• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah I thought being a star athlete meant one was on top of their game both mentally and physically. I never realized the mental game was actually separate from the physical game for an elite athlete and when one's mental game suffered that made you the best athlete ever.
    I just expect that in order to get to the elite level of olympic athlete, somewhere along the way they should have learned to put fear and failure behind them and to still believe in themselves even when any one performance is not optimal

I can't help but compare Simone Biles to Jesse Owens. Her problems don't seem quite in the same league. I cannot imagine Owens pulling out of Munich because the pressure got to him, and I believe that level of pressure would crush Biles in an instant

She should not expect the audience to want to know about or care about her 'struggle', save it for the memoir or the psychologists couch

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I dunno. Seems to me that an Olympic athlete who was sexually assaulted gets to have any of the associated emotional issues, without my consternation.
    Nassar's affiliation with USA Gymnastics ended in 2014. While I will allow that it can take a while for problems to work their way to the surface, how many tryouts and competitions has Biles been in since then

She had nothing to prove athletically, she had done it all. If she was feeling overwhelmed, step aside and let a more collected competitor have the spot. It just seems like she engineered the scenario in order to have a world-wide audience and is 'devastated' to find not many people care

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is the best explanation I can find of why she dropped out. Losing your focus twisting and turning in the air sounds like a really bad thing for a gymnast. Any athlete can get a mind block. This one just comes with a larger chance of injury than most.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is the best explanation I can find of why she dropped out. Losing your focus twisting and turning in the air sounds like a really bad thing for a gymnast. Any athlete can get a mind block. This one just comes with a larger chance of injury than most.

Well they put pads all over the place. She weighs what? 50 lbs? not like its a 400 lb mass coming to a sudden stop.

My dog can run on gravel where I fear to tread.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

The person that I heard speaking about this mentioned that this is a problem with pilots that can cause a plane crash.

It is a shame that everything has to be SJP (Social Justice Politicized) these days.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wasn't sure where to put this, so this seems like as good a place as any. Just got this in an email from Bud's Gun Shop.

Buds

America's #1 Online Retailer of Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories
    Shop Guns Shop Ammo My Account
    Having trouble accessing the BudsGunShop.com Facebook page?
    Facebook is utilizing an algorithm block that prohibits access unless responding to two pop-ups. Unfortunately, because this isn't something created by Buds, we have no control over its removal. It is likely this will remain indefinitely, but our page is still accessible!

To regain access and continue supporting Buds Gun Shop, click "Continue" and "See Results Anyway." The pop-up boxes will look similar to the ones below.

Don't let Facebook discourage you from staying up-to-date and in-touch with Buds and your 2nd amendment right. Be sure to follow us on Instagram so you don't miss anything!
    mail
    mail
    Join the NRA Today

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom