jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently Delta Airlines hasn't gotten the memo:

They seem to think there are only 2 genders! :drama:
    This one seems pretty easy to resolve. For people who have trouble deciding, their ticket sales website should have a help overlay that explains how to decide which option to choose. If the flyer has a ****, choose male. If a *****, choose female. For the rare cases where someone is deformed at birth, and actually has neither or both, pick either option.

Also, the form should say Sex and not Gender. Gender denotes a state of masculine or feminine. Sex is male or female. Aside from birth defects, sex is biologically binary. I don’t think the airlines care whether you feel masculine or feminine. For identification purposes you got a **** or you got a *****?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, you said that dick or ***** were the determinants, so...
    If I said it your way, I would be excluding whether you got a dick or a ***** surgically from the criteria. Sex is biologically binary regardless of how you’ve modified your equipment. The dick or ***** is just a vulgar way to refer to your biology, your chromosomes, the equipment you were born with, where the only exclusion from that would be the birth defects, the rare cases where your biology is ambiguous.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just curious, why does an airline even care which sex or gender you are?
    Identification? But, with the mixing of gender, it’s getting harder to tell sometimes. So is it that important for identification anymore? I’d say in terms of what official, immutable, letter is on your drivers license or passport, yeah. But how you compare that with the person you see standing in front of you on rare occasions? DL may say the person has a ****. But the person standing in front of you looks like he has a *****. You gonna check to see?

For the vast majority of people though, it usually turns out to be what everyone expects. It’s like the people who put their pronouns on their social media bio. For the relatively few people that even do it, it almost always follows the norm. All those virtue signalers put “he/him” or “she/her” and it follows their biology.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This one seems pretty easy to resolve. For people who have trouble deciding, their ticket sales website should have a help overlay that explains how to decide which option to choose. If the flyer has a ****, choose male. If a *****, choose female. For the rare cases where someone is deformed at birth, and actually has neither or both, pick either option.

Also, the form should say Sex and not Gender. Gender denotes a state of masculine or feminine. Sex is male or female. Aside from birth defects, sex is biologically binary. I don’t think the airlines care whether you feel masculine or feminine. For identification purposes you got a **** or you got a *****?
    Just replace 'male' and 'female' with XX and XY, no longer any wiggle room and reinforces that there are only actually two options

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose we could simplify further:
    Does your genotype contain a "Y" at all? Y/N

As the "Y" chromosome is phenotypically dominant, its presence will give a person the, err.... equipment. At least in all but the rarest of occasions (mutations in the Y chromosome preventing androgen expression).

I will agree. In today's world, sex/gender is fairly useless for ID. Unless we start rapid DNA tests. Phenotype is way too easy to obscure.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I suppose we could simplify further:
    Does your genotype contain a "Y" at all? Y/N

As the "Y" chromosome is phenotypically dominant, its presence will give a person the, err.... equipment. At least in all but the rarest of occasions (mutations in the Y chromosome preventing androgen expression).

I will agree. In today's world, sex/gender is fairly useless for ID. Unless we start rapid DNA tests. Phenotype is way too easy to obscure.
    Those fancy words will confuse all of Frontier Airline's customers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom