• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have 65,000 miles on a Cruze. I had to change the front brakes, brake fluid, tires, antifreeze, and have a new oil feed for the turbo for the next oil change. The feed tube clogs with burnt oil because it's by the exhaust, then bye bye turbo. This is maintenance not found in the owner's manual.

I did learn something else reading about other people's problems. An aftermarket catalytic converter is usually too small and there's not enough catalyst in them to heat up at start up, and the O2 sensor will lean out long term fuel trim, because the computer checks it at start up instead of highway speed. So the smaller replacement cat will make the car run lean.
    Do a drain and fill on the trans fluid also.

And keep an eye on the cam solenoids, that's about the time they will start leaking.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I was listening to a podcast and the GM 2.0 turbo was brought up. Let's just say they weren't fans. They were claiming the oil needs changed every 2,000-2,500 miles regardless of the type of driving done. I believe one of them called it the "Sludge generator". Again, this is just one shop owner/junk yard owners opinion.

With the oil line issue, I could see that causing a problem. At least you know about it and take care of it.
    150,000 miles on my 2.0 turbo and no issues. It's a fleet vehicle and only changes are only every 7,500 miles...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll try and find the podcast. I know not all of them have issues, probably less than 10% in reality, but when other engines are at the >1%, that's significant.

This was the podcast it was on.

I don't recall the actual episode.

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    So when are you planning on changing your name to Lilredford?
    Nope, Not happening. The Ranger is purely for fuel milage and because i cant pass up a cheap running ranger lol.

I still have my big red GM product.
    DC71F98D-BFAD-45F7-A8D7-8F0CF0A7C34A.jpeg
    Also, anyone had good luck turning rotors? The GMC has warped a set in under 35k miles and im wondering if they would just warp again after i turned them

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Small town living sure is nice... (as is being retired) Here lately, with the nice weather, this old thing has been my daily.

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

Papa, and Nana, even took the little ones to the splash pad today... IMG_3702.JPG

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom