JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess this is SJW?

In the article quoting reddit comments, people were criticizing the dad.
    In the yahoo comments, praising the dad.

My only problem that some family is airing their dirty laundry.

Pay for the car, or don't. Just don't tell the whole world.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I actually tried to eat at this establishment the evening that this happened, only to discover it was mysteriously closed. I now know the rest of the story. It seems to me like a strange combination of an over-reaction by the staff combined with a pretty stupid name for a drink by the manager. The article hints at a larger back-story with other allegations and claims made.

Sixteen employees walked out of Mela Kitchen in Mount Joy Township last Friday after allegedly learning the Core Theatre that operates out of the same site would be serving a cocktail called “the Caucasian.”

Former staff members claim to have attempted to share their concerns by email with Donald Hoffman, owner of Mela Kitchen at Jack’s Hard Cider, on Friday around 12:30 p.m.

In the email, Dietz claimed she and other staff members were “deeply uncomfortable” with the name of the Core Theatre’s cocktail special for Friday evening.

“Your team at Mela refuses to represent an establishment that is ok with this type of language,” Dietz wrote in the email.

“The Caucasian,” loosely based on a white Russian, would have included bourbon, bourbon cream, eggnog liqueur, and half-and-half, according to Madison Melton, a former shift manager of about a year and a half at Mela Kitchen.

“The Redneck Russian was an alternative name for it,” Melton alleged.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I actually tried to eat at this establishment the evening that this happened, only to discover it was mysteriously closed. I now know the rest of the story. It seems to me like a strange combination of an over-reaction by the staff combined with a pretty stupid name for a drink by the manager. The article hints at a larger back-story with other allegations and claims made.

Sixteen employees walked out of Mela Kitchen in Mount Joy Township last Friday after allegedly learning the Core Theatre that operates out of the same site would be serving a cocktail called “the Caucasian.”

Former staff members claim to have attempted to share their concerns by email with Donald Hoffman, owner of Mela Kitchen at Jack’s Hard Cider, on Friday around 12:30 p.m.

In the email, Dietz claimed she and other staff members were “deeply uncomfortable” with the name of the Core Theatre’s cocktail special for Friday evening.

“Your team at Mela refuses to represent an establishment that is ok with this type of language,” Dietz wrote in the email.

“The Caucasian,” loosely based on a white Russian, would have included bourbon, bourbon cream, eggnog liqueur, and half-and-half, according to Madison Melton, a former shift manager of about a year and a half at Mela Kitchen.

“The Redneck Russian was an alternative name for it,” Melton alleged.

And for this people walked away from a job? It's a marketing name given to a DRINK for heavens sake!

Where's that "easy times create weak men" meme when I need it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

2bd7eef23197f855678b97343700b197.gif

As soon as I seen the picture I know what it was. Have used, or seen them used for years to trim tree's when you don't have a bucket truck available.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Who was the one Nascar (I think) driver who claimed someone put a noose in his garage as a hate crime, but it turned out it was just a rope used to pull the door down, and had been there for years?

There was also a time here in Bloomington a few years ago when IU went into a panic because someone supposedly sighted a KKK member walking around campus with a "whip." Turned out to be a Dominican Friar with a Rosary.

It's all the result of the media telling people they are victims, but they never end up being victimized, so their brains invent crimes out of nothing to resolve the cognitive dissonance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who was the one Nascar (I think) driver who claimed someone put a noose in his garage as a hate crime, but it turned out it was just a rope used to pull the door down, and had been there for years?

There was also a time here in Bloomington a few years ago when IU went into a panic because someone supposedly sighted a KKK member walking around campus with a "whip." Turned out to be a Dominican Friar with a Rosary.

It's all the result of the media telling people they are victims, but they never end up being victimized, so their brains invent crimes out of nothing to resolve the cognitive dissonance.

• In 2020, NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace went ballistic over what he maintained was a noose in his Talladega Superspeedway garage — except the FBI concluded it was a "garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose" and had been there since October 2019, months and months before Wallace took over the stall.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015