• ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Sticking with my daily routine.

Wake up, pee, step on scale, let the dogs out, take my blood pressure, drink 2 cups espresso, take my body and visceral fat measurements, workout . . .
    I finally stepped on the scales this morning, only up a couple pounds, but my routine has been all messed up, our little one is sick, mama went to her moms for thanksgiving, so I’ve had little one since Wednesday night and will until tomorrow afternoon.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Weighted in at 180.0# today.

Down from the past few days but more than I weighed a week ago.

The days leading up to the holiday, and the days following it, all had interrupted time, making my workouts harder to fit in, they also included a lot more food. We still have 2 extra people in the house and the refrigerator still has pies, ham, turkey and side dishes leftover. But it is all dwindling down a bit each day.

Seems like I've lost some of my motivation.

Outwardly I do look better, clearly trim and slim. But my visceral fat is still naggingly high despite some progress and my blood pressure has not sustained a downward trend, if anything it is flat and still requires meds. That is what started the journey to better health so while I've lost roughly 30# and fit comfortably into Wrangler 34" waist "slim cut" blue jeans, I still have more work to do.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    After two days in the gym, I've been able to shed around three of the almost six pounds I put on around Thanksgiving. It's depressing knowing it's going to take 7-10 days to fix the damage I caused in two. It also reinforces the fact I'm not one of those people that can eat whatever they want; I'll always need to be on some type of program to maintain a healthy weight.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . It also reinforces the fact I'm not one of those people that can eat whatever they want; I'll always need to be on some type of program to maintain a healthy weight.
    Me too. But I look at it as a lifestyle change, not a program.

To my way of thinking a program is temporary.

While I do not want to spend the rest of my life chasing the goals of closing my 'rings' on an AppleWatch, I do want to remain more active. I got myself into a very unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    After two days in the gym, I've been able to shed around three of the almost six pounds I put on around Thanksgiving. It's depressing knowing it's going to take 7-10 days to fix the damage I caused in two. It also reinforces the fact I'm not one of those people that can eat whatever they want; I'll always need to be on some type of program to maintain a healthy weight.
    I don't track my calories each day but will track it one day here and one day there. I find I'm between 1900 and 2800 99% of the time. For me, and may be different for others, but I'm not too concerned about calories like I used to be. I'm more concerned about where my calories are coming from. When close to 80% of my calories are coming from protein I can easily fluctuate caloric intake day to day amd my weight will remain stable. My workouts stay consistent also

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I don't track my calories each day but will track it one day here and one day there. I find I'm between 1900 and 2800 99% of the time. For me, and may be different for others, but I'm not too concerned about calories like I used to be. I'm more concerned about where my calories are coming from. When close to 80% of my calories are coming from protein I can easily fluctuate caloric intake day to day amd my weight will remain stable. My workouts stay consistent also
    I wonder how much protein I got from half a cheesecake and about a snow shovel worth of mashed potatoes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm sore. Rheumatoid Arthritis and probably some exercise pain too.

But today is day 3 of me NOT working out. Sticking with the dieting. But not hitting my Exercise or Movement goals.

I'm 62 and was diagnosed with RA at age 24. So been living with this for almost 40 years. My meds are no longer working well enough, doctors are making some changes. But living on Tramadol daily and occasionally some Hydrocodone until the new meds are approved by the insurance company.

I've lost my Thanksgiving tonnage and am back to hovering in the 177# weight range so I'm happy with that. I'd just like to work on building up muscle now but too sore to try.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm in a bit better shape today. Still stiff and a bit sore, but not in serious pain like I had been for the past few days. Did a half hour on the treadmill. No weights or resistance bands today, at least not yet.

I'm supposed to coach at Purdue University tonight. Their practice is 9pm to Midnight. I was looking for excuses to not go. The club has 3 practices a week, I usually make it there about 1 time every other week. They announced that I would be attending and over a dozen kids signed up in less than an hour asking to get some lesson time.

Sore or not, I'll be traveling to Purdue, their 3 hour practice is usually a pretty good workout for me.

And now I need the workout. We had Chinese take-out for lunch today. Just stuffed about 1000 calories of high sodium, high fat food into my colon. I'll be eating light the rest of the day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...They announced that I would be attending and over a dozen kids signed up in less than an hour asking to get some lesson time.

Sore or not, I'll be traveling to Purdue, their 3 hour practice is usually a pretty good workout for me...

Good for you! Gotta give those kids what they want. :bow:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Good for you! Gotta give those kids what they want. :bow:
    It is my job to beat young people with a metal stick. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. And their parents signed a waiver :@ya:

Sadly the Purdue club doesn't have a steady coach. Technically I'm their coach, but I'm only there about 2 times a month. 1.5 hour drive plus a 1 hour time change from Central to Eastern makes it hard to get there more frequently.

The kids need a lot more coaching. Most of my high school students can beat most of the college kids, but the high school kids show up 3 to 4 times a week, we have multiple coaches working with them. You'd think that Purdue would have access to somewhat of a better arrangement than they do, but there is a serious shortage of fencing coaches. And many, like me, only specialize in 1 weapon, which doesn't do much to help the kids who fence the other 2 weapons.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well, I weighed in this morning and I’m down a couple pounds from where I was on thanksgiving day. Haven’t got a workout in in nearly two weeks, first the little one was sick, then she got me sick and now I’m fighting a nasty sinus infection. Still dropping weight so I’m not gonna stress about it. The only part that really bugs me is missing my Sunday hike, rain and cold and not feeling good, missed my first one since March :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    … Still dropping weight so I’m not gonna stress about it. The only part that really bugs me is missing my Sunday hike …
    I get it.

I miss my daily workouts.

With my rheumatoid arthritis meds faltering I’m having mostly bad days with some good days. Popping narcotics like they are M&M’s is not a good thing either. I take just enough. Never to the point of getting high.

But I really am missing my hour of workouts. Best I’ve managed over the past week is about 1/2 an hour. Some days nothing. I’m holding steady in the 177# range.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I managed to lose the 5.8 pounds I put on during Thanksgiving plus drop an additional pound. I can't say I'm happy because I wasted a week getting back to where I was originally, but I did learn a valuable lesson to not let myself go ape when it comes to cheating.

I had three people in a two day period make comments about how much I have slimmed down. I try to buy one or two pieces of new clothing each week, so I'm guessing I was wearing those smaller clothes at the time and it showed my improved appearance. One of the people that made a comment was a Mexican gentleman that works for one of my customers. In his broken English, I think he asked me if I had a heart attack.

Top Bottom