• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    According to gubmint statistics, it would make sense. Chi Chi’s actually died of something else but it tested positive for the ‘Rona so it gets counted.
    Well heck why stop there, The Tee Pee closed in 1984, they took a soil sample of the old site to determine it also had died of Rona in 1984. Guess we need to blame Reagan for the Rona instead of Trump.

And why is VCU being pulled from the tourney being classified HERE as a "Official Business Destroyed"

VCU is not a business, their opponent advanced in their place.

One of the two teams was going home any way after the first round, so no local financial impact was created.

Shelia's Bakery closed in Mooresville this last week, let's blame that on Covid. No we can't, why? Because they closed the doors on their old business location and re-opened in a new larger location because they was putting a great product on the shelves and needed a larger location with better access.

Does anybody see some of the cra cra here?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FatherlyVerifiableCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

The forfeiture of that game has nothing to do with Business's destroyed by the lock down.

N O T H I N G NOTHING

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Okay, forget the argument that it’s not relevant to this thread. Is it that you think the players really didn’t have covid? Or do you think that even with covid they should get to okay anyway? You posted the link without comments. What is so mind-blowing here? I guess I don’t speak fluent INGO sometimes. Maybe someone can translate for me.

What is your point? I mean, if it’s that it sucks that the team couldn’t continue in the tournament, ya, I agree, it’s tough luck. I imagine they’re all disappointed. But then if it’s only that, IB has a point. It’s more relevant in another thread.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Posting your thoughts is a lot more direct and informative than posting links. The links do not answer the questions I have. I still don't know what your point is beyond a basketball team being ousted from the tournament because players tested positive for Covid.

One of the articles brings up some points of potential controversy about how the players may have become infected with covid, but then quoted a conclusion by some officials that they don't really know how the players got infected.

The other link is a video of the coach expressing disappointment. Nothing shocking there.

So. Is your point that it's disappointing that a team got knocked out of the tournament because they tested positive? I mean. That's fine if it is that, because it's true enough. How is that relevant here? If you think there's something untoward about it, then explaining it would be more helpful than posting links without any commentary. And if that is the case, I'm just not seeing it. You'll need to explain it. I don't have a secret decoder ring for that.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Okay, forget the argument that it’s not relevant to this thread. Is it that you think the players really didn’t have covid? Or do you think that even with covid they should get to okay anyway? You posted the link without comments. What is so mind-blowing here? I guess I don’t speak fluent INGO sometimes. Maybe someone can translate for me.

What is your point? I mean, if it’s that it sucks that the team couldn’t continue in the tournament, ya, I agree, it’s tough luck. I imagine they’re all disappointed. But then if it’s only that, IB has a point. It’s more relevant in another thread.

There is no point and he knows it.

It seems his vision has blurred so much he can't differentiate between a business shuttering because of Covid or mismanagement.
    Yes there have been businesses that have had to closed because of Covid.

But a vast majority of those businesses already had the grim reaper not knocking on the door, but beating on it with a wrecking ball.
    Those businesses was going to go under irregardless of the pandemic and to blame it on COVID is pure asinine.

Fry's was one of those businesses where the wrecking ball was already in motion, they was closing and going down faster than the Russian sub K-19

The Stacked Pickle, the Reaper was at the door knocking, they had already closed some locations. Was placed on a cash only status by their liquor/beer distributors
    and their accountant had already had talks of how dire of shape they was in pre-pandemic.

Now he floats this :bs: out on raft about the VCU-Oregon game.

It's become a :stickpoke:game.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you're saying that you're upset that the A10 commissioner says that the cases didn't stem from the conference title game? :dunno:

If you'd like me to say you're saying something closer to what you're actually saying, it would help if you said something instead of posting links and expecting people to infer what's on your mind. I mean. What's wrong with just saying it? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no point and he knows it.

It seems his vision has blurred so much he can't differentiate between a business shuttering because of Covid or mismanagement.
    Yes there have been businesses that have had to closed because of Covid.

But a vast majority of those businesses already had the grim reaper not knocking on the door, but beating on it with a wrecking ball.
    Those businesses was going to go under irregardless of the pandemic and to blame it on COVID is pure asinine.

Fry's was one of those businesses where the wrecking ball was already in motion, they was closing and going down faster than the Russian sub K-19

The Stacked Pickle, the Reaper was at the door knocking, they had already closed some locations. Was placed on a cash only status by their liquor/beer distributors
    and their accountant had already had talks of how dire of shape they was in pre-pandemic.

Now he floats this :bs: out on raft about the VCU-Oregon game.

It's become a :stickpoke:game.
    Okay. Hold on. Here's where you're losing me. You seem to be taking the opposite extreme, that no businesses are being affected due to just covid, that if they go under during covid, they'd have gone under anyway. Kinda like the "only old people are dying; they'd have died anyway" argument.

My favorite theater is out of business and they were doing quite well financially before all this. They were making **** tons of money. Their business dried up immediately with shutdowns. It's fair to say that it was at least as much fear of covid keeping people away as it was being shut down for however many months that was. After restrictions lifted theaters all over opened, and many closed again because no one was going to theaters. But it does not sound to me like that's not what you're saying. I don't see how one can't acknowledge that covid has indeed prevented many businesses from doing any business, and that situation can't possibly be sustained long term by even solid businesses.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you're saying that you're upset that the A10 commissioner says that the cases didn't stem from the conference title game? :dunno:

If you'd like me to say you're saying something closer to what you're actually saying, it would help if you said something instead of posting links and expecting people to infer what's on your mind. I mean. What's wrong with just saying it? :dunno:
    All these links with no explanation is like trying to understand Lassie.

Top Bottom