Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This could have went in several different threads, it is long, but funny, and just plain pathetic as well. I am glad I am no longer in the work force.

It is from a Reddit thread in which people ask the group if they are the bad guy. Unfortunately, I can't seem to insert a link to the original without it inserting naughty words.

"We have two workplace cats in one area of our worksite. they add value to the worksite, we all love the cats and the worksite cat presence is not the issue. one of the cats (jean) is a tortoiseshell cat we have had for years. the other cat (jorts) is a large orange cat and a recent addition.

jorts is just… kind of a simple guy. for example, jorts can’t open a door even when it’s ajar— he shoves it whether he is going in or out, so often he closes the door he is trying to go through. this means he is often trapped inside the place he was trying to exit and meows until he is rescue

my colleague pam (not her real name) has been spending a lot of time trying to teach jorts things. the doors thing is the main example — it’s a real issue because the cats are fed in a closet and jorts keeps pushing the door closed. jean can actually open all the other interior doors since they are a lever type knob, but she can’t open this particular door if she is trapped inside the closet

tortie jean is very nice to poor orange jorts, and she is kept busy letting him out of rooms he has trapped himself in, so this seems easy to resolve. i put down a door stop

pam then said i was depriving jorts of the “chance to learn” and kept removing the doorstop. she set up a series of special learning activities for jorts, and tried to put these tasks on the whiteboard of daily team tasks (i erased them). she thinks we need to teach him how to clean himself better and how to get out of minor barriers like when he gets a cup stuck on his head, etc. i love jorts but he’s just dumb af and we can’t change that

don’t get me wrong— watching her try to teach jorts how to walk through a door is hilarious, but jean got locked in the closet twice last week. yesterday i installed a cat cutout thing in the door and pam started getting really huffy. i made a gentle joke about “you can’t expect jean’s tortoiseshell smarts from orange cat jorts” which made pam furious. she started crying and left the hallway, then sent an email to the group (including volunteers) and went home early

in her email pam said i was “perpetuating ethnic stereotypes by saying orange cats are dumb” and is demanding a racial sensitivity training before she will return. i don’t think it’s relevant but just in case, pam is a white person in a mostly minority staff (and no she is not ginger/does not have red hair

tl;dr: aita for ‘enforcing an ethnic stereotype’ by joking that orange cats are often dumb?).y.t.p.t.d.re often dumb?"
    AITA is a fiction sub. Everything people post there is made up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

So does this bitch expect us all to wear masks in perpetuity? JHC.

I want to send her pictures of unmasked faces with the sub "boo!" or "boogity boogity!". LOL

Now Im not one to try to inflict mental anguish on legitimately troubled folks. But when you are THAT redonkulous, you deserve to be teased until you get your butt to a professional shrink for meds and/or counseling to get that mush for brains squared away.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So does this bitch expect us all to wear masks in perpetuity? JHC.

I want to send her pictures of unmasked faces with the sub "boo!" or "boogity boogity!". LOL

Now Im not one to try to inflict mental anguish on legitimately troubled folks. But when you are THAT redonkulous, you deserve to be teased until you get your butt to a professional shrink for meds and/or counseling to get that mush for brains squared away.
    I thought it said it was a parody account. Maybe I misread.

ETA: Yep. Post #2405

Blessings,
    Bill

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone finally recognized "Jingle Bells" for what it truly is:

Thank (Insert deity of your choice here) that SOMEBODY is watching the gate!

Purple as needed.
    Idunno. I’d challenge the narrative that it has such a racist origin. Wokish zealots lie about history often enough that I can’t just take their word for it just because they claim it happened a certain way. Personally I think Jingle Bells is a stupid song, but I’m not a big fan of much Christmas music anyway. If we’re gonna get rid of it though, lets get rid of it for something verifiable, like, because jamil doesn’t like it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    That seems fair ...........
    c5pkm4.png

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Reference Jonathan Swift's 1729 satirical essay often called "A Modest Proposal"--it seems that Joe Mathews' assertion that "My proposal is quite modest" is a veiled signal that his proposal is satire of a nature similar to Swift's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom