• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I don’t think wokeness came in to schools because something had to fill a void left by the absence of religion. It came in as a progressive strategy to indoctrinate children to be activists for an eventual revolution.
    I guess that depends what you mean. I certainly agree with the second sentence. As for the first, I should clarify that I'm not saying it had to be wokeness, but I still do believe that there was a void that had to be filled. That void didn't create wokeness, but wokeness certainly took advantage of it.
    And frankly, it wouldn’t have mattered if there were religion in the schools anyway. Wokeness is doing a fine job of infiltrating churches. It would have just used whatever religious framework there was to their advantage.
    You'd be shocked how many churches get along nowadays with hardly any religion to speak of. Most of the churches where wokeness has successfully infiltrated are the ones where, in the cultural revolution of the 60's and 70's, they ditched any meaningful religious aspects in favor of "Let's all get together and sing songs and feel good about ourselves." I don't think you'll find many, if any, churches that have stuck to their traditional religious beliefs while simultaneously promoting leftist ideology.

Yes, wokeness could have very easily taken over an education system that maintained only the external trappings of religion, but what I see as more important is the fundamental understanding that underlies traditional Christianity: that we were all created by a higher power, and therefore we should respect the rights of others, and we don't decide for ourselves what is right and wrong, etc.

It is true that this fundamental understanding was already starting to be eroded away in the culture at large before it was pushed out of schools, so I suppose it might be unrealistic to think that it could have been kept going in schools while the culture at large was already leaving it behind. However, I do think the battle was made easier for the other side when Christianity was pushed out of the way. Like it or not, many, if not most, conservatives are heavily influenced by their religious beliefs, and those beliefs form a foundation upon which their conservative principles are built. So when these Christian conservatives decided that they were okay with seeing the fundamental ideas that formed the foundation of their principles being erased from public education, it created a lop-sided battlefield for leftists, who were perfectly willing to push their own ideologies into schools.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Acknowledged in the New York Times, there exists a revolting record of in-depth reports on Kinsey's sexual experiments on children as young as infants. Much of it came to light after the esteemed Dr. Judith Reisman blew the lid off Kinsey's crimes. Just a warning, this is going to be graphic, but it's important information.

Quantified by his own handmade charts and graphs, the man IU has now honored with a bronze statue facilitated the sexual violation of up to 2,035 infants and children that included oral and anal sodomy, manual abuse, and genital intercourse."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Many of the viewpoints put forth herein do not address ALL possible scenarios and are, therefore, all open to fair counter viewpoints.

For instance, the meme shared above juxtaposes what appears to be private religious school with what appears to be an individual of questionable life choices in a public school.
    On point 1 above, you are correct. TONS of grey area. Be an active parent. Talk to your teachers. Talk to your school admins. Attend board meetings. Run for a board position, etc, etc, etc..... All within the realm of "public school".

On point #2: it was a meme. Don't take advice from a meme. Hell, don't take advice from the internet in general, including this post.

Ima leave alone any "I can't" comments. I have a strong opinion there that doesn't tend to go over well with those that "can't".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don’t think wokeness came in to schools because something had to fill a void left by the absence of religion. It came in as a progressive strategy to indoctrinate children to be activists for an eventual revolution.

And frankly, it wouldn’t have mattered if there were religion in the schools anyway. Wokeness is doing a fine job of infiltrating churches. It would have just used whatever religious framework there was to their advantage.

My observation of wokeness and the people who practice it reminds me of a religion. A creepy one at that.

I just wonder who their Jim Jones is.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess that depends what you mean. I certainly agree with the second sentence. As for the first, I should clarify that I'm not saying it had to be wokeness, but I still do believe that there was a void that had to be filled. That void didn't create wokeness, but wokeness certainly took advantage of it.
    I don't think there was any voids that needed filled. I really didn't experience any religious stuff in schools I attended. My family was very religious. I received my religious education in the home and in church. I think that's as it should be. The point was only that Wokeness didn't fill any void. It was brought in to facilitate a political end.

You'd be shocked how many churches get along nowadays with hardly any religion to speak of. Most of the churches where wokeness has successfully infiltrated are the ones where, in the cultural revolution of the 60's and 70's, they ditched any meaningful religious aspects in favor of "Let's all get together and sing songs and feel good about ourselves." I don't think you'll find many, if any, churches that have stuck to their traditional religious beliefs while simultaneously promoting leftist ideology.

Yes, wokeness could have very easily taken over an education system that maintained only the external trappings of religion, but what I see as more important is the fundamental understanding that underlies traditional Christianity: that we were all created by a higher power, and therefore we should respect the rights of others, and we don't decide for ourselves what is right and wrong, etc.

It is true that this fundamental understanding was already starting to be eroded away in the culture at large before it was pushed out of schools, so I suppose it might be unrealistic to think that it could have been kept going in schools while the culture at large was already leaving it behind. However, I do think the battle was made easier for the other side when Christianity was pushed out of the way. Like it or not, many, if not most, conservatives are heavily influenced by their religious beliefs, and those beliefs form a foundation upon which their conservative principles are built. So when these Christian conservatives decided that they were okay with seeing the fundamental ideas that formed the foundation of their principles being erased from public education, it created a lop-sided battlefield for leftists, who were perfectly willing to push their own ideologies into schools.

I don't think respecting the rights of others, or even the observation that rights exist in the first place, requires a belief that we were created by a higher power. No matter how we came about, whether by God, by evolution, or that we're in a simulation, the mutual and collective benefit of treating each other the way we each would like to be treated is obvious.

Even woke people believe in rights, it's just that they prioritize the collective rights of identity groups over individual rights. I don't think that the SCOTUS rulings in the 60s, which in my view was an affirmation of the 1st amendment, opened the door to wokeness. There wasn't any ruling against god in churches and here we are, woke churches overtaking Christianity.

The 1st amendment prohibits establishment of a state religion. Prior to 1962 schools often conducted religious activities, almost always, Christian. And nothing against Christianity, but it is not a public School's place to do this. Even when I was religious, I did not want public schools doing this. Private clubs? Fine. Religious training belongs in the home and Church. But, I did and still do not oppose allowing school kids to observe their religious beliefs in school. As long as there's no proselytizing, and no infidels get beheaded.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Acknowledged in the New York Times, there exists a revolting record of in-depth reports on Kinsey's sexual experiments on children as young as infants. Much of it came to light after the esteemed Dr. Judith Reisman blew the lid off Kinsey's crimes. Just a warning, this is going to be graphic, but it's important information.

Quantified by his own handmade charts and graphs, the man IU has now honored with a bronze statue facilitated the sexual violation of up to 2,035 infants and children that included oral and anal sodomy, manual abuse, and genital intercourse."

If you want to normalize sex crimes, I guess you get the ball rolling by doing it in the name of research.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Not that I'm calling for violence or anything. I'm not. I'm just pointing out something that seems obvious to me. We've all heard about "punchable faces". I kinda think Stelter was born with one of those. I can't imagine that he wasn't beaten up a lot as a kid. His face just screams "punch me". He probably grew up wondering, "why do people keep punching me in the face so much? I can't go anywhere without getting punched. They don't even steal my lunch after they punch me! They just walk by, POW, then walk off. I don't see a sticker on my back that says punch me. I hast to be coordinated. It must be the bad people conspiring against me. Because they're jealous. Yeah. That's it. They're just jealous. Mom says I have a beautiful face. "

And then, it seems like later in life, the mystery cleared up for him somehow. He started associating the people who punch him in the face with the people who don't think women can have penises. And so he started associating "Maga" people as the ones who keep punching him in the face. Because they tend not to think women can have penises.

But really, it's just an involuntary reflex that most people have. And not everyone has that reflexive reaction even though everyone except Don Lemon wants to punch Stelter in the face. Most people can override the reflex to punch him in the face. I don't even think they have to be MAGA people. Just normal everyday people who don't think women can have penises see his face and just want to punch it.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I don't think respecting the rights of others, or even the observation that rights exist in the first place, requires a belief that we were created by a higher power. No matter how we came about, whether by God, by evolution, or that we're in a simulation, the mutual and collective benefit of treating each other the way we each would like to be treated is obvious.
    I think this is ultimately the root of our disagreement. I've always found that any attempt to answer the "bigger questions" regarding our identity, purpose, and how we should live our life, that doesn't make reference to a higher power, seems to ring hollow to me. I truly believe that many people are feeling a lack of meaning in their lives due to having lost the sense of understanding of one's purpose that comes from a solid, Christian foundation. Thus, I think a lot of the success of "wokeism" is due to the fact that it has found a substitute for believing in a higher power in convincing people that they are part of an enlightened movement that will save the world from the dark grip of the patriarchal, bigoted, etc, conservatives who have oppressed the world for centuries.

Of course, there are many people who supposedly believe in a higher power who still fall prey to wokeism, but that seems to me to most often be the result of their having a watered-down version of religion where God is basically just a nice guy in the sky who gives you hugs after you die, and leaves all the bigger questions of your identity and morality up to you to decide for yourself.

Seeing as you believe you have found purpose and meaning in life without the need for either religion, nor woke-style ideologies, it's only natural that we would ultimately disagree on this. I guess all I can say to that is that your position seems logical to me based on your premise, and I don't think debating that premise really falls within the scope of online discussion, so I'm fine to leave it at that.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this is ultimately the root of our disagreement. I've always found that any attempt to answer the "bigger questions" regarding our identity, purpose, and how we should live our life, that doesn't make reference to a higher power, seems to ring hollow to me. I truly believe that many people are feeling a lack of meaning in their lives due to having lost the sense of understanding of one's purpose that comes from a solid, Christian foundation. Thus, I think a lot of the success of "wokeism" is due to the fact that it has found a substitute for believing in a higher power in convincing people that they are part of an enlightened movement that will save the world from the dark grip of the patriarchal, bigoted, etc, conservatives who have oppressed the world for centuries.

Of course, there are many people who supposedly believe in a higher power who still fall prey to wokeism, but that seems to me to most often be the result of their having a watered-down version of religion where God is basically just a nice guy in the sky who gives you hugs after you die, and leaves all the bigger questions of your identity and morality up to you to decide for yourself.

Seeing as you believe you have found purpose and meaning in life without the need for either religion, nor woke-style ideologies, it's only natural that we would ultimately disagree on this. I guess all I can say to that is that your position seems logical to me based on your premise, and I don't think debating that premise really falls within the scope of online discussion, so I'm fine to leave it at that.

FWIW, I think religion has filled the sense of meaning since hunter-gatherers. I think I've said before that I'm not sure humans know how to exist at society scale without religion to tie people together. I think that a strong sense of individualism helps inoculate people against wokeness. Wokeness requires a lot of sympathy to identity and collective struggles, if there is such a thing. I think religion does help innoculate some people. But those churches that don't have enough sense of individualism in the congregation, enough to have herd immunity from wokeism, are doomed to fall to it. Public school is another matter altogether.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    That is an interesting idea that wokeism could replace religion and/or some wokeism goes with that "happy god" idea. I understand the way I wrote that could sound cynical and it isn't, I just kinda like that idea. Maybe they feel the need to strike out/enact change because they feel strongly convicted with no normal outlet so they speak against (shaking hands in air) allllll that is terrrrrrrible.

I think if people just worked harder they wouldn't have as much energy to think about how wrong they think other people are.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Worth the watch. The video doesn't get into it, but IMO this straight up demonstrates that TikTok is a Chinese government op to poison and weaken America. The algorithm is clearly designed to onramp very young users straight into sexual content.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom