Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Indiana Black Legislative Caucus calls for implicit bias training for legislators​

From the link:
    "I fault myself that I allowed Rep. [Jim] Lucas to make me angry. I believe I control my own emotions and I lost control. And what he did was, he opened a wound," Smith said.

The Black caucus also called for implicit bias training for the whole chamber and for the lawmakers involved in the incident to be reprimanded."

Well gee... Maybe if they stopped voluntarily segregating themselves from the rest of the legislature by declaring themselves to be "The Black Caucus", they might feel more included. Never understood that whole black caucus thing. Race shouldn't be an issue... unless you want it to be, and then you declare yourself to be separate from everyone else. I don't imagine "The White Caucus" would be so well received.

And as far as "opening up a wound" goes, Mom always taught me that "if you don't stop picking at it, it will never heal." Seems like there are a lot of people picking at their wounds.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Indiana Black Legislative Caucus calls for implicit bias training for legislators​

From the link:
    "I fault myself that I allowed Rep. [Jim] Lucas to make me angry. I believe I control my own emotions and I lost control. And what he did was, he opened a wound," Smith said.

The Black caucus also called for implicit bias training for the whole chamber and for the lawmakers involved in the incident to be reprimanded."

Well gee... Maybe if they stopped voluntarily segregating themselves from the rest of the legislature by declaring themselves to be "The Black Caucus", they might feel more included. Never understood that whole black caucus thing. Race shouldn't be an issue... unless you want it to be, and then you declare yourself to be separate from everyone else. I don't imagine "The White Caucus" would be so well received.

And as far as "opening up a wound" goes, Mom always taught me that "if you don't stop picking at it, it will never heal." Seems like there are a lot of people picking at their wounds.
    "Implicit bias training" = workplace struggle session.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1614125888805.png

Okay, I'm having a little "white shame" here, but only because of the atrocious spelling and grammar. Apparently Canadian public schools are no better than our public schools. :facepalm:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like there is serious cash to be made in the "training" business, I wonder how those groups get picked for a job and what their credentials are?

Always follow the money

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I completed the training! I'm so proud! Going to print out the certificate and put it on the fridge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Madonna is worth $850 million.
    And is "oppressed".

153734709_10222442941016174_7109559658858798622_o.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yours or “her’s”?

Actually I was hoping to get your opinion on your administration’s performance in that regard.

I don't hear a denouncement... so I guess he agrees with it.
    Probably one the "more important" things he voted for we hear about all of the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom