IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    "Rage quitting," the new thing.

Thank you for the lockdowns... :n00b:

Nothing new, this has been happening forever with the constant "performance pressure" from the corporate level on down to the "Joe & Jolene" on the front line. Greed and profits are the driving factor. Covid only high lighted it and not the real reason for it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nothing new, this has been happening forever with the constant "performance pressure" from the corporate level on down to the "Joe & Jolene" on the front line. Greed and profits are the driving factor. Covid only high lighted it and not the real reason for it.
    Well, I'm going to have to disagree to a point. The stimulus checks and the "enhanced" unemployment pay has exacerbated the problem.

I'm constantly amazed at the lack of customer awareness in some businesses, from fast food to the gas station. I visited one of each in the past couple of days and the employees were just BS'ing with each other (very loudly) and barely noticed that I was at the counter waiting to purchase something. To employees like that, if they "rage quit"? I'd say, "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, I'm going to have to disagree to a point. The stimulus checks and the "enhanced" unemployment pay has exacerbated the problem.

I'm constantly amazed at the lack of customer awareness in some businesses, from fast food to the gas station. I visited one of each in the past couple of days and the employees were just BS'ing with each other (very loudly) and barely noticed that I was at the counter waiting to purchase something. To employees like that, if they "rage quit"? I'd say, "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."
    Basically a lot of these people know they have employers over a barrel. Little do a lot of them know, getting fired or walking out/quitting your job disqualifies you from un-employment unless you can prove just cause.

Things will start changing a lot now that the free ride and +$$$'s are being eliminated.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Spouse and I went to Bob Evans in Marion this morning. It was hectic for sure in there. The waiter we had seems like a good kid. He has served us in the past.

Some guy walks in and is instantly tired of waiting. He says can't I just go find a table on my own, which was said in a gruff manner. The server told him that it would be a five minute wait so they could get the tables cleared. Someone at another table said it looked crazy in there and the server mentioned that he had to come in and open with the manager this morning. They were the only two that showed up.

I have heard others at the restaurant in the recent past talking about people just not showing up, showing up late or calling off with no notice all the time. They can't get people to come in and work. It's a shame. This kid was busting his hump trying to get everybody taken care of. While I would have liked an extra cup of coffee he did a good job. He was tipped very well. We made sure we called him over and gave him the money. Didn't want someone else to show up and take it. I also thanked him for taking care of us. He seemed to appreciate it and the wife (who handled the money) was happy as well.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While neither COVID, nor the businesses destroyed are amusing, one thing is.

One group calls just about every business that shut down during COVID, even if they were on their way out beforehand, "killed by COVID".

Most of this same group look at the death counts and say that people who were very sick and going to die soon were NOT killed by COVID because they had comorbidities.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    While neither COVID, nor the businesses destroyed are amusing, one thing is.

One group calls just about every business that shut down during COVID, even if they were on their way out beforehand, "killed by COVID".

Most of this same group look at the death counts and say that people who were very sick and going to die soon were NOT killed by COVID because they had comorbidities.

There have been businesses close, not because of COVID, it was because of REGULATIONS put in place. But a vast majority of those was already teetering on the edge, hanging onto the last 6 inches of rope they had, other words, they was going to close, they was already in financial ruin. They was just holding out till the bitter end hoping for a miracle that never came and the battle cry became "We/They had to close because of COVID."

I'm not a medical doctor, nor have I played one in a TV series or stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, so I not going to say this or that persons death resulted in COVID or not.

Businesses that I disputed, I knew they was already in trouble way before it happened.

Top Bottom