• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Screen-Shot-2021-12-01-at-9.15.17-AM.png
    I’ve never wanted to punch someone in the face more than you! :)

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Are these all “besides Tom Sawyer”…

Yep, early years. Alblums are "Close to the Edge" and "Fragile"! They had others but those were off the top of my shiney bald head.
    I've never heard of the song "Tom Sawyer".
    Looked and found the song done by Rush (I think).

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If Sam had wanted you to have a wife, he would have issued you one.

No service member should be married until E-6 or above. Even then, it is very difficult on the woman and it takes a special kind.

I was a Staff Sargent E-6 up for Sargent Fist Class E-7 when I was engaged. After weighing all of my options in the military and looking at all of the troubled and failed marriages (that I knew of) I decided to get out.

Marriage is difficult even for civilians that come home every night. The difficulty is exacerbated when you are deployed at Sam's discretion, many times without warning.

OPSEC (Operation Security) requires that you can not talk about it. That is one reason that the families of Intelligence personnel think they are stupid and uninformed.

ETA 40 years in January.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If Sam had wanted you to have a wife, he would have issued you one.

No service member should be married until E-6 or above. Even then, it is very difficult on the woman and it takes a special kind.

I was a Staff Sargent E-6 up for Sargent Fist Class E-7 when I was engaged. After weighing all of my options in the military and looking at all of the troubled and failed marriages (that I knew of) I decided to get out.

Marriage is difficult even for civilians that come home every night. The difficulty is exacerbated when you are deployed at Sam's discretion, many times without warning.

OPSEC (Operation Security) requires that you can not talk about it. That is one reason that the families of Intelligence personnel think they are stupid and uninformed.

ETA 40 years in January.
    I WAS an E-6 (the first time) when I got married. Started seeing her just after Desert Storm, got hitched in 95.

However, I had a fiancée as a young pvt. Good thing she cheated on me, and we never went through with it. She wasn't the right one. This one has stood with me through everything, including me coming back from Iraq all banged up. We're both old, and fat now, but we'll be together forever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom