• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I workout BEFORE breakfast. Apparently it helps regulate blood sugar and burns more fat. I didn't know that. It is just my habit.

Interesting article:

Jeez I’d have to get up at 3 to work out before breakfast. Heck I’m not going to get a session in tonight until probably 9 at this rate, and while I could take a day off I’m getting a little obsessive about hitting my goals.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Had a really strong workout this morning. I didn't feel bad when I showed up at the gym, but when I hit the third exercise, I really started feeling good.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I'm not doing bro splits. With my job, there's too great a chance of work going long and me having to miss a scheduled day. I'm using a total body approach, so I know all the body parts will get attention whenever I can make it in the gym.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Got 15 miles of hiking in today. As of right now my total active calories burnt is 2297. I probably need a few more days of that, I sorta let go of the reins this weekend, my sister made me a homemade butterscotch birthday cake, the wife took me out to eat. Yeah I didn’t have much discipline this weekend… :facepalm:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Limiting myself to 2000 calories a day and going to the gym aren't working as fast as I'd like so I'm cutting out the Bangs and Stevia/Monkfruit sweetener in my coffee entirely. Supposedly just the taste of sweetness can trigger an insulin response so I'm gonna give it a month or two and see if it helps :dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Limiting myself to 2000 calories a day and going to the gym aren't working as fast as I'd like so I'm cutting out the Bangs and Stevia/Monkfruit sweetener in my coffee entirely. Supposedly just the taste of sweetness can trigger an insulin response so I'm gonna give it a month or two and see if it helps :dunno:
    Interesting. I've been using Monkfruit in my coffee for years. I wonder if it would make a difference if I quit?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yesterday morning got in a 3 mile brisk walk, at a pace of about 3.3mph while waiting for my wife's back procedure to be completed.

Went to the cardiologist for my very first consult in the afternoon and actually got a pretty good report. He is happy with what I do and wants me to keep doing it. Very minor meds adjustment. He is not concerned but wants to continue watching. Scheduled a routine stress test, etc. I aced the stress test 2 years ago. Figure I'll manage to do that again as I am actually feeling better.

Weight dropped to 187.7# this morning. Weighed myself 3 times to confirm. That is a new record low. My goal is 185# by mid-October so that is now looking reachable again after I plateaued at the 190/191 range for 8 days.

I have a new rowing machine on order, should be delivered at the end of the month. I like machines that have programmable resistance programs that change, this was a mid-priced machine but was one of the few rowers I could find with actual variable resistance programs, it uses a magnetic resistance flywheel like my Nautilus exercise bike.

Put some of my older basic equipment up for sale, recumbent bike, piston rower and piston stair stepper, all 3 for $200 in the INGO classifieds.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How not to talk to an overweight woman, Lesson #1.

I was doing some garage sale-ing and ran across a sale that was being run by 3 very rough looking/acting good ole boys. I had no issue with them, so I looked around. They had some pieces of women's clothing, and I picked up a sweater that was an XL and then put it back down. One guy asked why I didn't want it, and I said it was too small. (I'm between 2X-3X right now.) He said "I bet that would fit you. A reeeeeally big gal wore it." I said no, thanks. Told him I'm at least 50 lbs away from an XL. He said "Are you sure? My ex that wore it was HUGE." I told him he'd better quit while he was ahead, and then I paid for my wire snips and left. :laugh:

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    How not to talk to an overweight woman, Lesson #1.

I was doing some garage sale-ing and ran across a sale that was being run by 3 very rough looking/acting good ole boys. I had no issue with them, so I looked around. They had some pieces of women's clothing, and I picked up a sweater that was an XL and then put it back down. He asked why I didn't want it, and I said it was too small. (I'm between 2X-3X right now.) He said "I bet that would fit you. A reeeeeally big gal wore it." I said no, thanks. Told him I'm at least 50 lbs away from an XL. He said "Are you sure? My ex that wore it was HUGE." I told him he'd better quit while he was ahead, and then I paid for my wire snips and left. :laugh:
    I guess we know why she’s his ex don’t we :facepalm:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Man this workout sucks tonight! I swear as soon as I get my 45 minute goal in I’m done! Bench press sucked, and I’m just not mentally into it tonight, I would much rather be outside building a fire and making the kids s’mores!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I tweaked my lower back today doing nothing but getting in and out of my truck about 20 times for garage sales. I hope it's better in the morning. I've got enough pain without creating more.
    The best thing is to probably keep moving. As much as it sucks, movement will keep things from getting tight.

Top Bottom