• Status
    Not open for further replies.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    You don't want to **** off 3,000 year old people........

'The word "mummy" is not incorrect, but it is dehumanising, whereas using the term "mummified person" encourages our visitors to think of the individual.'

Hmmm... if you are genuinely worried about dehumanizing them, maybe don't remove them from their tombs and put them on display in a museum?
    Y'all STOLE them from their (supposed) final resting place, put them on display to the public, whom you CHARGE to gawk at them, and you are worried about a word?

Bless yur hearts.

There's an old joke that asks "Why are the Great Pyramids in Egypt?

"Because the British couldn't figure out a way to fit them in the Imperial Museum."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    “It was among several orders the 40-year-old former White House press secretary signed within hours of taking office office that were cheered by conservatives, including restrictions on teaching critical race theory in public schools and banning TikTok on state devices. The Latinx prohibition gives agencies 60 days to revise written materials to comply.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They require maintenance.
    Specialized maintenance.

Things are not just on the ground, and any joe blow off the street can work on them.
    Then again, I guess not just any joe blow can work on an electrical plant.
    BUT, the stuff is mostly where you can get to it. Not so much if it's at the top of the tower.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    “It was among several orders the 40-year-old former White House press secretary signed within hours of taking office office that were cheered by conservatives, including restrictions on teaching critical race theory in public schools and banning TikTok on state devices. The Latinx prohibition gives agencies 60 days to revise written materials to comply.”

LatinX is a ridiculous term for people who speak English as a first language:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I feel the same way about pronouns.

Pronouns are something for me to use when I don't give a squat what your name is. I choose the pronouns I want to use to refer to anything, that is called the English language.

Of course you can have your favorite pronouns, you can even make some up and you can love the squeek out of them - just don't expect any of that to have anything to do with me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Tax law is meant to be confusing, you can save money by hiring the people who likely helped write the code. They don't work for peanuts though, it's a great example of an industry that buys laws to enrich themselves. Check to see who is among Chuck Schumer's biggest donors.
    Absolutely. Do you know how much money Intuit spends to keep you from doing you're own taxes? If you buy TurboTax, they will use that money against you.

Me, I don't get paid, I just fill out 1040s for the love of it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    They require maintenance.
    Specialized maintenance.

Things are not just on the ground, and any joe blow off the street can work on them.
    Then again, I guess not just any joe blow can work on an electrical plant.
    BUT, the stuff is mostly where you can get to it. Not so much if it's at the top of the tower.
    When I left the fluid analysis lab they were getting into heavy grease testing. One of hte bigger contracts wear for some of these manufacturers. Apparently one of the issues they were running into was a contractor supplying the grease for the bearins on the base to turn the head into the wind was supplying an inferior product that was not rated for their use. Those huge balls of steel when not lubed don't roll well with all that weight on them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom