• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Again, and again and again...

Even though we have tried and tried to tell the MF'er to stop his power trip and do his job...

Is our tax money being used so this POS can sue our legislature that has clearly spoken? Twice, overriding the power monger's veto?
    Well, part of his job is to deal with pandemics, so...

Any new closures?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thoroughly believe in a check to a governor's power as to emergency orders- even when the legislature is not in session. Therefore, I support the new law, on principle, even though I don't have a lot of criticism for the governor over the past year.

...but these legislators who want to grandstand on this issue- did they every ask the governor to call the legislature into session? Don't we think that if there was public pressure to call them into session that he very well may have?

However, we will never know because no legislators applied any pressure. Some apparently believed that criticism without actually having to cast a vote on the restrictions was more beneficial to them...but maybe not us.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thoroughly believe is a check to a governor's power as to emergency orders- even when the legislature is not in session. Therefore, I support the new law, on principle, even though I don't have a lot of criticism for the governor over the past year.

...but these legislators who want to grandstand on this issue- did they every ask the governor to call the legislature into session? Don't we think that if there was public pressure to call them into session that he very well may have?

However, we will never know because no legislators applied any pressure. Some apparently believed that criticism without actually having to cast a vote on the restrictions was more beneficial to them...but maybe not us.
    Are you so sure about that? If they wanted to be called into special session about covid there is only one direction that they’d be heading. I don’t think the governor would call them into session to risk losing that power.

OTOH, I doubt the general assembly would do it anyway. This is probably theater.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are you so sure about that? If they wanted to be called into special session about covid there is only one direction that they’d be heading. I don’t think the governor would call them into session to risk losing that power.

OTOH, I doubt the general assembly would do it anyway. This is probably theater.
    I know that no one even tried to get the legislature called into session. Like I said, we'll never know because no one even made the case.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why was that requirement ever repealed to begin with??

I guess the thinking was, if you lost your job because the government made your employer shut down, and maybe they didn’t want you to go around spreading your germs looking for work, then the responsibility on them. Or they wanted people to warm up to the idea of basic income so why make them look for a job?

Either way.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good for the "red" counties, but won't make a difference here in Marion County. They'll keep us locked down and masked.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Unfortunately there are more "thems" than "me's". :(
    Yes. I'm sorry about that my friend.

Sorry for the rest of us in the state also, as these woke liberal areas dictate policy not only in the local county, but bleed over to the administration of the state in many ways. (Hence the reason for this thread.)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Get rid of the "extra" unemployment payments and start requiring people to prove they are looking for work (again) for unemployment and we'll see this little crisis evaporate.
    Strangely our new president just mentioned this, addressing the nation.

A realization that the terrible jobs report may just be an indicator?

Top Bottom