• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    From the LEGAL INSURRECTION website => Zimmerman Redux | Merritt Landry | Louisiana Self-defense

Briefly, a 14 year old black male climbs over a security fence at 2am. The white male homeowner is alerted by his dog. The while male homeowner has a pregnant wife and child. The black youth is apparently seen reaching for something in his waistband (according to the story) so the white male shoots the black youth in the head.

Black youth is not (yet) dead.

The shooting occured yesterday 2:00AM Friday, July 26, 2013.

White male is charged with Attempted 2nd Degree Murder by the Louisiana prosecutor.

As per the website, the only "FACT" known are what have been reported in the media. And as per the website, some of those 'FACTS' may be outright falsehoods.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Not sure. I think the big thing behind Zimmerman was that it wasn't clear who started it. On one side we have Zimmerman attacked, on the other Trayvon walking down the street and getting shot. I support the first scenario, but I see how the other side reasoned.

This was pretty clear breaking and entering. Before the Zimmerman trial I doubt it would get any attention, but I'm wondering if they won't try to spin this just to keep the race tensions going.

Let's wait and see how this pans out. If the kid was unarmed he may still get charged as the jury may not see it as actual self-defense.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    But we have to look at this case through Louisiana law. Landry was inside, safe, and chose to grab a gun and confront the thief outside. The prosecutor is going to do his best to hang him out to dry for going out to confront the kid. Looks like Indiana laws may be more lenient than the Louisiana law on defending not only yourself/property.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Noooo. Not this again. Brace for headline "white male who's wife may have pregnant with a black child shoots unarmed black teen in cold blood".

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Louisiana’s castle law permits the use of physical force to protect one’s self and property from “forcible crimes” and the use of deadly force in situations where circumstances are sufficient “to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.” The statute has a “stand your ground” clause in that it does not require victims to retreat before using force, whether they’re inside their home or any other place they have a right to be.

I don't know what a forcible crime is exactly, but I am sure that at 2am and climbing a locked fence, the teen wasn't going to ask to borrow a couple eggs.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If they have a castle doctrine and a stand your ground law, it was self defense. That stupid kid had no business jumping into someone else's yard at 2 am. But he was black so it's ok.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    There isn't enough facts as of yet for me decide if the homeowner did the right thing or not. Not that it is for me to decide anyways. Now with the info we have so far it seems that the kid was just in his yard and not in his house. Was the kid armed?

I will say this, nothing I own is worth any ones life. And I mean nothing. If he shot the kid to merely protect his property shame on him. If he did it to protect his own life or a family members life that is understandable.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There isn't enough facts as of yet for me decide if the homeowner did the right thing or not. Not that it is for me to decide anyways. Now with the info we have so far it seems that the kid was just in his yard and not in his house. Was the kid armed?

I will say this, nothing I own is worth any ones life. And I mean nothing. If he shot the kid to merely protect his property shame on him. If he did it to protect his own life or a family members life that is understandable.

My stuff is worth more to me than some douchebag thiefs idea that he is entitled to my stuff. A thief can cripple your life if he steals the right things from you. Think about that for a minute. If a thief steals any of my vehicles and trashes them I am screwed.

Top Bottom