• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ya I’d imagine after a while I’d be like I am on video games when I get bored. Just mash the gas and see how far we make it.

My employer would have frowned upon that. :lmfao:

On the flip side, I taught 2 people how to drive manual transmission that day. 1500ft-lbs of torque makes it pretty easy to learn.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My employer would have frowned upon that. :lmfao:

On the flip side, I taught 2 people how to drive manual transmission that day. 1500ft-lbs of torque makes it pretty easy to learn.
    Surprising how many people can’t drive manual. I think all cars should be manual, even self driving lol. Why? **** em, that’s why. (I’m kinda grumpy today)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Surprising how many people can’t drive manual. I think all cars should be manual, even self driving lol. Why? **** em, that’s why. (I’m kinda grumpy today)

Ehhh... I've exclusively been rowing my own shifts since 2005-ish and I finally added one automatic to the fleet. I'll never be without one manual, but I'm thinking the days of me returning to autos are approaching.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, yes, BUT...

Time comes for us all eventually. You lose a disc or two in your lower back and can't drive yourself in for medical care and you start to think about things in a different way. That's one of the reasons I want our shiny metal overlords to hurry up and take over already.

View attachment 156039
    Been there. Had such incredible back pain I was screaming each time I had to shift.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Been there. Had such incredible back pain I was screaming each time I had to shift.

I couldn't even put my foot on the clutch to get the thing started.

Several days later when I finally could drive myself around again, I was floating the gears most of the time.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Its funny how that never comes up with all the environmental regulations. Manuals are up to 15% more fuel efficient.

But of course the environmental regulators would never suggest anything that require themselves to change, its the evil other guy that has to change their habits

Anyway, wasn't this thread about gaming? Anyone play Fallout 76?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Nowadays I'm more into RPG's than anything else. I don't play anything else. I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series and love those games and I like the Diablo like action RPG's as well. I don't like party based or turn based RPG's, which is a shame because there seem to be a ton of these type of RPG's on the market, while I'm waiting on the next Elder Scrolls game to be released. I play occasionally. The last game I really, really enjoyed was Grim Dawn. Quality games that I like are few and far between. I'm playing some aRPG right now one or two nights a week and don't even remember the name. It's somewhat fun, but I just can't seem to get into it. The Elder Scrolls games and games like that suck me in and I'll play for hours at a time, but I just haven't found anything that has sucked me in like that in quite a while now.
    If you like Diablo and Grim Dawn, I'd recommend Kingdoms of Amalur. It definitely has a similar feel plus one of the designers was involved with Elder Scrolls IV. It was probably one of the last 3-4 games I actually finished as I tend to play a lot in a short amount of time then take long breaks. I really enjoyed Grim Dawn but got distracted with something else and never finished it. You might also like the Middle Earth games, Shadows of Mordor and Shadows of War. They both mix RPG elements with storytelling, action and fighting elements. Shadows of War has some light strategy elements as well and is a bit more into the RPG aspect.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Played missile command in the 1980's.
    DOE computer. I always got vaporized.

CopperheadL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Seymour
    I used to play modern warefare 2, whatever cod was the first zombies, forza 3?, and GTA 4 online and was pretty competitive. Then i turned 15 and got a job and realized money was more fun that xbox lol. Deadrising 1&2 are pretty entertaining to this day lol. Pretty much run around a mall and kill zombies with anything any everything.

Just looked up Tropico. Looks like a Civilization rip off lol
    tropico is a lot of fun, you manage and island as a dictator,

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Wife knocked it out of the park with my birthday gift this year. Completely surprised me with this after I had several failed attempts at getting one myself. Been playing "Spiderman: Miles Morales" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just upgraded "Ghost of Tsushima" to the PS5 directors cut and its gorgeous on this thing.

1630986489686.png

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    My gripe is always that games are becoming rushed to release and almost all the ones online are pay to play or you can't compete. I miss the good old days where the gameplay was put above all else. I'd rather have a game with simple graphics and good game play. I'm down to barely even playing cod.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just installed a second M.2 SSD in my computer the other day and have it setup with Linux Mint. I get really tired of Windoze sometimes. Got it all setup the way I like and was pleasantly surprised that the RPG I've been playing lately, Last Epoch, is Linux compatible. Installed it via Steam and have been playing away the last couple of days with no issues. It's a bit laggier then it is in Windoze unfortunately, but it runs well enough to enjoy it.

bcod151

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    LA PORTE
    Wife knocked it out of the park with my birthday gift this year. Completely surprised me with this after I had several failed attempts at getting one myself. Been playing "Spiderman: Miles Morales" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just upgraded "Ghost of Tsushima" to the PS5 directors cut and its gorgeous on this thing.

View attachment 157107
    Very nice. Been wanting to find a ps5 im sure you are pleased. Happy Birthday!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Its funny how that never comes up with all the environmental regulations. Manuals are up to 15% more fuel efficient.

But of course the environmental regulators would never suggest anything that require themselves to change, its the evil other guy that has to change their habits

Anyway, wasn't this thread about gaming? Anyone play Fallout 76?

I have a friend at work that plays 76 and he says that after all of the updates it's apparently a decent game. I have not played it myself (despite being a huge fallout fan) I don't like the online aspect. Much more of a single player game person myself

How did cyberpunk turn out?

I platinumed it (play station 100% completion) and very much enjoyed the game. That being said if I didn't have a PS5 it would have been a mess , at launch the game crashed at least once an hour. But the updates have generally fixed those issues.

Despite looking fantastic 2077 feels a bit empty compared to games like F04 or RDR2 with side quests having little impact on the overall story. Hopefully CDPR knocks the DLC out of the park but I don't have high hopes. Definitely worth $20~ if you like RPG games and the cyberpunk genre.

Also Congrats and happy birthday jfed! I would recommend getting the PlayStation app for your phone. I think being able to download games on the PS5 from your phone is one of the cooler features (along with the adaptive triggers they are amazing).

Top Bottom