Turtles are cool.
    v67MH1D.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I know the name of the church doesn't always mean it's the same as other churches, but Mom and Dad (and me as a kid) were members of a United Church of Christ. It was what I would call a "white bread" church. Meaning bible-based, no extremes like some denominations, organ music and a choir as opposed to a rock band, no cameras and video feeds, etc.. Hope they haven't been infected.
    UCC is the ELCA of the Church of Christ world. Far left and falling in with all the "cool kid new stuff."

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Mom and Dad's church was formerly an Evangelical and Reformed church. Heavy German influence in the old congregation. They became UCC when they moved to their current building in 1964.
    DD, My religious roots go back over 100 years with the E&R church. About the same time, late 60's, they hooked up with ucc. Fast forward to year 2001, guest minister from Lansing hq filled in one Sunday. Radical feminist preaching from pulpit. Lots of angry members. Regular minister formed what was call a "Discernment Process", In depth look at our affiliation with ucc. Went on for 12 weeks. Very eye opening. At that time priority was placed on placing gay and lesbian ministers in churches. Ministers and spouses having open marriages. Policy positions that supported gun control, supported abortion, and suggested the Bible wasn't really the word of God. 40-50 members were always at these meetings from a church of 350. The group decided that ucc wasn't for us and brought it to a vote of the congregation. The uniformed hand wringers voted to stay. There is a lot more, but I've said enough for now. I did leave the church shortly after.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD, My religious roots go back over 100 years with the E&R church. About the same time, late 60's, they hooked up with ucc. Fast forward to year 2001, guest minister from Lansing hq filled in one Sunday. Radical feminist preaching from pulpit. Lots of angry members. Regular minister formed what was call a "Discernment Process", In depth look at our affiliation with ucc. Went on for 12 weeks. Very eye opening. At that time priority was placed on placing gay and lesbian ministers in churches. Ministers and spouses having open marriages. Policy positions that supported gun control, supported abortion, and suggested the Bible wasn't really the word of God. 40-50 members were always at these meetings from a church of 350. The group decided that ucc wasn't for us and brought it to a vote of the congregation. The uniformed hand wringers voted to stay. There is a lot more, but I've said enough for now. I did leave the church shortly after.
    I don't think any of that has happened (yet) at their church, but the last time I was there was for Mom's funeral service a year and a half ago. Dad was always active on the board there and I know for sure he would never have gone for any of the "new age" liberal nonsense. I would always OC whenever I went in recent years and nobody batted an eye. I suppose maybe it has to do with the age and makeup of the congregation as much as anything.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If our police are evolving anything like Vancouver’s, maybe we should defund them.

I have belated come to the realization that "the police are racist, defund the police" was never a bunch of crazy idealist wanting to get rid of the police, but was actually a brilliant plan to get rid of the police that don't fit the left-wing profile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom