• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm seeing a lot of supply issues. Just being nosey/curious, but do you mind sharing what you do? That's a **** load of envelopes lol

Not a problem. I'm a small printer in NWI. I go through (print on) about 25K envelopes of various types per month. We started in '85, and I've never seen shortages of materials in that whole time.

Not just envelopes, but many types of paper right now. The scary part is that much, if not most, paper supply in my industry is domestic production, so it's not like we're waiting on boats from China to unload.

Between lockdowns, over-testing, etc..., machines are sitting idle. It takes skilled craftsmen to run a machine that makes envelopes from rolls of raw paper, and skilled people to make rolls of raw paper, which I understand is the bottleneck right now.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Not a problem. I'm a small printer in NWI. I go through (print on) about 25K envelopes of various types per month. We started in '85, and I've never seen shortages of materials in that whole time.

Not just envelopes, but many types of paper right now. The scary part is that much, if not most, paper supply in my industry is domestic production, so it's not like we're waiting on boats from China to unload.

Between lockdowns, over-testing, etc..., machines are sitting idle. It takes skilled craftsmen to run a machine that makes envelopes from rolls of raw paper, and skilled people to make rolls of raw paper, which I understand is the bottleneck right now.

Interesting. I work in pharmacy...no one seems to be able to tell me the exact origin of the bottleneck. Some say logistics, others raw materials, packaging. Probably some combination of all I guess. Funny you mention paper products, one of our wholesalers is having a hard time getting us prescription labels in a timely fashion. Absolutely brutal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't looked at the numbers, but Planet Money is reporting a boom in new businesses in that last two years (kinda blows that whole "great reset" thing out of the water). And anecdotally, Fort Wayne seems to be doing great. Things are tough, but people seem to think this can't last forever, and carpe diem. There was one local business that opened right before things crashed... feel sorry for them, and tried to help them out...
    People started over 440 thousand businesses in June 2021. The sixteen-month period from March 2020 to June 2021 marked a record high for business startups.

Sidenote: I follow court preceding in various places - landlords are making a killing by selling their rentals to homeowners... and leaving the renters homeless.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    I haven't looked at the numbers, but Planet Money is reporting a boom in new businesses in that last two years (kinda blows that whole "great reset" thing out of the water). And anecdotally, Fort Wayne seems to be doing great. Things are tough, but people seem to think this can't last forever, and carpe diem. There was one local business that opened right before things crashed... feel sorry for them, and tried to help them out...

Sidenote: I follow court preceding in various places - landlords are making a killing by selling their rentals to homeowners... and leaving the renters homeless.

The great reset isn't exactly the total destruction of small business, more the middle class but its a takeover of businesses, either obey or die, Glenn Beck had a special on The Great Reset, I don't follow him entirely but he has some good shows now and a then, I suggest watching it for the one hour, its worth it and give a good understanding of it. or read Klaus Schwabs book on it, he is head of the WEF.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Maybe some of the startup biz's stem from the fact that many lost their job or otherwise left their job due to the Covidsanity and/or associated diktats. It's tough times for those of us that practice self-sufficiency and personal autonomy. I commend those that are making an effort to remain independent in the face of political tyranny. Make no mistake, dictating to a private citizen when they can go, where they can go and who they can be with, is nothing short of tyranny.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have been tempted to sell off a couple places. The market is crazy high right now, but long term I want to stay with what I have and continue renting to people.

I am hearing about some crazy rent adjustments too. Buddy of mine was talking yesterday about his aunt. Widowed, drawing SS only. Rent was $500 and she was barely making it. Now rent is $800.

One of my workers was saying that facebook areas on rentals are stating that people are getting $200 bumps.

It's crazy. Kind of wish I had less of a heart so I could start raising rents that fast to the new market value.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Rents go up, because how many people were allowed to NOT pay.
    I got lucky with that. Had one eviction during the moratorium. Wasn't covid related though. He liked to get a little too hands on with his lady friend.

Had another that was late and stated I should be happy to get anything with covid restrictions happening. But she was collecting her baby daddy's disability so there was no affect on her. She's gone now because of similar things.

Had a few people that were actually hurt a little by the shut downs. We worked things out. Most people realized that the restrictions were temporary and once dropped the landlords would remember.

I have heard horror stories though. Have also known of some landlords that nearly lost it all because of people playing the game. I guess I could have stopped making mortgage payments and been fine, except for my credit score. That's about all I have left.

I think rents, and housing in general, are going up because of all the prices and shortages in construction materials. People won't build new when a sheet of OSB goes from $7 to $50.

Then those people buy houses instead of building. Housing prices soar because there is a lack of available places. Then landlords start selling their homes instead of renting. Then rentals start soaring because there are none available.

All the while property taxes, insurance, labor and materials all climb.

It's amazing how circular it all is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got lucky with that. Had one eviction during the moratorium. Wasn't covid related though. He liked to get a little too hands on with his lady friend.

Had another that was late and stated I should be happy to get anything with covid restrictions happening. But she was collecting her baby daddy's disability so there was no affect on her. She's gone now because of similar things.

Had a few people that were actually hurt a little by the shut downs. We worked things out. Most people realized that the restrictions were temporary and once dropped the landlords would remember.

I have heard horror stories though. Have also known of some landlords that nearly lost it all because of people playing the game. I guess I could have stopped making mortgage payments and been fine, except for my credit score. That's about all I have left.

I think rents, and housing in general, are going up because of all the prices and shortages in construction materials. People won't build new when a sheet of OSB goes from $7 to $50.

Then those people buy houses instead of building. Housing prices soar because there is a lack of available places. Then landlords start selling their homes instead of renting. Then rentals start soaring because there are none available.

All the while property taxes, insurance, labor and materials all climb.

It's amazing how circular it all is.
    I think there are a lot of people these days that would just love for eviction restrictions saying permanently. Far left hates ownership of property especially when you make money off of it by renting it to other people. But if it's government owned public housing that's a different story.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Which bugs me, because then the same thing can be done again, later. It's not moot.
    And that's the argument in opposition. The repeatable nature of an event is a reason to make a ruling on the merits even if 1 specific event is over. However, they will most definitely make the "mootness" argument.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With the declared emergency ending now, when the the law ultimately (and inevitably) is challenged in court, look for a "mootness" argument.
    And that's the argument in opposition. The repeatable nature of an event is a reason to make a ruling on the merits even if 1 specific event is over. However, they will most definitely make the "mootness" argument.

As always sir, thank you so much for your professional input! (Even though it kind of sucks for governmental accountability.)

:ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To hell with mootness. I want precedent.

Top Bottom