• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bought a rower. Just getting started and only home to use it Mon night, Tues,Wed, Thurs morning but I really enjoy it. Not much weight change but I feel better. Aim to work up to 30 min. 11 is good and warmed up now. Next week shooting for 15 min. At almost 64 I'm not trying to kill myself.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Bought a rower. Just getting started and only home to use it Mon night, Tues,Wed, Thurs morning but I really enjoy it. Not much weight change but I feel better. Aim to work up to 30 min. 11 is good and warmed up now. Next week shooting for 15 min. At almost 64 I'm not trying to kill myself.
    Yup. Almost 62 here.

Reactions: Leo

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Rowing is a great compound movement for arms and back! Good g(r)owing!

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    199. Honestly, I don't remember when I weighed less than 200 lbs. At least 21 years ago but likely longer. Buggered up my lower back changing the rotors/pads/hardware on the CRV a week or so ago so I'm not exercising much, but eating correctly, for sure.

The back is helped by reminding myself "head over heart, heart over hips", my posture isn't great but improving, I sit at a computer most of the day in a cubicle farm.

Also using StepsApp on my glass brick. Had a "perfect month" in March, 10k all 31 days.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    199. Honestly, I don't remember when I weighed less than 200 lbs. At least 21 years ago but likely longer. Buggered up my lower back changing the rotors/pads/hardware on the CRV a week or so ago so I'm not exercising much, but eating correctly, for sure.

The back is helped by reminding myself "head over heart, heart over hips", my posture isn't great but improving, I sit at a computer most of the day in a cubicle farm.

Also using StepsApp on my glass brick. Had a "perfect month" in March, 10k all 31 days.
    Last time I was under 200 was around 21 years ago too. Got to at least 255 at one point. Got to 200 last week with a goal of 195.

Software designer here so I know about sitting.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Last time I was under 200 was around 21 years ago too. Got to at least 255 at one point. Got to 200 last week with a goal of 195.

Software designer here so I know about sitting.
    I'm almost right there with you two. I had gotten within 0.9 lbs of 200, and now I am back up to 205. I've stepped up the low carb foods. Hopefully I will get below 200 within a few weeks. I also have not seen 199 in at least 20 years.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm almost right there with you two. I had gotten within 0.9 lbs of 200, and now I am back up to 205. I've stepped up the low carb foods. Hopefully I will get below 200 within a few weeks. I also have not seen 199 in at least 20 years.
    It was late after running errands after work and would get home too late to cook so stopped at Texas Roadhouse and had a 16oz ribeye and green beans as my two side dishes since they were the only side item that wasn’t carbs. Besides heavy cream in my coffee that’s all I ate yesterday. Of course I can’t afford to eat like that often but they do have good steaks. Yum.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Have not posted my last weighin. Down to 200 or so. My goal was 195 but I have gone from a size 38 waist to a size 32 and I am not going to try as hard and just eat the way I have been eating and see where things settle out. That’s 45 pounds from last July.

This was a low carb diet, very very low carb diet. Mostly carnivore.

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Who's got two thumbs and just won the weight loss competition at work? This Guy, That's Who!!! 221 lbs 12/28/23, 199 lbs on 4/2/24. This money was used to help purchase a pair of Hoka One One Speed Goat 5 trail shoes I'll use for obstacle course racing this summer. My last set lasted 50 miles or so (with a prostetic hip Doc said "the only running you'll do now is For Your Life")
    Discipline and Consistency and from what I've read Snapdragon, you have both, you'll make it. A friend of mine who studied these things said "statistically speaking it is impossible to stay the *exact* same weight, it's like a sine wave and always will be". After this pic was taken I went to 205 but am back to 201 and am not letting the "waves" rattle me.

Attachments

• winning.png
      winning.png
      394.5 KB · Views: 1

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Who's got two thumbs and just won the weight loss competition at work? This Guy, That's Who!!! 221 lbs 12/28/23, 199 lbs on 4/2/24. This money was used to help purchase a pair of Hoka One One Speed Goat 5 trail shoes I'll use for obstacle course racing this summer. My last set lasted 50 miles or so (with a prostetic hip Doc said "the only running you'll do now is For Your Life")

Discipline and Consistency and from what I've read Snapdragon, you have both, you'll make it. A friend of mine who studied these things said "statistically speaking it is impossible to stay the *exact* same weight, it's like a sine wave and always will be". After this pic was taken I went to 205 but am back to 201 and am not letting the "waves" rattle me.
    Congratulations! Thanks. I'm down to 204, but I'm struggling. My mom (91 now) was in the hospital for a week and rehab for 3 weeks for a fall, and she came home really weak and still very much a fall risk. I have to be by her side every minute she is awake in case she gets up, and she wakes me to help her get up when she has to go to the bathroom. She is underweight, so I have to get as much protein and calories into her as I can. Between that and the pain and fatigue from my autoimmune issues, it's just easier to eat when she eats.

I did make what I call "cabbage goulash" last night. No pasta, just sliced cabbage, onions, ground beef, and tomatoes. So good. (Mom also had bread and butter and an Ensure).

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Weight day. Today 200.4 pounds. Last week I was 201 and the week before that 200.4. Of course now the issue is weight maintenance and also maybe hitting my 195 goal but I will not be obsessive about that.

I am waiting on my lab results from my physical last week. Doc never noticed my weight loss previously until I brought it up and never asked any questions about how. Previously he said that they worry about systolic blood pressure in older people. This time was 116/88 (systolic untreated was around 150 before) so now he cautions against diastolic pressure. I know it can lead to strokes and so will address it myself after studying the issue as my dad, someone that never had much weight on him, had strokes, his dad the same.

Anyway I always say none of us are getting out of this alive but feeling so much better and maintaining metabolic health makes a big difference in quality of life.

I have quite a few jeans I can no longer wear. Out of a big pile of them I thought I had maybe a couple size 38 waist. Half of them were. I was recently buying size 34 and now buying size 32. I can probably still use the 34’s but dang, that was a surprise.

Top Bottom