• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

My passwords are around 14 characters long upper and lower case letters, Numbers and symbols.
    They also are all random and do not have anything to do with my life.
    So I'm confident it won't Crack my passwords for a least 5 minutes....

So now what? Once this gets into the wrong hands if it hasn't already not much will be safe.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is almost as dumb as screwing around with deadly viruses…

“The passwords were taken from the RockYou dataset (which included passwords for Myspace and Facebook), which was hacked back in 2009. So it's training the AI with real passwords people have used, therefore "improving the quality of predicted passwords."

They are hell bent to create The Terminator…

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep. MFA is the only way now. And even with some methods like text they can spoof your sim card to get copies of your texts. So thats not even foolproof. (gotta use an app or OTP key)
    Well even more than password with MFA, actually doing away with the use of the password, so you are not even inputting it. I'm passwordless at work and on some of my personal accounts. More should offer it.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just maybe we need to stop this whole tech of tech sake. Go to the bank to do your business, like as for hundreds of years before...
    The horse is out of the barn on that, and we won't be going back. There's too much money being made.

But how about possibly making banks and others (especially credit reporting agencies, etc) accountable for when they allow data breaches to happen due to negligence.

Especially credit reporting agencies. They don't care about us because we are not their customers, we are their product. 99.9% of these breaches are avoidable. Real damages need to be assessed.

Also, banks, and credit reporting agencies and others need to get onboard with offering better security. Non SMS based MFA would be a great first step, and hey, how about being able to lock and unlock your credit report at will in a secure app vs having to fill out forms manually, and contact them, or pay them for the ability to even do so depending on what state you are in. But again, we're not their customer, we're their product.

The bad actors are not going to ramp down their use of technology. Fiduciaries and others should not either.

Banking still only offering SMS MFA is a complete joke.

Phone companies easily allowing porting of numbers by bad actors , when they could simply use some better practices to identify you, would be a great thing as well.

Don't even get me started on a static identification number used by the govt for you for life...

And passwords are garbage. No amount of complexity makes the outdated concept of a password any better.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    And passwords are garbage. No amount of complexity makes the outdated concept of a password any better.
    Not to mention the AI that will be used to crack Passwords a faster..

I wonder how long it will be before commercial quantum computers will be powerful enough to crack it all? I think, however long it is, it isn’t long enough.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

My passwords are around 14 characters long upper and lower case letters, Numbers and symbols.
    They also are all random and do not have anything to do with my life.
    So I'm confident it won't Crack my passwords for a least 5 minutes....

So now what? Once this gets into the wrong hands if it hasn't already not much will be safe.
    Gray man. Don't be interesting enough that those kinds of tools would be deployed against you

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    The horse is out of the barn on that, and we won't be going back. There's too much money being made.

But how about possibly making banks and others (especially credit reporting agencies, etc) accountable for when they allow data breaches to happen due to negligence.

Especially credit reporting agencies. They don't care about us because we are not their customers, we are their product. 99.9% of these breaches are avoidable. Real damages need to be assessed.

Also, banks, and credit reporting agencies and others need to get onboard with offering better security. Non SMS based MFA would be a great first step, and hey, how about being able to lock and unlock your credit report at will in a secure app vs having to fill out forms manually, and contact them, or pay them for the ability to even do so depending on what state you are in. But again, we're not their customer, we're their product.

The bad actors are not going to ramp down their use of technology. Fiduciaries and others should not either.

Banking still only offering SMS MFA is a complete joke.

Phone companies easily allowing porting of numbers by bad actors , when they could simply use some better practices to identify you, would be a great thing as well.

Don't even get me started on a static identification number used by the govt for you for life...

:soapbox:

JJ :)

Top Bottom