• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    It could be argued that the head shot is not a reactionary shot.. That took some aiming... and just 1 round fired? sorry.. that doesn't sound like self-defense to me...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Come on.. this ain't your first rodeo... you know good and well that if the cops did it they'd be cleared of any wrongdoing...

I didn't ask what would happen, I asked "What's the difference?" NO PD keeps a .25 handy to plant on suspects isn't where I'm going either.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What we have here is a criminal or stupid joy seeker who happens to be Black and a home owner/defender who happens to be White.

The kid had no reason to be in that yard, whatsoever and the homeowner MAY not have had a right to protect his property and possibly his life and family. I see a real problem here and the skin color of the individuals is not it.
    You and I are in total agreement.

The question is, will the MEDIA blow this out of proportion in the same way they created the mess in Sanford, Florida?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You and I are in total agreement.

The question is, will the MEDIA blow this out of proportion in the same way they created the mess in Sanford, Florida?

Why wouldn't they? It's getting attention here just from the headline. Why wouldn't they follow the same and blueprint as last time? If course they will say the uproar isn't their fault. After all, they are only reporters. White people will say it's the fault of the media, race baiters and racist Blacks. Blacks will say it's being publicised because of systematic bigotry and racism in the media and our society in general.

I don't give the media too much opportunity to feed me. My question is, how much will INGO blow this out of proportion?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Why wouldn't they? It's getting attention here just from the headline. Why wouldn't they follow the same and blueprint as last time? If course they will say the uproar isn't their fault. After all, they are only reporters. White people will say it's the fault of the media, race baiters and racist Blacks. Blacks will say it's being publicised because of systematic bigotry and racism in the media and our society in general.
    Its getting attention here because I chose to write a headline to garner attention. The media uproar may not occur in this case if they look at the fact that the kid climbed onto private property. Or the fact that the kid's brother says he is a young thief. Its hard to turn this kid into a saint. On the other hand, it appears, at least in Louisiana law, the MSM will get a conviction of a white man for shooting a black kid.

I don't give the media too much opportunity to feed me. My question is, how much will INGO blow this out of proportion?
    Hopefully people here will look at the facts. I've tried to provide the facts, but we are very limited at this time to some minimal media reports, Legal Isurrection's post, and our amature interpretations of the Louisiana law.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What we have here is a criminal or stupid joy seeker who happens to be Black and a home owner/defender who happens to be White.

The kid had no reason to be in that yard, whatsoever and the homeowner MAY not have had a right to protect his property and possibly his life and family. I see a real problem here and the skin color of the individuals is not it.

hand-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bravo Que, could not have said it any better myself.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Grabbing a gun to go outside and check out what is happening is prudent. I've done it and will continue to do it. If someone is there, I would definitely do something to let them know I was there. Probably by saying what are you doing, can I help you, or get the hell out of here. But, if they continued forward, responded threateningly, or didn't answer all bets are off. I probably wouldn't shoot immediately if the latter response is in play, but the alert level would go up. The other responses...shooting is at the top of the list.

You might want to rethink that,
    if there is more then 1 they could take care of you pretty quickly and gain entry to your home and whatever or whoever is inside.

The police work for me and I let them take care of my light work, unless someone is being harmed I will call them and stay inside my house.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    OK. . . .
    I think it also is telling that the neighbor who saw the kids on the bikes at 0144 hrs did not call police "for fear of profiling" (paraquote)... That should have been the absolute last thing on his/her mind. . .Blessings,
    Bill

Small correction. The neighbor saw one of the kids riding his bike at about 8:00 pm, which should be daylight. The security camera video showed the two riding bikes at 1:44 am. Deciding not to call the cops about a kid riding his bike at 8:00 in evening seems like a reasonable call to me, even though he apparently was "looking at houses" all things considered.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Even if the parents allowed the kid to be out, I would suspect there are some kind of curfew laws on their books. We need to get to the point where people -- even those who believe they are grown enough to be out at all times of night and especially criminals -- should know they can die if they do certain foolish things.

Unless there is evidence that showed the kid was lured into the fence by the homeowner, hopefully the prosecutor will use common sense discretion and choose not to prosecute this case.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    Man oh man...

After I've already spent my day commenting on Mr.Conservative with my anti-Trayvon support and pro-Zimmerman, this is just bad. We have a MAJOR bandwagon president that will completely love to use this to his advantage.

Remember, Trayvon would be what Obama's theoretical son would have looked like. I'm sure this 14 year old would have been, too - just waiting for our pres. to declare it.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I would think that if the Louisiana castle doctrine extends to curtilage, and the kid was in a fenced in area in the driveway, near the house, the homeowner should not be charged.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Man oh man...

After I've already spent my day commenting on Mr.Conservative with my anti-Trayvon support and pro-Zimmerman, this is just bad. We have a MAJOR bandwagon president that will completely love to use this to his advantage.

Remember, Trayvon would be what Obama's theoretical son would have looked like. I'm sure this 14 year old would have been, too - just waiting for our pres. to declare it.

Maybe Trayvon and this kid ARE Obama's sons...illegitimate kids he doesn't want to outright claim...that's the only reason to say something like that when you're the POTUS right?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It could be argued that the head shot is not a reactionary shot.. That took some aiming... and just 1 round fired? sorry.. that doesn't sound like self-defense to me...
    So if you're under attack and you fire once and the bad guy drops... Upon inspection you see in the heat of the moment/under the adrenaline you shot them in the face/head...

Do you:
    a. shoot them some more so it doesn't look like pre-meditated murder that wasn't "reactionary"?
    b. thank your creator that you survived the encounter?

If you answered "a" you're wrong.

People seem to believe that bullets are a one-shot-stop when in reality usually they are not, however, if you shoot somebody in the face be it an aimed shot or accident - it's quite likely that they will drop quickly and it will be readily apparent more shots are not necessary.

I would try to avoid creating facts so that you can speculate [i.e. "That took some aiming..."].

Top Bottom