The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    This field always provides good photo ops. It’s about that time again.

e763b7db8ba2589b32d4d334d60f633b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I see. I recognized the interior since I drive one. I had my doubts at first but is is much more comfortable and easier to drive than anything else I have driven, including the flashy Peterbilts.
    Yep. The back hinged visors give it away..

Funny story (Totally Fictional) ;). Unless the visor is left down and the driver gets out, they never see the forward facing side of it. So let's say a "buddy" writes a message on some paper that hypothetically says "DOT SUX" and the the driver goes through a scale house, their chances of getting pulled back may go WAY up.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I was looking through my archives emails and found this.

A fifteen year old Amish boy and his father were in a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

The boy asked, 'What is this Father?'
    The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, 'Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is.'

GetAttachmentThumbnail

While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair moved up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened, and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

They continued to watch until it reached the last number… and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order.
    Finally the walls opened up again and a gorgeous 24-year-old blond stepped out.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son.....

'Go get your Mother'

GetAttachmentThumbnail

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Dad getting his last haircut in March 2013. He had cancer and knew he only had a little while left. I was able to stay with him thoughout his hospice care. He passed away at home two months later, surrounded by family. Miss you Dad.
    Similar experience in 2014. I had no idea what hospice was before this, but I am so thankful for those people who helped us walk through this, enabling my Dad to die at home as he wished, passing away in the same room that his Dad passed away in 50 years earlier.
    May seem strange to some, but these thoughts and memories are a very real part of what keeps me grounded, and fights off the insanity. Very much a part of my "happy place", if such a thing does exist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's another feel good thing:

I was in Nashville, at a pizza joint, and my wife asked the waitress, "what pizza do you like?"

The response was, "I usually make my own with pineapple and ham."

I immediately gave that woman some respek knuckles.

DearNimbleAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif
    So there are TWO of you?

:runaway:

Top Bottom