• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Here's an idea about how to fight against woke ideology. It's not my idea, it came from James Lindsey during a conversation with a woman who describes herself as "deprogrammed". The solution: don't fight it. Leave.

In your workplace, school/college/university, in your church, wherever you start hearing the buzzwords and language of insane social justice, when it has infected people to the extent that the purpose has now become purely anti-racist goals (by that I don't mean merely being not racist, but their definition) don't fight it. Leave. Leave the institution to fail on its own, which it probably will eventually after all the sane people are gone.

In the conversation James Lindsey was talking about the thousands of emails he's received since George Floyd's death. People talking about how work is now all about social justice. In one email a scientist wrote him and said his colleague told him that he doesn't see the point of working on projects when the real work should be anti-racism. They should just focus on that. Lindsey told him to leave and start up a company that competes with his former company and don't let any of that woke bull**** in. Eventually the "woke" company will not be able to compete. Well, non-compete agreements notwithstanding, the idea would work. It works in schools. Evergreen comes to mind. They've been bleeding enrollments since all that **** happened with Bret Weinstein leaving. Brain drain. If organizations lose all the sane people they can't survive. They'll either have to recognize the folly and correct it, or they can just ride that ideological ship all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I just rewatched Divergent with my wife last night. Wokeness and the identity movement is a lot like that movie, at least the first movie. Later, they inject a drug that turns people into mindless drones, but divergent people aren't susceptible. I see people all around succumbing to the insanity, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people, for whatever reason, appear to be immune to it. And then the drones turn on us. Even our own friends and family, unless we pretend to be woke too.

In the movie, divergent people have the attributes of all the factions, not just one of the factions. I'm not saying a movie proves a theory. Just that it kinda explains the theory. Okay, so if there's anything to Jonathan Heidt's moral foundations theory, maybe the people who are most susceptible to indoctrination have only developed one or two moral foundations, where people who tend not to be susceptible have developed all or most. I think conservatives are pretty immune because they tend to have been raised with a keen sense of reciprocity fairness (you earn your way, personal responsibility, reap what you sow, etcetera).
    Here's an idea about how to fight against woke ideology. It's not my idea, it came from James Lindsey during a conversation with a woman who describes herself as "deprogrammed". The solution: don't fight it. Leave.

In your workplace, school/college/university, in your church, wherever you start hearing the buzzwords and language of insane social justice, when it has infected people to the extent that the purpose has now become purely anti-racist goals (by that I don't mean merely being not racist, but their definition) don't fight it. Leave. Leave the institution to fail on its own, which it probably will eventually after all the sane people are gone.

In the conversation James Lindsey was talking about the thousands of emails he's received since George Floyd's death. People talking about how work is now all about social justice. In one email a scientist wrote him and said his colleague told him that he doesn't see the point of working on projects when the real work should be anti-racism. They should just focus on that. Lindsey told him to leave and start up a company that competes with his former company and don't let any of that woke bull**** in. Eventually the "woke" company will not be able to compete. Well, non-compete agreements notwithstanding, the idea would work. It works in schools. Evergreen comes to mind. They've been bleeding enrollments since all that **** happened with Bret Weinstein leaving. Brain drain. If organizations lose all the sane people they can't survive. They'll either have to recognize the folly and correct it, or they can just ride that ideological ship all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I just rewatched Divergent with my wife last night. Wokeness and the identity movement is a lot like that movie, at least the first movie. Later, they inject a drug that turns people into mindless drones, but divergent people aren't susceptible. I see people all around succumbing to the insanity, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people, for whatever reason, appear to be immune to it. And then the drones turn on us. Even our own friends and family, unless we pretend to be woke too.

In the movie, divergent people have the attributes of all the factions, not just one of the factions. I'm not saying a movie proves a theory. Just that it kinda explains the theory. Okay, so if there's anything to Jonathan Heidt's moral foundations theory, maybe the people who are most susceptible to indoctrination have only developed one or two moral foundations, where people who tend not to be susceptible have developed all or most. I think conservatives are pretty immune because they tend to have been raised with a keen sense of reciprocity fairness (you earn your way, personal responsibility, reap what you sow, etcetera).
    I suggest bringing to their attention that credible research is surfacing that indicates that people wrapped up in the various aspects of woke culture have been shown to be people with issues. Just like non-teens with orange/green/whatever colored hair are people with inner issues. Just ask them what their issues are? Lack of attention? Daddy issues? etc.

Attachments

• WSJ_CancelCulture_8Aug2022.jpg
      WSJ_CancelCulture_8Aug2022.jpg
      350.4 KB · Views: 6

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, it sounded pretty racist to me. I was just listening to a podcast about memetics, basically the phenominon of the spread of ideas from person to person, group to group. memetic capegoating was a big part of that conversation. In a way the inverse of that, in a bad way, is the living martyr.

Normally humans would rally against what they perceive as evil, like, say, a bully. The person saying overtly racist things, calling for violence against people. But that's not true of martyrs. Their bad behaviors are forgiven and/or forgotten. Claiming victim-,hood is a way, becoming a living martyr. As such, can get away with saying or doing things that you couldn't otherwise. As long as you stay the victim, you can be immune to the wrath of the mob, and even control it to some extent.

BLM was seen as defenders of the victims, and even victims themselves. Their leaders claimed victim-hood. The mob believed. BLM leaders called for violence. They said racist things. They blamed and singled out (scapegoated) white people. And they got away with it. Because they're victims. It wasn't until the leaders got caught living large--in other words, NOT being victims--that their shield of invincibility broke and the white knights stopped giving them money.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And wtf are a bunch of soy bois gonna do about it?

Do they not see the irony of telling a woman of color who she can or cant date based on the color of her skin? These people are the most blind racists ever.
    They’re going to ambush people when they have the numbers and then they’ll brutally attack them, just like they attacked the old lady in the wheelchair. And they’ll get away with it because Soros prosecutors are activists who agree with them. They don’t pull that **** in areas where they don’t have the numbers or cover of important sympathizers.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They’re going to ambush people when they have the numbers and then they’ll brutally attack them, just like they attacked the old lady in the wheelchair. And they’ll get away with it because Soros prosecutors are activists who agree with them. They don’t pull that **** in areas where they don’t have the numbers or cover of important sympathizers.
    Hopefully the next old lady in a wheelchair is packin and sends a few of those commie pricks to hell where they belong

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

“to remedy the continuing effects of past discrimination by the District”

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

“to remedy the continuing effects of past discrimination by the District”

Basically they want to bring back segregation. I guess that’s a solid solution in their minds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Rep. Lucas facing criticism over social media post with Nazi quote​

Idiot leftists are too stupid to know that this quote was directed at them. And not without reason IMHO.
    Every now and then the call must go out to swarm his page. And the shrill Karen’s do what they usually do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom