The military is being intentionally undermined and disassembled. Illegals intended to backfill gaps created.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You know, it's kind of sad. I've been reading through the Old Testament for the past few months and the same sort of conduct that got the Northern Kingdom of Israel hauled off to Assyria is happening to us here in this country. "America" has the line "God shed his Grace on Thee . . ." We, as a nation, have been blessed in so many ways over our history, but the history of Israel/Samaria shows us what can happen if we turn our faces from Him.

EDIT:

And for non-Christians, I think I can make an argument that such behaviors as infanticide, pedophilia, rampant homosexuality, etc., may, by themselves, lead to the destruction of a society, even if Divine Retribution is taken off the table. Certainly other nations and societies, once they've gone down the road of personal corruption and societal corruption, have failed over time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And for non-Christians, I think I can make an argument that such behaviors as infanticide, pedophilia, rampant homosexuality, etc., may, by themselves, lead to the destruction of a society, even if Divine Retribution is taken off the table.
    One need only look at the history of the Roman Empire.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You know, it's kind of sad. I've been reading through the Old Testament for the past few months and the same sort of conduct that got the Northern Kingdom of Israel hauled off to Assyria is happening to us here in this country. "America" has the line "God shed his Grace on Thee . . ." We, as a nation, have been blessed in so many ways over our history, but the history of Israel/Samaria shows us what can happen if we turn our faces from Him.

EDIT:

And for non-Christians, I think I can make an argument that such behaviors as infanticide, pedophilia, rampant homosexuality, etc., may, by themselves, lead to the destruction of a society, even if Divine Retribution is taken off the table. Certainly other nations and societies, once they've gone down the road of personal corruption and societal corruption, have failed over time.
    Do we feel the same with practicing Christians that have those behaviors?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Do we feel the same with practicing Christians that have those behaviors?
    Of course we do. The thing to get our heads around is that we ALL do something wrong, sometime - and it's all the same in God's eyes. The thing is, just because we know everyone sins, we're not supposed to get comfortable with that fact and even support those who "do wrong." And we, as a society, have gradually gotten comfortable with some really destructive "wrongs," to the point that we either half-way denounce them, or ignore them. The fact that adults have not confronted those wrongs in their children for many decades now has led us to where we are today.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Of course we do. The thing to get our heads around is that we ALL do something wrong, sometime - and it's all the same in God's eyes. The thing is, just because we know everyone sins, we're not supposed to get comfortable with that fact and even support those who "do wrong." And we, as a society, have gradually gotten comfortable with some really destructive "wrongs," to the point that we either half-way denounce them, or ignore them. The fact that adults have not confronted those wrongs in their children for many decades now has led us to where we are today.
    Well, thanks for responding.

What are these things 'wrongs' that are in your opinion destructive?

As a parent of two productive sons that both left home before 18, next month to be 23 &25,
    I worried about my house.
    Unless my neighbors impact me, I dont worry about my neighbors home.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    In my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the systematic destruction of the nuclear family through easy divorce, unrestricted welfare programs, abortions, the easy acceptance of homosexuality as a lifestyle rather than as an aberration. Our casual approach to life that leads to a loss of respect for life which we are beginning to see manifested as the increasing tendency of young people to kill one another or just strangers for either notoriety or our of just plain nihilism (EDIT) AND the decreasing respect for life in general from conception to natural death.

And this decay of the good set of traditional American values - the nation was never perfect, but it strove to be perfected - we also see the loss of morality in our elected representatives and in government in general. America as it was founded can't survive much more of this.

The problem with the attitude: "as long as it doesn't affect _me_, I don't care" is that it flies in the face of the adage "evil triumphs when good men do nothing."

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’ll be honest, the army has changed dramatically in the almost 6 years I’ve been in. Even talking to young privates, it sounds like basic is much more mild, and the days of getting smoked until you get it right are rapidly passing.

The military as a whole is still a great organization, but that’s largely due to the more senior guys trying to fight against the changes. BLC is no longer tactically based at all, instead favoring classes on the “new way” of doing things.

BBI, I hope your son loves his time in the military as much as I have. At the same time, I’m happy to be getting out, particularly before my beliefs come into further conflict with army policy and get me in trouble.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

EDIT:

Yea, because good moral christians never do any of that. :nono:
    You know why adult stores and gentlemen clubs have parking in the rear?

For those good moral christians to park, where they cant be seen going in.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yea, because good moral christians never do any of that. :nono:
    You know why adult stores and gentlemen clubs have parking in the rear?

For those good moral christians to park, where they cant be seen going in.
    I'm not sure if you're saying that because Christians are human - and thus sinners - that they have to accept moral wrongs "because everybody does it," or if you think the fact that such things exist and people are lured into doing wrong because of them makes those wrongs acceptable, but that's faulty thinking.

60 years ago, I know from my own personal knowledge that "adult stores" were relegated to the unsavory parts of towns and strip clubs - when you could find them - were relegated to the same status. Sure, they existed, but the community in general opposed them and, more importantly, they didn't have a particularly widespread negative effect on the nuclear family. Likewise, sex outside of marriage resulting in babies was not only frowned upon, but it resulted in marriage, more often than not, and since the concept of divorce was either unknown or severely inhibited by the community in general, again the nuclear family was preserved.

