to find some SBF heads and it seriously just keeps feeding me worthless junk, or SBC heads. I freaking HATE it.
    Wow, sounds like an awesome time.

As for parts, my best connection is always friends that are into cars. If that doesn't work then ebay actually works out pretty good. I don't do FB, but sometimes buddies send me links to stuff on there.

Top Bottom