• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm usually carrying a leatherman charge TTI+ anymore these days. A knife is handy, but a toolbox in your pocket is even better.

I haven't left the house without a leatherman in approaching 20 years. I can't remember the last time I carried just a knife.

I have thought about carrying an additional knife more than once though.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I always carry a knife. Even here in Bahrain. People say "you can't carry that here in this country" and I always say "show me why I can't" Local police and military have never questioned me....

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Ran around with my grandpa a lot during childhood summers, he had an antique store and always had somewhere to be or something for us to go do. On more than 1 occasion he asked to borrow my knife, knowing full well I didn't have one, just so he could instantly respond with, "Oh, you peckerheads aren't allowed to carry knives anymore, I forgot." Have carried a knife every day since I graduated high school many years ago.

He passed away December 27th from internal bleeding/ Covid complications. Threw my knife in his coffin and told him to keep it. He also taught me how to shoot, bought me my first Red Rider and acted like it was a machine gun to not be taken lightly. Picked off a barn sparrow mid-flight on the first shot of our "hunting trip" in his old barn, he couldn't believe it. Miss him dearly already.

Last edited:

Bstarkey_46947

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    Indiana
    I always get asked for my pocket knife at Christmas to assist in opening a package. Carried a pocket knife since middle school and feel naked/lost without one. It a tool not a weapon.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I used to carry a three blade Schrade Old Timer. The made in the USA model, but it is such a good squirrel skinner I have retired it to those duties. I now carry an old Gerber folder that I bought at Lowe’s about 15 or more years ago. It is a bit thinner due to repeated sharpening but still usable and locks up well. I also carry a Mora kniv fixed blade, they are just sharp and light, I just wish they sold a left hand holster. As a reversal on previous posts, I once gave my dad an Old Timer for Father’s Day. I was in my forty’s by then, but he later told me that was the best gift I ever gave him and he seemed to use it daily. Warmed a son’s heart for sure.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I am on the younger end of posters here, knives were a no no when i was in school. Once in auto shop the teacher needed a knife for something, asked to borrow one and everyone looked around. He then said something about not getting in trouble and half of the class pulled out knives. I sometimes wonder how wood shop is going now that things have gotten much more strict. In the 00's it seemed like wood shop was on the verge of going instinct.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I got a Buck 112 with the fancy finger grooves for Christmas when I was around 10, I was proud to pass it to my second son upon graduation (first got his grandfathers watch from my dad and then me). Not the most practical knife for everyday carry and use but it sure was cool.
    We use Spyderco Endura 4’s and Gerber Warrant fixed blades hard, every day, these days.

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    I'm only in my mid 40s but I can't remember NOT carrying a knife even in middle school. But we also drove a tractor to school back then. Now I just carry a ZT456 and ZT121. Amongst carrying other things

Attachments

• 1612193135162366337505568357036.jpg
      1612193135162366337505568357036.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 7

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    If you find yourself in a tight spot and need some help, just ask the guy with the pocket knife. Although they are few are far between these days, chances are he can and will be able to lend a hand.

I have found this to be completely true. My grandfather carried one, my father carries one, I carry one, and my children carry one. It's my favorite Christmas gift to give.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I carry a small Schrade 3 blade folder everyday, for cleaning under fingernails, whittling, and small jobs.
    I also carry a folding razor knife made by Milwaukee.
    It locks shut, but I can push the release button and swing it open with a flick of the wrist.
    I carry it clipped to my pant pocket and at the ready.
    I can draw and deploy that blade faster than drawing a pistol and the blades are changeable so it's always sharp.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Nothing wrong with carrying a 3 blade Stockman pocket knife. Most work well for many tasks, and aren't really a tactical looking tool. I carry a small Buck 3 blade, and a cased 110 so 2 most times. Never been questioned or even draw attention.
    If I went to my son's school, I drop them in my glove box. Same with Dr appts.
    My Backup is usually a G45-5 9mm to my blades. Concealed of course.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    There are a surprising amount of gun people that don’t carry knives.

It’s just as useful as a gun, just different scenarios. I would argue more useful because it’s useful in everyday tasks. Opening boxes, cutting an apple, etc

People tend to frown when trying to open a bag of chips with a gun :dunno:

Top Bottom