The important point here is that our society, as a whole, frowned upon immorality and that social prohibitions effectively limited what levels of immorality most people would accept in their community. Unfortunately, the erosion of the fundamental values that existed at the foundation of this nation have eroded over time, and have accelerated over the past 30 years or so.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm not sure if you're saying that because Christians are human - and thus sinners - that they have to accept moral wrongs "because everybody does it," or if you think the fact that such things exist and people are lured into doing wrong because of them makes those wrongs acceptable, but that's faulty thinking.

60 years ago, I know from my own personal knowledge that "adult stores" were relegated to the unsavory parts of towns and strip clubs - when you could find them - were relegated to the same status. Sure, they existed, but the community in general opposed them and, more importantly, they didn't have a particularly widespread negative effect on the nuclear family. Likewise, sex outside of marriage resulting in babies was not only frowned upon, but it resulted in marriage, more often than not, and since the concept of divorce was either unknown or severely inhibited by the community in general, again the nuclear family was preserved.

The important point here is that our society, as a whole, frowned upon immorality and that social prohibitions effectively limited what levels of immorality most people would accept in their community. Unfortunately, the erosion of the fundamental values that existed at the foundation of this nation have eroded over time, and have accelerated over the past 30 years or so.
    I tend to believe its you sir with the faulty thinking.

Kinna hypocritical at best your last few posts.

So we do not hate the sin but love sinner like a brother?

And a young high school woman makes a mistake one hot and heavy night with that thing called 'passion' that god gave us and she gets pregnant. So she then drops out of school and marrys the ahole she lost her virginity to.
    So she should then should spend the next 25 years raising aholes kids and be miserable the entire time.
    Another young lady also gets pregnant and she keeps the child, no education and what is she to do to provide for this child?
    She goes to work at PT's Showclub and grosses $1750.00 a week. And raises her child without ahole around not paying his child support.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

He can tell by driving by the cars which are driven by Christians and which are not.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd like to gross $1,750.00/week but without compromising my faith. I guess the love of money for some drives them to extremes.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Per NPR:​

NATIONAL

A three-star general was suspended by the Army after appearing to mock Jill Biden

The U.S. Army has suspended a former top spokesperson from a consulting position and put him under investigation after he posted a tweet appearing to mock Jill Bidenover a recent comment by the first lady on the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The tweet by retired Lt. Gen. Gary Volesky came in response to a June 24 statement posted to the first lady's Twitter account following the court's decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization.

"Glad to see you finally know what a woman is," Volesky responded, according to USA Today, which first reported the story. The tweet has since been deleted....

A mild tweet in my opinion, yet the hammer came down. Meanwhile LTC Vindmann was lauded for basically leaking secrets.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Per NPR:​

NATIONAL

A three-star general was suspended by the Army after appearing to mock Jill Biden

The U.S. Army has suspended a former top spokesperson from a consulting position and put him under investigation after he posted a tweet appearing to mock Jill Bidenover a recent comment by the first lady on the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The tweet by retired Lt. Gen. Gary Volesky came in response to a June 24 statement posted to the first lady's Twitter account following the court's decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization.

"Glad to see you finally know what a woman is," Volesky responded, according to USA Today, which first reported the story. The tweet has since been deleted....

A mild tweet in my opinion, yet the hammer came down. Meanwhile LTC Vindmann was lauded for basically leaking secrets.
    A retired 3-star working as a "Senior Mentor" so he was probably a contractor (advisory and assistance contract) not a slimy Lockheed-Martin type contractor. I was around a couple senior mentors back 20 years ago, one was a former 7th Air Force Commander (Korea) who'd retired maybe 5 years earlier. He was really cool and said what needed to be said, put profinity in Power Point slides because, he could. One of his favorite sayings was, "Unless we go to war with Mexico we'll need some more guys to do this..."

These guys don't work all that much in this gig (80 days/year IIRC,) General Volesky is probably back on the golf course.

FLOTUS ain't in the chain of command last time I checked...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I tend to believe its you sir with the faulty thinking.

Kinna hypocritical at best your last few posts.

So we do not hate the sin but love sinner like a brother?

And a young high school woman makes a mistake one hot and heavy night with that thing called 'passion' that god gave us and she gets pregnant. So she then drops out of school and marrys the ahole she lost her virginity to.
    So she should then should spend the next 25 years raising aholes kids and be miserable the entire time.
    Another young lady also gets pregnant and she keeps the child, no education and what is she to do to provide for this child?
    She goes to work at PT's Showclub and grosses $1750.00 a week. And raises her child without ahole around not paying his child support.
    What's your point, sir? Our actions have consequences and the consequences are ours to bear. Why would we condone the murder of an innocent baby because of something we did? And, while you gloss over the responsibility of the boy/man who fathered the baby, in the past it wasn't so; the father was expected to provide for both the mother and the child.

As it happens, avoiding intercourse until marriage isn't an impossible task; it merely requires a modicum of self-control - something which, unfortunately, we've failed to pass on to our children.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom